Looks like BBC Trust ruling has finally hit Pacific Quay

North Rd

Scottish Cup: Rangers v Albion Rovers by numbers

When Rangers met Albion Rovers in the Ramsdens Cup early this season, the teams had just swapped leagues.

Rangers had effectively replaced the relegated Coatbridge outfit in the third tier of Scottish football.

But July's 4-0 win for Ally McCoist's under-strength team demonstrated a gulf in quality on the park, while the switch of venue to Livingston underlined the different realms in which these clubs operate.

Now these worlds collide again as they prepare to meet at Ibrox next month with a place in the Scottish Cup semi-finals at stake.

Different League

There may only be one division separating the sides but their respective campaigns make for a stark contrast.

Rangers are coasting at the top of League One, unbeaten and victorious in 22 of their 23 games. Albion Rovers are seventh in League Two, with 31 points from 23 games.

So, Rangers have picked up more than double the points on offer.

Sound of the Crowd

Albion Rovers experimented with a "pay what you can" scheme in January, with a crowd increase of 125% and gate receipts up 160%.

Supporters and visiting fans were asked to fork out what they could afford for a ticket, with a minimum £1 entry. The attendance for the 1-0 win over Montrose? 718.

The mean league crowd at Cliftonhill this season has been 420, so the Wee Rovers players might want to wear earplugs when they get to Ibrox - with 42,844 turning up on average this term.

So, Rangers have more than 100 times the home support.

Show us your Medals

Rangers have lifted the Scottish Cup on 33 occasions, the last of those triumphs coming in 2009.

Albion Rovers have never won it, although they did get to the final in 1920, losing out to Kilmarnock 3-2 in front of a 95,000 crowd at Celtic Park.

Rangers last won the Scottish Cup in 2009

And how did they get there? Well, they beat Rangers in the semi-finals after a second replay.

The Rovers trophy room has plenty of room for expansion, with two title successes from Scotland's lowest tier to their name.

Rangers' silver polish bill is much higher, having celebrated 55 league-winning parties, 27 League Cups and a European Cup Winners' Cup as well as those Scottish Cup victories.

So, Rangers have won 58 times the number of trophies (sorry, the Lanarkshire Cup doesn't count).

Show us the Money

I see reporting Scotland had that fuckwit tom english giving us his expertise about Scottish rugby. What a state Scottish journalism is in especially bbc brigadoon when they call on this fcukin con man to give his views. Opinions on many sports knows fcuk awe about any of them !

Perfect timing. I just had some Dundee Hibernian supporter tell me that the BBC was a reputable source for proving Rangers were a new club. This article was written 3 hours ago. Safe to say he's been humiliated by his own idiocy. :lol:

He is absolutely correct, Rangers were in fact a brand new club in 1872.

I see reporting Scotland had that fuckwit tom english giving us his expertise about Scottish rugby. What a state Scottish journalism is in especially bbc brigadoon when they call on this fcukin con man to give his views. Opinions on many sports knows fcuk awe about any of them !

Rugby was his first game before football

rugby was a much bigger deal where he came from

I heard him saying that on BBC

Think you have read story wrong albion last got to the final in 1920 losing to kilmarnock in the final .they beat rangers after the replays in the semi

Albion Rovers have never won it, although they did get to the final in 1920, losing out to Kilmarnock 3-2 in front of a 95,000 crowd at Celtic Park

And how did they get there? Well, they beat Rangers in the semi-finals after a second replay.

The Rovers trophy room has plenty of room for expansion, with two title successes from Scotland's lowest tier to their name.

Rangers' silver polish bill is much higher, having celebrated 55 league-winning parties, 27 League Cups and a European Cup Winners' Cup as well as those Scottish Cup victories.

So, Rangers have won 58 times the number of trophies (sorry, the Lanarkshire Cup doesn't count).

Rugby was his first game before football

rugby was a much bigger deal where he came from

I heard him saying that on BBC

Oh well it must be true then if he said it on bbc ! A widnae believe him, bbc or that other fcukin serial liar liewwell if they told me it wis daytime at 2 o'clock in the efternoon ! Where he came fae incest was a bigger deal than anythin !

Oh well it must be true then if he said it on bbc ! A widnae believe him, bbc or that other fcukin serial liar liewwell if they told me it wis daytime at 2 o'clock in the efternoon ! Where he came fae incest was a bigger deal than anythin !

Rugby probably was his game before football, as it would be easier to shove the rugby ball up his big arse.

Think you have read story wrong albion last got to the final in 1920 losing to kilmarnock in the final .they beat rangers after the replays in the semi

Albion Rovers have never won it, although they did get to the final in 1920, losing out to Kilmarnock 3-2 in front of a 95,000 crowd at Celtic Park

no

I read the story and this was a quote

"Rangers last won the Scottish Cup in 2009

And how did they get there? Well, they beat Rangers in the semi-finals after a second replay."

So the BBC acknowledge our history and standing in Scottish football. Will we now be seeing disciplinary action taken against Jum Spence and the likes of Cosgrove, Speirs and English no longer being employed?

Thought not--- but is the worm now slowing wakening up and turning............................................?