It is time to unite the small groups and waken the sleeping giant...

North Rd

So I don't know if i have read this right but are RF looking to have enough shares to ensure that the fans have one voice that can be listened to but aren't looking to buy the club?

That's it. In many ways its more appealing than BR which is why those behind BR are not so happy about it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I don't know if i have read this right but are RF looking to have enough shares to ensure that the fans have one voice that can be listened to but aren't looking to buy the club?

From the Q&A on the RF Website;

Who will own Rangers should Rangers First eventually purchase the club?

The aim of Rangers First is to become the majority shareholder in Rangers FC. Its core strategy entails creating a membership structure, which will mean that Rangers supporters – through becoming members of Rangers First – will have individual ownership of the club in a one member, one vote system.

That's it. In many ways its more appealing than BR which is why those behind BR are not so happy about it.

From the Q&A on the RF Website;

Who will own Rangers should Rangers First eventually purchase the club?

The aim of Rangers First is to become the majority shareholder in Rangers FC. Its core strategy entails creating a membership structure, which will mean that Rangers supporters – through becoming members of Rangers First – will have individual ownership of the club in a one member, one vote system.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Sounds like an interesting thing to be involved in. I might actually sign up for this one.

I don't know how an overall fan ownership would work (if it ever happened) but having a democratic voice is definitely a step in the right direction.

I'm one of the 4500 fan shareholders and I would never give or sell my shares to RF or any others.

They will be passed on to my son when I'm gone.

But I like the idea and effort from these guys and ill certainly have a good think and I may sign up for £5 a month.

If every fan paid £5 (which is nothing for some people) then imagine the money it could generate

Thanks for clearing that up!

Sounds like an interesting thing to be involved in. I might actually sign up for this one.

I don't know how an overall fan ownership would work (if it ever happened) but having a democratic voice is definitely a step in the right direction.

I think its a good idea and I would want them to stop buying shares as quickly as possible and start putting the cash into the club. If the fans additional contributions offer more than a Strongbow sponsorship deal the board will listen to the fans.

Only problem is selling this. Anything that involves a cost with no trade in value at the end of the day is not going to appeal to the majority.

I have to say its got to a point with me, (I dont know about anybody else) where I couldn't care less under what umbrella that unity comes - so long as it comes.

What I do know is that this constant, bickering, infighting and agenda led campaigns is destroying our club from within.

Best of luck to all involved.

I think its a good idea and I would want them to stop buying shares as quickly as possible and start putting the cash into the club. If the fans additional contributions offer more than a Strongbow sponsorship deal the board will listen to the fans.

Only problem is selling this. Anything that involves a cost with no trade in value at the end of the day is not going to appeal to the majority.

If hearts can get over 8000 then think what we could get

North America alone I think we could reach that figure

The problem is, the groups are all together, overseen by the same agenda driven diddys, with Rangers First being the only group outwith their cabal. Only thing stopping me investing in RF is the fear of this group being infiltrated by the same idiots.

Thanks for, although you don't agree with FO - you are willing to let others do what they think is best for the club.

I disagree with the term 'contaminated' - who are referring to? And can you explain why?

I've told you before you went out of your way to distance yourself from Dingwall Paul Murray et al yet you have taken them into your temp board

You may not think so, at the moment, but you will be PMing me in six months.

If you haven't learned their MO, by now, then you never will.

I've told you before you went out of your way to distance yourself from Dingwall Paul Murray et al yet you have taken them into your temp board

You may not think so, at the moment, but you will be PMing me in six months.

If you haven't learned their MO, by now, then you never will.

Who are you referring to? Dingwall is actively against RF

I assume you mean Gail - I have spoken to her personally about all of this last night. I don't have any concerns with her. I don't agree with everything she says but I don't have to - thats not what RF is about

The problem is, the groups are all together, overseen by the same agenda driven diddys, with Rangers First being the only group outwith their cabal. Only thing stopping me investing in RF is the fear of this group being infiltrated by the same idiots.

It is one member one vote - how big do you think the group that you dislike is?

RF have over 1000 members and it is growing day by day - with every new member any individuals influence diminishes - majority decisions, bottom up, member led

Great Q&A, come across very well. The idea is fantastic as well. Was due to go to the meeting last night, but ended up not being able to make it.

Will definitely be at the next meeting.

I was looking out for you mate - a lad asked for you as well.

Hopefully next time I'll see you :)

We cant orginize a boycott for ONE game. Fan ownership will never work, especially now that we are more divided than ever.

If fan ownership was so viable then why was there never a real attempt at it during admin?

We cant orginize a boycott for ONE game. Fan ownership will never work, especially now that we are more divided than ever.

If fan ownership was so viable then why was there never a real attempt at it during admin?

The Rangers men who led the bid didn't want the fans involved. Everybody let them get on with it and they failed.

I genuinely don't see that happening - I missed last night's meeting but I've been at others and I'm really taken with the resolve to maintain an open position. Agendas have been rife for too long but I see this as a good clean route forward.

This group seems intent on working with anyone to put Rangers First and that has to be good!

It is one member one vote - how big do you think the group that you dislike is?

RF have over 1000 members and it is growing day by day - with every new member any individuals influence diminishes - majority decisions, bottom up, member led

That's a fair enough answer! I'll give the minutes a read and take it from there.

I genuinely don't see that happening - I missed last night's meeting but I've been at others and I'm really taken with the resolve to maintain an open position. Agendas have been rife for too long but I see this as a good clean route forward.

This group seems intent on working with anyone to put Rangers First and that has to be good!

TLT seems to have an answer for all my worries, like I said, going to have a read at last nights minutes and take it from there.

I dont think i've had the pleasure of meeting Greg but Robert needs no introduction.

If theres one guy i'd trust to do his best for the club its him.

We all have our politics and opinions (me more than most), but its past overdue we put them to the side of the greater good, that being Rangers.

I am a season ticket holder have been for 28 years i am also a shareholder and have recently mpved to North Cyprus to retire. I will continue to buy a season ticket as this club has been my life since i was in short trousers as it was for my father his brothers and his father before him. All my brothers and sister are all Rangers fans to the end.

I have never been one for fans groups as in my opinion they are all self centred and use Rangers name for there own aims. This group RF intigues me as i was wondering how could i continue to support my team outwith just buying a seasin ticket. I will read there Q&A and give it much thought and hopefully find it is what i am looking for and i will join.

Why though, their intention is to get to 5% to have a meaningful influence not complete control.

Personally im in favour of anything moving us forward and I don't think anything involving Robert would be a bad thing tbh.

I honestly think it is a brilliant idea - I've yet to see any actual criticism of the scheme itself.

Don't think anyone can argue with getting ACT between support and board and then subsequently projects to improve the club. In theory its excellent - just need to make that in practice :)