Boab Malcolm ?

For the record. Boab Malcom was pish. Not a bad passer but all in all the boy was pish. Couldne tackle in defense, couldnae header the baw. Slow as a week in the jail. Nice first touch and not a bad passer other that he was pish.

:rangers:

But he was one of those like me and for that he has my love... :clap:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Posting smilies after comments is mockery now... Why not take your own advice and lighten up? :D

2. So you agree Hemdani is a better player than Malcolm. Probably why the manager you mention signed said French-Algerian - because Malcolm was not good enough to be considered a first choice. Hemdani is.

3. 29 SPL starts in 2 seasons (76 games) is not regular. Hemdani had a bad injury when he joined us which explained his initial absence. Once he recovered he played almost every game last season and won player of the year. Malcolm will never do that for any team. Never. Why? Because he's average, he's slow, he's immobile and he's simply not good enough to play regularly ahead of other midfielders (or defenders for that matter).

4. Further to that and the fact you keep glossing over, in his last Rangers season he only started 11 games (we've only to go as far back as you want the stats to, eh?). You are suggesting that at that stage he was a developing player at the peak of his game. Surely, such a player (with world class passing!!!) would play much more often than that? More so if the manager found him such a good player.

5. What facts have you shown to back your claims? How is Malcolm a world class passer? Considering he only started in just over a third of league matches over his 2 final years at Rangers that means he was not a regular. He was (and still is) a reserve player who can deputise when called upon. Usually, to a reasonable standard as well. That's why Eck occasionally picked him and that's why Davies signed him. I haven't suggested he was a bad player at any point just not as good as you bizarrely suggest.

What he most certainly isn't is a world class (or superb) passer. He has never been developing into a 'very, very good' player. He wasn't a regular or at his peak in his last season at Rangers (11 starts!). Those are the facts and, as much as I used to actually like Bob, there is no getting away from them.

Danny 9/10 Frankie

Danny 10/9 Frankie

Danny 9/10 Frankie

Danny 10/9 Frankie

Danny 9/10 Frankie ....... and I do believe that was a knockout blow!!!

**Danny hits the deck**

"1"

"2.."

"3..."

"4..."

"5..."

"6..."

"8..."

"9..."

"10.."

"You're out!"

**Raises Frankies arm** :clap::clap::clap:

Boab's average and always will be average..... :harhar:

Boab's average and always will be average..... :harhar:

Watch those 'mocking' emoticons now... ;)

Like I say, I don't think I've been unkind to Malcolm (and I think descriptions of him as p!sh etc) are nearly as exaggerated as 'world-class' but apart from the odd run in the team where he did OK in parts (04/05 was arguably his peak in that regard), he's never been someone we could think of as a genuine first XI regular or someone that would ever be good enough to keep other better examples of holding players (such as Hemdani) out of the team.

Malcolm did suffer from the boo-boys far too much and despite that he worked hard while in the team and did well to be part of the squad that won the league in 04/05. For that, I'll remember him fondly but I'll also be level-headed and accurate about his talents.

Average sums it up perfectly. No more - no less.

I'll also be level-headed and accurate about his talents.

Sums you up Frankie. When someone disagrees with you strongly, you resort to swipes - I've seen it time and time again, and it's not just me you aim them at. And play the victim when the person retorts.

Plus you ignore the opposing comments which clearly show you to be wrong, in favour of further stating your earlier ones.

The above suggests that I am not level headed or accurate about his talents. Who the hell are you to tell me my opinion isn't level headed or accurate? That's a gross insult. What, anyone you disagree with is neither level headed nor accurate? How dare you!

And just because someone agrees with you doesn't make you right. It just means they agree with you.

I'm done here.

What are you talking about? :D :D

What on earth is grossly insulting about suggesting another user has been bit OTT and arguably inaccurate in their comments about an average player. I've never 'played the victim' either.

Nice to see you resort to personal comments instead of addressing my argument - AGAIN. Not to mention disappearing when you apparantly can't answer someone making reasonable points against your flawed opinion - AGAIN.

Poor, poor behaviour from an admin.

Now, where am I 'clearly wrong' about Bob Malcolm? Please show me.

What are you talking about? :D :D

What on earth is grossly insulting about suggesting another user has been bit OTT and arguably inaccurate in their comments about an average player. I've never 'played the victim' either.

Nice to see you resort to personal comments instead of addressing my argument - AGAIN. Not to mention disappearing when you apparantly can't answer someone making reasonable points against your flawed opinion - AGAIN.

Poor, poor behaviour from an admin.

Now, where am I 'clearly wrong' about Bob Malcolm? Please show me.

I said I was done, old friend, and I meant it :)

Let's take my points slowly for you to consider Danny....

1. Bob Malcolm is NOT a 'world class' passer of the ball.

2. Bob Malcolm has never been a regular for Rangers (he has never played in more than half our league games in a season - those who do I'd consider regulars).

3. Bob Malcolm could accurately be described as average.

4. Conversely Bob Malcolm has been unfairly described as p!sh.

5. Bob Malcolm is a reasonable squad player capable of deputising for others when required.

6. Bob Malcolm is not as good as Brahim Hemdani.

7. Bob Malcolm is slow, immobile and has a discipline problem.

8. Bob Malcolm should be remembered fondly by the Rangers support.

Yes, I'm clearly wrong in all I say there. :D

You would rather I was not a man of my word? Nah, no can do dear chum.

No, I' rather you answered the questions put to you than to insult people without any reason whatsoever.

But, you've gone against your word twice now, I see.

Again, where am I clearly wrong about Bob Malcolm?

No, I' rather you answered the questions put to you than to insult people without any reason whatsoever.

I THINK you started with the insults dear chap :)

But, you've gone against your word twice now, I see.

Nope, I'm finished debating with you here about Boab. Not finished in the thread ;)

If you wish to pursue discussing Boab Malcolm, send me an email. That way you might not see any special benefit in insulting me :)

I THINK you started with the insults dear chap :)

Nope, I'm finished debating with you here about Boab. Not finished in the thread ;)

If you wish to pursue discussing Boab Malcolm, send me an email. That way you might not see any special benefit in insulting me :)

Er, where did I insult you in this thread...? I think, old chum, you'll find you started any perceived insults suggesting I had an inflated worth of my own opinion. Not like you to get something wrong, eh Danny?

The fact you won't answer my reasonable questions here shows just how inaccurate and hyperbolic your earlier comments were. That's not insulting but simply fact. I'm sorry you can't differentiate between the 2.

Malcolm is not world class in any department. End of.

Frankie, you have my word that the next time we have an argument, I will stick with it till the end (tu)

I felt like I was bashing my head off a brick wall and the insults didn't sit well, so I decided to end my participation.

But next time, I will stay the distance no matter what nonsense you try ;)

Do you think Bob Malcolm is a world-class passer of the ball?

No I don't think he was a world class passer of the ball. I think he was an average player at best. Not pish, but by no means good

Frankie, you have my word that the next time we have an argument, I will stick with it till the end (tu)

I felt like I was bashing my head off a brick wall and the insults didn't sit well, so I decided to end my participation.

But next time, I will stay the distance no matter what nonsense you try ;)

Again - what nonsense have I posted...? Where was I clearly wrong about Malcolm?

Moreover, where did I insult you?

Maybe you don't want to stick with this particular 'argument' because you know you are, in this case, wrong.

No I don't think he was a world class passer of the ball. I think he was an average player at best. Not pish, but by no means good

Indeed. Which is what I've said all along.

You must be 'clearly wrong' about him as well though. ;)

Wow, dogs with bones have nothing on you Frankie :lol:

Lighten up man, take a tranquiliser.

I'm perfectly chilled thanks.

I'll take those irrelevant comments (how many times will you go against the House Rules?) as you admitting you're wrong then, shall I?

Insults and nonsense indeed! The only person who has been indulging in that is your good self. You don't even have the humility to admit you were wrong. Poor, poor show.