Boab Malcolm ?

For the record. Boab Malcom was pish. Not a bad passer but all in all the boy was pish. Couldne tackle in defense, couldnae header the baw. Slow as a week in the jail. Nice first touch and not a bad passer other that he was pish.

:rangers:

But he was one of those like me and for that he has my love... :clap:

:clap: exactly how i feel about him

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I enjoyed watching Bob play more than I have enjoyed readng this thread. But that's not really saying much.

He sure could pass a ball.

We all agree his tackling was a bit crap but did get better.

He had a hell of a shot on him.

Terrible decision maker.

Slow, ponderous and clearly a bit of a thickie if his FTP signature was anything to go by.

I stuck up for him a lot when he played for us but I have to admit, that was more because I didn't feel we had any better options available to us and I don't agree with getting on a players back all the time. It has exactly the opposite effect of what we wish it would achieve.

I'm perfectly chilled thanks.

I'll take those irrelevant comments (how many times will you go against the House Rules?) as you admitting you're wrong then, shall I?

Insults and nonsense indeed! The only person who has been indulging in that is your good self. You don't even have the humility to admit you were wrong. Poor, poor show.

Just for you, my dear, I will resurrect this. You clearly want it bad, and despite my earlier statement of quitting, I feel I owe it to you to reverse this decision. So, I will now reply to one or 2 of your subsequent posts.

(everyone else can probably leave the thread now :lol:)

What are you talking about? :D :D

What on earth is grossly insulting about suggesting another user has been bit OTT and arguably inaccurate in their comments about an average player.

Ah, now I see you have changed your stance. Earlier you perpetuated it as a fact that I was hyperbolic, over the top, and innaccurate. Now you seem to be altering that to a more neutral and vague stance with such words as 'arguably' and 'a bit'. Why have you done that Frankie?

I've never 'played the victim' either.

Yes, you have.

Nice to see you resort to personal comments instead of addressing my argument - AGAIN.

Haven't you been doing that too? Or are your insults 'fact' ;)

Not to mention disappearing when you apparantly can't answer someone making reasonable points against your flawed opinion - AGAIN.

Another insult, keep 'em coming!

Poor, poor behaviour from an admin.

If you have any comment to make about my position on this forum, keep it private to me or complain to another staff member.

Now, where am I 'clearly wrong' about Bob Malcolm? Please show me.

'not a regular' = 30+ appearances in his final 2 seasons?

If that's not wrong, I'm the Queen.

Yawn.

1. No, I've not changed my stance whatsoever. Your statement RE: world class was, is and always will be gross exaggaration. Also, I think the fact I disagreed with that (and your other points) means I thought you were inaccurate. You are. Not once have you shown you're correct and not one person agrees with you. Some think he was perhaps under-rated but not one thinks he was a world-class passer.

2. Where have I played the victim then? When I have been personally abused I have complained. Anything wrong with that considering admin ask members to do that? Obviously not, considering you complain also when it happens? What is your point anyway?

3. Saying someone disappears when they struggle to answer points isn't insulting. Just a point of view. An insult is when one suggests another holds an elevated opinion of themelves (suggesting arrogance which doesn't exist) or the other things you have said (such as suggesting I take 'swipes' at people). Nice to see you ignored the fact you started the insults after incorrectly suggesting I did.

4. Why should I keep my opinion on your behaviour private - you haven't kept your personal opinions on me private? Won't that me be 'playing the victim' again anyway? I assume you agree that members insulting others isn't constructive? Funny, how you are allowed to do it though, eh? Poor, poor show from an admin. Do you disagree with that?

5. Stop using time to suit your flawed opinion. The most SPL games he has started in one season is 18 (less than half of our league games). The next season it was 11 (despite your claims of Eck saying he wouldn't drop him). The next season it was 6. Do you see a pattern here? Or is he still developing into a very, very good player at the peak of his game? :D

Danny, you suggested Malcolm was a world-class passer and a first XI regular. That's what I disagreed with. No matter how many times you want to take the huff because someone disagrees with you, highlights that exaggaration (insults my arse!) or allegedly mocks you by using emoticons ( :D ); that simple fact will never change.

Now, why don't you actually answer what I said instead deflecting the debate onto some personal crusade which has nothing to do with your outlandish claims about the player.

Again, I'll keep it simple as to my thoughts:

1. Bob Malcolm is NOT a 'world class' passer of the ball.

2. Bob Malcolm has never been a regular for Rangers (he has never played in more than half our league games in a season - those who do I'd consider regulars).

3. Bob Malcolm could accurately be described as average.

4. Conversely Bob Malcolm has been unfairly described as p!sh.

5. Bob Malcolm is a reasonable squad player capable of deputising for others when required.

6. Bob Malcolm is not as good as Brahim Hemdani.

7. Bob Malcolm is slow, immobile and has a discipline problem.

8. Bob Malcolm should be remembered fondly by the Rangers support.

Now, where am I 'clearly wrong' as you have kept saying?

Conversely, if you won't (can't) answer that, how can you justify your claims of Malcolm being a world-class passer, developing into a very good player (despite playing less games than the previous season) and being a first XI regular (despite never starting in more than half of our league games in any one season).

:)

That's me said as much as I want to say. Myself and Frankie shall agree to disagree on this issue.

Time to move on :)

Ah, so you come back on 48 hours after a 'debate', make some bizarre points about me and once again ignore (or refuse to answer) any questions put to you...?

I'd have thought someone who was an admin of the board would be more than happy to set an example to other users. In this thread you have done the complete opposite. Disappointing.

The other day, another user (who I think writes some fabulous stuff generally) made a bit of an exaggerated comment about Libor Sionko. A couple of other users suggested he was wrong. What did original user do? Take the huff? Insult other users? Make personal comments about other members contribution? Refuse to answer valid questions put to him? Say the debate was over after more pointless comments irrelevant to the issue?

Or did he admit he was maybe a bit overly positive in his praise for the player and retract what he said...?

What a difference!

1. Bob Malcolm is NOT a 'world class' passer of the ball.

2. Bob Malcolm has never been a regular for Rangers (he has never played in more than half our league games in a season - those who do I'd consider regulars).

3. Bob Malcolm could accurately be described as average.

4. Conversely Bob Malcolm has been unfairly described as p!sh.

5. Bob Malcolm is a reasonable squad player capable of deputising for others when required.

6. Bob Malcolm is not as good as Brahim Hemdani.

7. Bob Malcolm is slow, immobile and has a discipline problem.

8. Bob Malcolm should be remembered fondly by the Rangers support.

Now, where am I 'clearly wrong' as you have kept saying?

Can I field this one? Numbers 4 and 8!!

:craphead:

Forums are great!! No fists, just words... :bouncy:

I bet if you two met each other in real life you'd get on a like a house on fire. How the written word can be misinterpreted at times.. :rolleyes:

They are worse than that D'Artagnan fellow and the lad Bauba... :pipegreen:

Danny really wants to be done with this, and I think we should just respect that.

Maybe if he respected other users and the rules of the forum, we'd have a bit more respect for him.

What do you think of his insults and refusal to answer fair and valid questions put to him?

Can I field this one? Numbers 4 and 8!!

:craphead:

Like I say, while I think Danny was way overboard in his praise for Malcolm, I don't think he was as bad as some would make out. And even those who did think he was less than average will treat him like the fellow Rangers fan he is...

;)

Maybe if he respected other users and the rules of the forum, we'd have a bit more respect for him.

What do you think of his insults and refusal to answer fair and valid questions put to him?

I haven't read this thread so I can't make judgements on what is in it... I just know he didn't want to continue in it.

I haven't read this thread so I can't make judgements on what is in it... I just know he didn't want to continue in it.

You are the master and should know and read everything! :pipehorse:

Let it go boys. Move on etc... Come on hop on this and we'll go for a stroll..

:pipehorse: .............. infact here's your very own:

:pipehorse: .................. infact here we are together riding off into the sunset:

:pipehorse: :pipehorse: ............................................................................ **SUNSET**

Let it go boys. Move on etc... Come on hop on this and we'll go for a stroll..

:pipehorse: .............. infact here's your very own:

:pipehorse: .................. infact here we are together riding off into the sunset:

:pipehorse: :pipehorse: ............................................................................ **SUNSET**

FUNNY!!

I have read the thread and feel that people are over-sensitive here. (Both sides).

On a strictly footballing opinion of B Malcolm I have to go with Frankie.

Nevertheless lets try and keep the arguments on thread and less personal, even if they were NOT INTENDED that way. (Both sides)

Really handbags all round, but too many of them for my liking.

Lets get real here - to get so hot under the collar about B Malcolm is AMAZING!!

Now if it was Buffel I would understand!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

JOKING!!!!!

Lets all CHILL OUT