In the cold light of day

Gooseman

Ally McCoist, Rangers legend, has to be thinking about where does he go from here. As I said yesterday I have supported him all season and now I have to ask him to do the honourable thing and step down.

We all know that the product on the Park has been woefully poor, and to be honest I hold the playing staff more at fault for this, but as manager the buck stops with him. Can he now draw a performance from this team of journeymen akin to excaliber being pulled from the stone? Some glorious all consuming performance that sweeps away a united side that used to hold no fear for us?

We'll have to wait and see, but if Ally does walk who comes in as a natural successor to the throne? Do we bring in billy davis, do we bring back eck? Or do we go back to the well for the third time and ask Walter to steady the ship and lead us for 1 season to get us back to the top division and for 1 season back at the top to rest the championship back from the great unwashed?

Ally McCoist, Rangers legend, has to be thinking about where does he go from here. As I said yesterday I have supported him all season and now I have to ask him to do the honourable thing and step down.

We all know that the product on the Park has been woefully poor, and to be honest I hold the playing staff more at fault for this, but as manager the buck stops with him. Can he now draw a performance from this team of journeymen akin to excaliber being pulled from the stone? Some glorious all consuming performance that sweeps away a united side that used to hold no fear for us?

We'll have to wait and see, but if Ally does walk who comes in as a natural successor to the throne? Do we bring in billy davis, do we bring back eck? Or do we go back to the well for the third time and ask Walter to steady the ship and lead us for 1 season to get us back to the top division and for 1 season back at the top to rest the championship back from the great unwashed?

Wrest the Premiership. (tu)

I think what our club needs is a complete restructure - I'd opt against the likes of Eck or Walter (despite being great managers) to ensure that we don't stick with the existing backroom staff and set up.

where does he leave us though? in footballing terms we are no further forward - oh we have a couple of better players than 20 months ago - but nothing has changed in terms of our style or approach to bringing through young players.

We have completely and utterly wasted the best part of two years while thowing away huge sums in the meantime and Ally has turned out to be an absolute disaster for the club.