A Must Watch

I was 8. The first World Cup I remember. Watched Scotland in the group stage in San Antonio, Ibiza back before it became a hedonistic scuzzland. Saw the final at home and, back then at least, I was rooting for Argentina. Must've been one of the few in the country doing that back then. It was a great world cup, indeed.

Looks a good vid. Watched 10 minutes and will catch it all when I have a bit more time.

Thanks for the comments guys.

It is a beautiful documentary. I have watched it many a time.

You have that great Danish team with Laudrup Snr and Elkjaer... A great West German team with Rumennigge... The great Belgian 'dark horses...' Hugo Sanchez wanting to be a hero... Three UK teams... Francescoli being the best South American player... until he was eclipsed by... well, you-know-who...

And a certain wee ginger guy who was unable to jump the hoardings.

The best world cup ever. I hope we can get a better one this year but I doubt it. Maradona was allowed to be kicked about the park. Free-kicks these days are given with no contact whatsoever. I hate the no-contact foul.

And Messi turning one man and curling one in can never be compared to running half the length of the pitch... or beating a full defence and scooping one over the keeper.

In fact, Gazza doing 8-in-a-row is the closest thing I have seen to the brilliance of Maradona. Both times I shed tears of joy.

Franscescoli, Rumennigge, Laudrup, Elkjaer, Jesper Olsen, Morten Olsen, Hugo Sanchez, Platini, Socrates, Zico, Falcao, Josimar, Careca, Romerito, Bergomi, Baresi, Tardelli, Vialli, Strachan, Cooper, Blokhin, Belanov, Giresse, Papin, Butragueno, Matthaus, Augenthaler, Thon, Buchwald, Magath, Voeller, Littbarski, Briegel, Brehme, Forster, Herget, Boniek, Diego Armando Maradona... etc...

:drool:

Watched this one before. Those camera shots behind the goals are class.

The one for the 82 World Cup's a belter too. If you watch that one you might like a documentary on Youtube called The Boys From Maybole. About a squad of guys that take a double decker down to Spain for the tournament, worth a peek.