Who will win the English league?

Man City for me, chelsea have a tendency to not perform in the big games

:lol:

Against the other three teams in the top four they took 16 points out of a possible 18 last season by winning five and drawing one.

They scored thirteen goals in those six games and conceded just two as well.

But aye tendency not to perform in big games :lol:(tu)

I have a sneaking suspicion that Manchester United will win the title. After last season's debacle, I think many teams will underestimate them, which is a dangerous thing.

I can't see it unless they bring in 2 centre halfs

Smalling & jones are mid table players

I have a sneaking suspicion that Manchester United will win the title. After last season's debacle, I think many teams will underestimate them, which is a dangerous thing.

If they bring in a quality CB and avoid injuries then maybe. They'll need RVP to be firing on all cylinders again though like he was in the 12-13 season (tu)

Manchester United do not yet have the players to win the league again. I also suspect that not many top players will be moving this year, and would choose others before Man Untd, and Van Gall will not be able to sign any of the players he would need or like to make a challenge. Can see it being a topsy turvy season for them, with Rooney causing more problems than solutions and a few bad results could push them below 5th or 6th this year. I expect Van Persie to be frustrated this year by poor support and could also return to his injury prone ways.

Chelsea have the makings of a wonderful team, for fuxache they've just bought Fabregas as a make weight to the squad !

I can see them not only winning the Premier League, but also doing very well in Europe.

Man City already getting in to the habit of winning things, reasonably settled team with last seasons experience holding them in good stead. Maybe a few changes, a decent goalkeeper ? Toure would be hard to replace if he goes, but if he stays they'll do well.

Definite top two.

Arsenal will continue to play great football but still short of two world class players they need to compete with Man City and Chelsea. 3d place.

Expect Liverpool to do well in cups, shortish run in Europe, reasonable in League 4th or 5th, won't make top three.

The best of rest will be outside the top four.

After Ferguson left the fear of Man Untd at Old Trafford subsided and their credibility was totally blown last season. Think it'll be a case of teams now realising they are vulnerable and will challenge them more rather than underestimate them.

We'l no longer see the days of teams turning up at Old Trafford hoping to keep the score down. Defence slightly dodgy, but can see more teams steamrolling through their midfield which looks very lightweight this season putting more pressure on those defenders.

After Ferguson left the fear of Man Untd at Old Trafford subsided and their credibility was totally blown last season. Think it'll be a case of teams now realising they are vulnerable and will challenge them more rather than underestimate them.

We'l no longer see the days of teams turning up at Old Trafford hoping to keep the score down. Defence slightly dodgy, but can see more teams steamrolling through their midfield which looks very lightweight this season putting more pressure on those defenders.

I think that'll be true of most teams in the bottom half of the league, but I think the top 5 will be complacent, seeing as they resoundingly beat United the previous season. United could probably beat most of the confident lower half teams in spite of their confidence, and if the bigger teams get too cocky about themselves, United could certainly surprise them.