Preparation for this season...

graeme_4

McCulloch will play most games in the centre of midfield and MacLeod will be shifted about to accommodate this.

macleod will be lucky to play if jig is in the middle, as law and black will play every single game going

our preparation has been awful to say the least, playing on substandard pitches and with styles and formations we are terrible at

I say this with the qualification that I haven't seen any of the pre-season friendlies so I don't know how bad they were but surely the point in friendlies is to experiment with tactics and players to see how they get on, as opposed to having to win them.

Is this a case of the usual Rangers support having no patience?

100%.

The friendlies served their purpose well, imo. I saw all the games and attended the Sacramento one. The team got fitter and sharper and you can see the direction they're going. It looks good. As the season progresses I'm sure we'll see how useful the friendlies have been. But no matter what, there are still the whiners who can't stop themselves.

macleod will be lucky to play if jig is in the middle, as law and black will play every single game going

our preparation has been awful to say the least, playing on substandard pitches and with styles and formations we are terrible at

Macleod will play every game, so will Jig probably. Macleod is getting better all the time. Law and Black have been pretty good, no reason to not play them. Our preparation has been good, they've been improving every game. Just can't help yourself having a whine, can you?

Macleod will play every game, so will Jig probably. Macleod is getting better all the time. Law and Black have been pretty good, no reason to not play them. Our preparation has been good, they've been improving every game. Just can't help yourself having a whine, can you?

bravo, sir

it is normally quite unusual for a poster, and his avatar, to match so seamlessly

so jig, black, law and macleod will play everygame, so where does aird, peralta, hutton and his new one year deal, templeton and mckay all fit in

infact with our 4 man midfield we wont have any width if they 4 you mentioned all play, macleod left, jig and black centre and law on the right :anguish:

so jig, black, law and macleod will play everygame, so where does aird, peralta, hutton and his new one year deal, templeton and mckay all fit in

infact with our 4 man midfield we wont have any width if they 4 you mentioned all play, macleod left, jig and black centre and law on the right :anguish:

Squad needs depth.

we will be playing against hibs before.... the boos that ring round the stadia, that Tuesday, may be the only reason that your proposition isn't realised

If 5-4-1 is played against Hibs then I expect Ally to hear at the end of the match our reaction to that meaning there should be a change for the Hearts game.

I think that the ‘USA tour’ has been a bit of an embarrassment in all honesty – it does us no favours in terms of ‘brand building’ when we are struggling to beat college level teams and playing on brutal playing surfaces.

Thats not entirely accurate. The last team Rangers played, Ottowa Fury, is a NASL professional team. Ottowa beat our local team, Indy 11, at home recently so it was especially sweet for me to see my first team beat them on their home ground.

I moved over here from Glasgow 8 years ago and it's been great to see the popularity of football growing. Last year we went to see Chelsea V Inter at the local NFL stadium and I was pleasantly surprised to be sitting with 42,000 American Chelsea supporters. The atmosphere on the streets after the game was electric. Our new team here ( http://www.indyeleven.com/home ) in Indiana has had sellout attendances in excess of 10,000 at every home game and the whole city went wild over the recent world cup campaign with big screen street parties and pubs bursting to the seams. Theres also a Rangers soccer school permanently based here http://www.rangerspfc.com/default.aspx Guess who their heros are?

So don't knock Rangers evangelistic efforts. No one here thought any less of our team for giving young players a chance to share the field with Scotlands finest football team. Everyone here knew of the difficulties Rangers has faced in recent years and they were honoured to be graced with the presence of the Bears. Rangers has made a huge impression here and the brand is not damaged in any way.

Oh and on a closing note, we had Beasley visit our stadium last Saturday after his World cup tour with the USA. The whole place went mental screaming his name. It was a heart stopping moment for me when he looked up into the stand where I was wearing my Rangers top in his honour. As he waved I remembered his words when he was intervied when he returned to Murray park for a training session " I will always be a Rangers fan, always be a Rangers man"

Maybe we dont need width. McCoist might be planning in playing a narrow game, flood the center of the pitch, plenty of managers do it successfully.