Certain viewpoints missing after last night

I notice certain viewpoints seen often during pre season were missing after last nights game

This isnt a gloating thread, im actually curious and will gladly debate with them

What did they think if last night, especially the decisions made pre and during tge game by ally

Some of us with those viewpoints simply cannot be bothered continually having the same arguments over and over and over again.

Before the game started, I noticed a lot on here liked the team and formation, everyone was apparently being played in their own position, etc. that has now turned into slating the set up because the performance dipped after a good start.

When the manager changed it, and brought on Templeton for McGregor, it turned the game, which he deserves credit for.

The goals were both very good finishes and we did get a win. Overall the performance level still has a long way to go, when the rest of the team work out how easy Miller is going to make it for them to get an out ball, we will start to coast. And if they learned from him about off the ball movement then we would very quickly get into a different place.

Some of us with those viewpoints simply cannot be bothered continually having the same arguments over and over and over again.

Before the game started, I noticed a lot on here liked the team and formation, everyone was apparently being played in their own position, etc. that has now turned into slating the set up because the performance dipped after a good start.

When the manager changed it, and brought on Templeton for McGregor, it turned the game, which he deserves credit for.

The goals were both very good finishes and we did get a win. Overall the performance level still has a long way to go, when the rest of the team work out how easy Miller is going to make it for them to get an out ball, we will start to coast. And if they learned from him about off the ball movement then we would very quickly get into a different place.

Agree with you. people are acting as if we lost and mccoist should go etc. McCoist gave us the team and formation we wanted and even made the subs we desired, we won the game but thats not enough for some....

Agree with you. people are acting as if we lost and mccoist should go etc. McCoist gave us the team and formation we wanted and even made the subs we desired, we won the game but thats not enough for some....

The 3-5-2 only works with pace up top and pace with the sweeper

I'm not sure who would win a sprint between Jig & Boyd but my money is on the tortoise

How many 1on1's with the keeper did Hibs have which they should have buried?

Is this another Ally bashing thread? Oh good, just what we need after being dumped out the cup by Hibs!

He started with a 3-5-2 formation, which shocked me, since he had 2 full backs playing out wide, but then he took off McGregor, & we reverted back to a 4-4-2, which was easier on the eye.

Wait a minute, didn't we win last night?

Is this another Ally bashing thread? Oh good, just what we need after being dumped out the cup by Hibs!

He started with a 3-5-2 formation, which shocked me, since he had 2 full backs playing out wide, but then he took off McGregor, & we reverted back to a 4-4-2, which was easier on the eye.

Wait a minute, didn't we win last night?

Don't really need to add anything else.

We won the game - and that is what we all wanted - but I also wanted to be entertained. I want to be entertained every time I watch Rangers even if, on occasions, we lose out.

Until we introduced Temps we were difficult to watch - dire, in fact. Poor in every department, we created nothing throughout the game, were clueless at the back and nonexistant in midfield and our strikers got nothing by way of meaningful service. Our football was disorganised, disjointed, aimless and totally uninspiring.

Truth is Hibs were the better side overall and were reasonably comfortable throughout. Had they had a decent finisher we would have been dead and gone. Much as I hate to say it, they deserved at least a draw and, perhaps, the win.

We are a poor side playing unattractive football with absolutely no method or tactics, led by a man (and his clueless coaching team) who has really no idea what he's doing. Temps brought the game to life and, apart from him, no one deserves any credit whatsoever.

If Ally's genuinely pleased with that display, then God help us all - it was piss poor - almost unwatchable at times. We can't even do the basics properly!

I have come to the end of my tether with Ally and his inane self justifications.

We won the game - and that is what we all wanted - but I also wanted to be entertained. I want to be entertained every time I watch Rangers even if, on occasions, we lose out.

Until we introduced Temps we were difficult to watch - dire, in fact. Poor in every department, we created nothing throughout the game, were clueless at the back and nonexistant in midfield and our strikers got nothing by way of meaningful service. Our football was disorganised, disjointed, aimless and totally uninspiring.

Truth is Hibs were the better side overall and were reasonably comfortable throughout. Had they had a decent finisher we would have been dead and gone. Much as I hate to say it, they deserved at least a draw and, perhaps, the win.

We are a poor side playing unattractive football with absolutely no method or tactics, led by a man (and his clueless coaching team) who has really no idea what he's doing. Temps brought the game to life and, apart from him, no one deserves any credit whatsoever.

If Ally's genuinely pleased with that display, then God help us all - it was piss poor - almost unwatchable at times. We can't even do the basics properly!

I have come to the end of my tether with Ally and his inane self justifications.

Agree 100% with every word

Thought MacLeod and Wallace played well.

Disappointed the shape of the team was chosen to fit in McCulloch.

The defence generally were a bomb scare.

Boyd didn't look fit.

Law excellent finish aside still didn't do enough, neither did Black.

We didn't control possession like we should, we didn't pass the ball particularly well.

We didn't press Hibs high enough up the park when they were in possession.

Templeton changed the game, he'll start on Sun won't kick a ball and be sub again the following week.

It was god awful to watch.

I was actually disappointed there was another half an hour to endure.

Apart from that it was fine.

Rather than grind out victories I'd rather we just went with Templeton on one side McKay or Aird on the other and try and play with some pace. That is of course until the first game we lose then I'll be apoplectic with rage ;)

After an energetic first 8 minutes it became obvious to me that the 3-5-2 was not going to work; midfield disappeared apart from McLeod, Wallace got no support when going forward and even less when they attacked. They found it easy to slip the ball between our central defenders who were all over the place and yes they were so bad that they could not take advantage.Upfront Miller and Boyd were reasonably isolated and 4 years off the pace.

It took their goal to force the tactical change which at last created threats to their defence and brought more stability to our play.

What was clear last night we dont look comfortable in a 5 - 3 -2 and Jig is the weak link in our backline, hivs controlled the midfield, Law and Black cant play in the same team together but on a plus when we reverted to a 4 -4-2 and brought on Temps we looked more of a threat. I dont know the stats of the game but overall it pains me to say hivs were the better side, they have more positives to take from this game than us, so for me its a new season same old shit and McCoist i am well and truly done with him now, he needs to step down.

Thought Wallace was terrible last night, obv still early in season but looked well off the pace, also seemed to think he could just waltz past players like he's been doing the last couple of seasons, and it's not going to happen at this level.

I agree to an extent but I applaud him for attempting to take on the man and go past him.

Thought Wallace was terrible last night, obv still early in season but looked well off the pace, also seemed to think he could just waltz past players like he's been doing the last couple of seasons, and it's not going to happen at this level.

for me Wallaces display set some real alarm bells ringing - he couldn't get past anybody - guys were catching him easily and he really needs to sharpen up.

He has been good the last few seasons, but I think he is over rated personally and needs to step it up if that performance last night is anything to go by.

Hi All, Not been on here for two weeks due to being in hospital ill, i couldnt go last night unfortunatley but i thought i would pop back on here and see wots changed, especially with the Ally out brigade and yes as expected JimbeamJr nothing has changed :power_of_anguish:

While he probably could have done it sooner, by most accounts the change of formation and sub that Ally made, changed the shape of the match, and resulted in us wining the game.

which certain viewpoints are you looking for? certain posters viewpoints, or certain viewpoints that have been posted. Your OP is a bit vague :P