Tomorrow time to unite

islandblue

Would like to think tomorrow we put divisions apart and remember we all support the greatest club in the world and are proud of our heritage and those who defend it. We know tihe Mhedia will put as negative a spin on things but feck them show the Forces the respect we all feel they are duo. Respect and love of our country has always been part of our Club .Somethings should never change

Well, we always get a good sing song when the troops come on the park at halftime...

Sure. Looking forward to it. I don't think it's a great idea to take the attention from the troops or to give anyone the opportunity to develop more bad press by singing any controversial songs. They don't need much encouragement. So, lets make this about the troops, not about us getting to do what we want, that's all I'm saying.

Sure. Looking forward to it. I don't think it's a great idea to take the attention from the troops or to give anyone the opportunity to develop more bad press by singing any controversial songs. They don't need much encouragement. So, lets make this about the troops, not about us getting to do what we want, that's all I'm saying.

Let's face it, no matter what we do, the mhedia will slate us anyway. Last year there was no sectarian singing whatsoever, yet it was everywhere saying that there was. We can't win, so fuck it, I don't even care what they say anymore.

Let's face it, no matter what we do, the mhedia will slate us anyway. Last year there was no sectarian singing whatsoever, yet it was everywhere saying that there was. We can't win, so fuck it, I don't even care what they say anymore.

Come on mate. That particular day has passed without media criticism on plenty of occasions. We know pretty much what songs will and won't be made issue with. If we sing those it's pretty self-indulgent on that particular day. It makes it more about us than the soldiers. It makes it pretty selfish. We don't want to give anyone any opportunity to put pressure on the armed forces to stop their personnel going to the celebrations.

Come on mate. That particular day has passed without media criticism on plenty of occasions. We know pretty much what songs will and won't be made issue with. If we sing those it's pretty self-indulgent on that particular day. It makes it more about us than the soldiers. It makes it pretty selfish. We don't want to give anyone any opportunity to put pressure on the armed forces to stop their personnel going to the celebrations.

What about last year? There was no sectarian singing and we still got criticism...

What about last year? There was no sectarian singing and we still got criticism...

There were things that could be considered contentious. Things we know will be picked up on and things that definitely gave people that wanted to the chance to make a mountain out of a molehill. I don't care so much any other day, but on that day we should do our best to make sure it's about the Armed Forces and not about us. What the press then do is up to them. But if we really appreciate the Armed Forces we need to do our best. This is a day for them, not for us to take advantage of them by singing stuff like TBB.

There were things that were could be considered contentious. Things we know will be picked up on and things that definitely gave people that wanted to the chance to make a mountain out of a molehill. I don't care so much any other day, but on that day we should do our best to make sure it's about the Armed Forces and not about us. What the press then do is up to them. But if we really appreciate the Armed Forces we need to do our best. This is a day for them, not for us to take advantage of them by singing stuff like TBB.

If that's the case then I really don't know what songs will be acceptable and what songs won't.

If that's the case then I really don't know what songs will be acceptable and what songs won't.

I disagree. I think you're brighter than that. I'm sure you could think of some.

Fathers advice? Derrys walls? Three cheers?

Seem fine to me, apart from the UVF part which I think we should give a miss for all of the reasons I've given.

I sing RAF anyway. Good stuff. (tu)

Well, it would be a bit unfair to sing The Army and The Navy and the UVF... and leave the RAF thinking 'well what the fuck about us?'