Weiss Tweet- I Want To Play For Rangers Again

JamieG54

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are in for a pretty rough reality check in the coming months.

I really can't believe what I'm reading in here.

Do people actually know what's going on at our club? It was only 2 weeks ago staff were cut because our outgoings were FAR too large. Now we are supposed to bring in more players like Weiss next month?

I can't help but think that's fantasy.

I really can't believe what I'm reading in here.

Do people actually know what's going on at our club? It was only 2 weeks ago staff were cut because our outgoings were FAR too large. Now we are supposed to bring in more players like Weiss next month?

I can't help but think that's fantasy.

(tu)

Theres talk of us not making it to the end of the season.

Do people really think that A) We're going to pay Weiss the 20-30k a week hes on or B)hes really going to take a 90% wage cut to play in one of the worst leagues in the world?

This whole Mike Ashley scenario has sent some to la la land. Yes he is a rich rich man, but its yet to be seen how much hes going to put in to Rangers. Folk think just because hes there in the background we can forget all the problems we have.

There is no way we should be signing anyone in January, we should be getting rid of the deadwood, we have something like 54 players in our squad plus 6 or 7 on loan. We're bleeding money. We are getting crowds of 14,000. There are serious issues that need to be sorted before we think of signing anyone let alone Vladimir Weiss for christ sake.

He'll maybe come back in 5 or 6 years when hes at the end of his career.

Players come to Ibrox, theyre decent players, but because theyre playing for us in a shite league they look like superstars, their celebrities in Scotland, the fans love them and cheer their name, then an offer comes in from a championship or mid table EPL side or some team in Europe. The player is still as good, but hes surrounded by players just as good as him. Hes a good squad player, but is no longer a star when hes playing against Man U and Chelsea against superstars. Hes not as famous as he was, some are relatively unknown outside their new town, some of which are nowhere near as big as Glasgow. So they go on twitter and seek praise from the Rangers fans who still love them, and say things like "im Rangers till I die" and "Fuck celtic" so the Rangers fans on twitter will call him a legend. And the player thinks "id love to go back their and be treated like a hero again......after ive made my millions of course"

Thats the fact of the matter, with Weiss and others. I dont blame him. Whos really going to take 3k a week instead of 23k? He may have a place in his heart for Rangers but no way is he going to be playing for us in the next five years unless there is some multi billion quid investment into Scottish Football.

I dont know where people get this idea that its actually going to happen, whens it happened before? Ever? The only player I can think whos every really tried to come back to us for less money is Daniel Cousin ffs and that says it all.

(tu)

Theres talk of us not making it to the end of the season.

Do people really think that A) We're going to pay Weiss the 20-30k a week hes on or B)hes really going to take a 90% wage cut to play in one of the worst leagues in the world?

This whole Mike Ashley scenario has sent some to la la land. Yes he is a rich rich man, but its yet to be seen how much hes going to put in to Rangers. Folk think just because hes there in the background we can forget all the problems we have.

There is no way we should be signing anyone in January, we should be getting rid of the deadwood, we have something like 54 players in our squad plus 6 or 7 on loan. We're bleeding money. We are getting crowds of 14,000. There are serious issues that need to be sorted before we think of signing anyone let alone Vladimir Weiss for christ sake.

He'll maybe come back in 5 or 6 years when hes at the end of his career.

Players come to Ibrox, theyre decent players, but because theyre playing for us in a shite league they look like superstars, their celebrities in Scotland, the fans love them and cheer their name, then an offer comes in from a championship or mid table EPL side or some team in Europe. The player is still as good, but hes surrounded by players just as good as him. Hes a good squad player, but is no longer a star when hes playing against Man U and Chelsea against superstars. Hes not as famous as he was, some are relatively unknown outside their new town, some of which are nowhere near as big as Glasgow. So they go on twitter and seek praise from the Rangers fans who still love them, and say things like "im Rangers till I die" and "Fuck celtic" so the Rangers fans on twitter will call him a legend. And the player thinks "id love to go back their and be treated like a hero again......after ive made my millions of course"

Thats the fact of the matter, with Weiss and others. I dont blame him. Whos really going to take 3k a week instead of 23k? He may have a place in his heart for Rangers but no way is he going to be playing for us in the next five years unless there is some multi billion quid investment into Scottish Football.

I dont know where people get this idea that its actually going to happen, whens it happened before? Ever? The only player I can think whos every really tried to come back to us for less money is Daniel Cousin ffs and that says it all.

Great post

That's up to you but I disagree. We're playing for 4 cups, we need players to cover the fudge factor. The value of the team has grown http://www.transferm...saison_id/2014. The buying and selling process can now come into play.

For the past 3 years that process has been built up from ground zero. The players we have do have a value, they are an investment, whether monetary or as a player for the club. Players should be bought and sold for the benefit of strengthening our team and improving the clubs image for developing players. This is where Weiss could fit in as a player/mentor, by helping to strengthening the squads RB and helping to develop the youth who play that position. http://www.transferm...l/spieler/92701 Cutting back on staff costs in other areas will come as contracts run out and new contracts are agreed.

You trust a site which says Mr McCoist's nationality is "Scottland"?

I hope there aren't similar people on twitter that are actually contacting Weiss trying to lay out these terms to him.

'If you're such a big fan Vladimir, then you should breach your current contract and come play for us for 5k a week.'

What am I talking about ? Of course that's already happened. Could just imagine the look on the poor guys face, after trying to make a friendly gesture he's being dictated the terms of a contract pulled out of the arse of some Sons of Struth alky on social media.

You are missing the point, he is miles ahead of any talent we have just now. To say you wouldn't want him back is just stupid.

I didn't say he wasn't talented and that i wouldn't have him back, just not for the ludicrous 15-20K sums being touted on this thread.

I also doubted his on-field commitment and consistency (how many full games did he play for us?) and am also not convinced by his rather checkered career so far i.e what player with any real footballing ambition goes to the Qatari league? Answer: one who wants tax free wages.

I didn't say he wasn't talented and that i wouldn't have him back, just not for the ludicrous 15-20K sums being touted on thIs thread. I also doubted his on-field commitment and consistency (how many full games did he play for us?) and am also not convinced by his rather checkered career so far i.e what player with any real footballing ambition goes to the Qatari league? Answer: one who wants tax free wages.

I wouldn't worry about that.

The days of us having anyone on 15-20k a week are pretty much over imo.