Xbox One/sky Box/suround Sound ?

jackunion

Has anybody set up the xbox one to use the tv feature without having to unplug hdmi cables etc everytime you wanna change over ?

I'm also losing my surround sound,

The tv feature so far seems like a total inconvenience if you wanna use it

Got a 1 input / 2 output hd Splitter off of amazon. Was an esync box.

You put the sky output into the esync box input, and then take the two esync outputs to your tv and xbox.

As the xbox gives you stuttering frames on the tv, I've been told you can set the xbox to output at 50hz.

So in theory when switching from games to tv screen within the xbox itself, you should get a decent picture and when the xbox is off, you will get your pure sky signal.

Still to prove it works though all reviews are positive.

If you come straight out the xbox to tv, there is a judder. Due to Xbox being native 60hz and tv being 50hz.

There is an alternative to alter the xbox settings to output at 50hz but it is at 1080i not 1080p.

Also believe this setting defaults to stereo out.

I put the splitter in and the judder is gone when just using tv.

Gets the choice to have the tv snapped to Xbox but gives me the pure sky signal when box not in use.

By the way I am no expert, only had it couple of weeks and don't use it much.

If you come straight out the xbox to tv, there is a judder. Due to Xbox being native 60hz and tv being 50hz.

There is an alternative to alter the xbox settings to output at 50hz but it is at 1080i not 1080p.

Also believe this setting defaults to stereo out.

I put the splitter in and the judder is gone when just using tv.

Gets the choice to have the tv snapped to Xbox but gives me the pure sky signal when box not in use.

By the way I am no expert, only had it couple of weeks and don't use it much.

Pointless having any TV signal at 1080p if you look at your Skybox or Virgin it's set to 1080i as all HD channels are 1080i and all TV in the UK runs at 50HZ

• 3 weeks later...

My tv runs on 50 hertz with no problem, I had to change the settings in the blu ray player thou as that was juddering.

Also got the media remote to switch from Sky hd to xbox, used two van den hul ultimate cables, the picture was nowhere near as good as I first thought and after 2 weeks i gave up And starting only using one hdmi.

Nothing has changed for me since the 360, I still unplug the xbox and put sky hd on by itself.

Great move by Microsoft, but not for me.