Gary Stevens

vernefc

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O I forgot about arteta,left us on transfer deadline day and arsenal greed showed in the end

Here mate - brainwave!

You should phone up (or Skype) RangersChat.com on Monday night. They'd be delighted to talk to you about your petition and about Gary Stevens. They're good, friendly folk, who have hundreds of listeners who would be sure to sign your petition.

Send them an email, I'm sure they'll reply, and get you on the show to get your message out. I think the email is: fox@rangerschat.com or admin@rangerschat.com

(There's no point me giving you Ian's email - he's more likely checking the obituaries than his emails! :P )

If not, just go to their site, and if they're on air (9pm-11pm mon to fri, I think?), simply phone them on 0141 356 1872 and say hello.

(They'll also no doubt read this post anyway - so will now be expecting you. )

Thanks I've dropped them a message via the site,I did reg an account to post but can't seem to be able to post on there forum

Here mate - brainwave!

You should phone up (or Skype) RangersChat.com on Monday night. They'd be delighted to talk to you about your petition and about Gary Stevens. They're good, friendly folk, who have hundreds of listeners who would be sure to sign your petition.

Send them an email, I'm sure they'll reply, and get you on the show to get your message out. I think the email is: fox@rangerschat.com or admin@rangerschat.com

(There's no point me giving you Ian's email - he's more likely checking the obituaries than his emails! :P )

If not, just go to their site, and if they're on air (9pm-11pm mon to fri, I think?), simply phone them on 0141 356 1872 and say hello.

(They'll also no doubt read this post anyway - so will now be expecting you. )

Going back to old Rangers players Steven Naismith is another done well for us,watching Derby game yesturday he was winding Henderson up was he like that at Rangers

Persona non grata up here, I'm afraid, mate.

Naismith = prick.

God. I hate those kinds of people that douse any attempts to improve the community or create art or any of those kinds of things with pothole arguments.

There should be room for both community projects and potholes! It's not an either or. It'd be a right boring world if potholes were all we spent money on!

What's he done, indeed. Tell them about '91 in the last game of the season when he held our defence together when all of our other defenders were injured, helping us to beat Aberdeen and win the title against the odds!! ;):D

What's he done, indeed. :rolleyes:

north west evening mail Facebook and Twitter, if you want to contact / bombard them with reasons why they should run with the story

First all thank you to the admin on approving my request to join,I hope this post is ok.

hi thanks for looking at this thread,I'm looking for my Rangers supporters to help me out by signing a petition.

I live in Cumbria and fellow Everton/Rangers legend Gary Stevens was born and brought up in Barrow In Furness,the town currently have statuses installed for former Barrow born footballer Hmlyn Hughes and Rugby player Willie Horne.Yet there is nothing regarding Gary Stevens,Gary was born and brought up in Barrow playing in the local junior football league before been scouted to play for Everton.Gary achived just as much as Emlyn did and I feel the town needs to honour this to show the kids of the town what they can achive.

So I'm asking the Rangers family to help me out and sign the petition to get Gary recognised in the town like Horne and Hughes have been.So I'm begging you to sign and show your support and can admins please get this out there via there social media sites,I need a lot of help to try and get this sorted for a true Everton/Rangers legend.

https://www.change.org/p/barrow-in-furness-council-to-recognise-the-achievements-of-barrow-born-footballer-gary-stevens?just_created=true

What about Richard Davies the former Falmouth Town legend? He was from Barrow. ;) Good shout though...Gary Stephens was a marvelous player. Certainly better than Emlyn Hughes. Will sign.

Yeah I got that email too.

It's actually very interesting reading. :D

For example, did you know that the Government taxes sanitary products but not crocodile steaks! :matron:

But anyway, back on topic...

A good wee surge sees the petition now needing only 315 signatures to progress to the next stage. (tu)

Hopefully some other Rangers sites will pick up on it too and help get it over the line.

https://www.change.org/p/barrow-in-furness-council-to-recognise-the-achievements-of-barrow-born-footballer-gary-stevens