Lalic Mody

BearJohn

Lalit modi trying to buy 26% shareholding in us. In discussions with the board.

Former chairman of indian cricket premier league.

Just on sky sports

Looks like another crook going by his lifetime ban from cricket.

"Glasgow Rangers FC is an institution in itself given the history and lineage of the club," Modi told BBC Scotland.

"Yes I am looking at acquiring a stake in this Scottish institution as I think the club is seriously undervalued."

It is believed a price has already been discussed for the stake Easdale controls and a meeting could take place as early as next week.

Modi's statement continued: "Glasgow Rangers have a fabulous fan base, a solid home and heritage that dates back over 100 years, all of which make for great long-term value.

"I have thus initiated talks with a couple of shareholders to understand the situation on ground and am keen that these discussions lead to fruition.

"Having said that these discussions are still at a very preliminary stage."

Is he no barred from Indian cricket? ??

Former IPL chief Lalit Modi has been given a lifetime ban by the Indian cricket board after being found guilty of "misconduct and indiscipline" in running the cash-rich tournament.

The BCCI reacted after a disciplinary committee report concluded that he was responsible for irregularities in various financial and administrative matters of the IPL, including rigged bids during the franchise auction in 2010, bullying franchises and selling media and internet rights without proper authorization.

A BCCI statement read: "Lalit Modi is guilty of committing acts of serious misconduct and indiscipline ... Mr. Lalit Modi is hereby expelled from the BCCI. He shall forfeit all his rights and privileges as administrator.

"He shall not in future be entitled to hold any position or office, or be admitted in any committee or any member or associate member of the board."

Modi, who is based in London, was instrumental in putting together the cash-rich IPL in 2008, but was removed from the posts of BCCI vice president and IPL commissioner three years ago. He has denied all allegations.