Ibrox Refurbishment.

WATBB

From the Rebel front page.

A RANGERS fan who offered to raise an army of free workers to spruce up Ibrox for free is at the centre of a racism storm.

Allan Woods, 62, was hailed a hero earlier this week after being instrumental in mobilising more than 50 tradesmen to do repairs at theneglected stadium for free.

But Woods became the latest prominent fan to get embroiled in an ugly controversy over comments on social media after posts on his Facebook profile called for the “ethnic cleansing” of Muslims.

Woods joined Chris Graham, the newly appointed fans’ representative on the Rangers board, in a racism storm. Graham is alleged to have sent an obscene image depicting the prophet Mohammed in a homosexual act on the day of the Charlie Hebdo murders.

One post on Glaswegian Woods’ Facebook, from October last year, warned: “Civil War is coming. Everyone I know has had enough of Muslims and ethnic cleansing is fast becoming the only solution.”

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Everyone I know has had enough of Muslims and ethnic cleansing is fast becoming the only solution.”

FFS. I know most fans are good people. How come all the high-profile bears seem to be fascist loons?

unfortunately it is..

In that case, the guy's a moron. End of his involvement in this, then.

At this rate we might as well pay for taxis for all Muslims to go to sellic park and pay their money into their coffers.

I despair at some people, I really do.

In that case, the guy's a moron. End of his involvement in this, then.

At this rate we might as well pay for taxis for all Muslims to go to sellic park and pay their money into their coffers.

I despair at some people, I really do.

You'd need to be a moron to hold those opinions. You'd need to be a really special kind of moron to post them on facebook.

It's being taken over by someone else now he started the groundwork. He had been warned to keep his thoughts to himself.

Himself, like Chris Graham have been very silly.

Unfortunately there will be a lot of people like himself. Never thinking of consequences when placing yourself in the limelight.

From the Rebel front page.

A RANGERS fan who offered to raise an army of free workers to spruce up Ibrox for free is at the centre of a racism storm.

Allan Woods, 62, was hailed a hero earlier this week after being instrumental in mobilising more than 50 tradesmen to do repairs at theneglected stadium for free.

But Woods became the latest prominent fan to get embroiled in an ugly controversy over comments on social media after posts on his Facebook profile called for the “ethnic cleansing” of Muslims.

Woods joined Chris Graham, the newly appointed fans’ representative on the Rangers board, in a racism storm. Graham is alleged to have sent an obscene image depicting the prophet Mohammed in a homosexual act on the day of the Charlie Hebdo murders.

One post on Glaswegian Woods’ Facebook, from October last year, warned: “Civil War is coming. Everyone I know has had enough of Muslims and ethnic cleansing is fast becoming the only solution.”

Is this for real?

Surely nobody in this enlightened day and age believes in any sort of ethnic cleansing.

It's being taken over by someone else now he started the groundwork. He had been warned to keep his thoughts to himself.

Unfortunately there will be a lot of people like himself. Never thinking of consequences when placing yourself in the limelight.

There will be a lot of people never placing themselves in the limelight as well.

Could we not just ask for a volunteer Centre Half and a Striker if we are determined to go down the poverty stricken road with this kind of Begging for a once great club???

Are you really determined to behave that childish?

You're actually ashamed of bears offering their trade to refurbish the club? It would help their own businesses as well as putting their own graft into our great club.

It was never once a great club....it STILL is. She just lost her way for a while.

There will be a lot of people never placing themselves in the limelight as well.

I don't think Allan put much thought to placing himself in the limelight as much as just wanting to do something worthwhile.

But sure, this kind of attitude to "cleansing" or racism from any person is not acceptable.

In this day and age, we should all be minding our thoughts and showing a more diplomatic approach to how we feel - especially more so on public media...

Far be it from me to defend this wanker, but anyone whose sensitivities were touched by him sending a cartoon of mohammed should surrender their critical faculties and fuck off. Please don't tell me football is being encroached on by this theocratic nonsense. Not now.

Far be it from me to defend this wanker, but anyone whose sensitivities were touched by him sending a cartoon of mohammed should surrender their critical faculties and fuck off. Please don't tell me football is being encroached on by this theocratic nonsense. Not now.

I think you can see from the media attention, it is.

The thing is, the Muslim community are already sensitive due to what is going on with the extremists so it is easy to see why they would get upset over something like this.

We get angered by anything that reports us in a bad light yet to others, we are being ridiculous for doing something about it.

Same will apply to everyone else.

Sometimes it's a true saying, if you have nothing nice to say...blah blah blah.

I think you can see from the media attention, it is.

The thing is, the Muslim community are already sensitive due to what is going on with the extremists so it is easy to see why they would get upset over something like this.

We get angered by anything that reports us in a bad light yet to others, we are being ridiculous for doing something about it.

Same will apply to everyone else.

Sometimes it's a true saying, if you have nothing nice to say...blah blah blah.

Aren't we all sensitive about what's going on with 'extremists' ? The only difference is the Muslim community are not pacifists. I'm glad Fury's gone but the reason for his resignation sickens me. As we've seen before, this may not be the end of the matter.

Aren't we all sensitive about what's going on with 'extremists' ? The only difference is the Muslim community are not pacifists. I'm glad Fury's gone but the reason for his resignation sickens me. As we've seen before, this may not be the end of the matter.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

A member of my family was personal friends with one of the men ISIS beheaded so you could say I am feeling very sensitive about it.

We should think before we post though. Emotions run high then before you know it, this is what you get.

These extremists don't hold empathy for anyone in Britain. I think we all know this by now. Mocking them or their faith has had consequences. More so lately and they show that they take it very seriously.

As much as I was not a fan of CG's appointment. I wouldn't wish his family harm and I fear that if the extremists want to really get offended, this could happen.

He was right to step down.

This

Has King not got the money that he has to get every Tom Dick and Harry with a set of overalls in to do what he should be paying for?

Unprofessional and unnecessary

Skilled professionals offer to maintain Ibrox for nowt but you'd rather we paid for it ?????

Due to personal reasons (of which you may of seen in the papers) Allan Woods has stepped aside on this project, however others have stepped in and are continuing it in their place.

After a talk with John Gilligan, the board of Rangers FC are now going to discuss priorities of what needs addressed first at Ibrox and Murray Park in terms of refurbishment.

Anyone wishing to get involved in the project still can: They now have a facebook page, and anyone wishing to help, can mail them and ask for contact details etc.

https://www.facebook.com/IbroxRefurb?fref=ts