How RFC take the wind out of our sails

nvager

For the last two or three days the site has been buzzing with optimism after the Faubert story broke. Then the ET article about 10m on 5 new players . Now today reality again and we find we have offered a better bid for Naismith - More rubbish.

700k over two years. 350k now and 350 k ONE YEAR LATER plus some add ons for appearances.

This is BS in my opinion.

700K is bad enough but over TWO years. No wonder Killie told us to feck off!

Taking that into consideration can you see us getting anyone apart from Beasley?

Cuello? Faubert - yes right!, McCulloch - we WILL probably spend on him!!

This is where we leave ourselves wide open to ridicule.

I was "up" now I am way "down"

Expect nothing but crap from here on in.

SAD!!

I don't think Naismith is worth a tremendous amount more than a million anyway. I think it's slightly embarrassing, but if the club don't want to pay more than they believe a player is worth, I am coming round to supporting the notion.

Look at the Faubert thing; looks like we're gonna spend £5M on him. Because he is WORTH that. As for Beasley, we're spending £700k and getting a bargain. See how we have no problem spending that on him, but we DO when it comes to Naismith?

Tells you something, doesn't it.

It's not because we're genuinely tight, it's because we have our priorities right imo. And Naismith probably isn't a priority given the health of our forward line.

It's not because we're genuinely tight, it's because we have our priorities right imo. And Naismith probably isn't a priority given the health of our forward line.

<cr>

Think we should be in for Kenny Deuchar then!

I don't think Naismith is worth a tremendous amount more than a million anyway. I think it's slightly embarrassing, but if the club don't want to pay more than they believe a player is worth, I am coming round to supporting the notion.

Look at the Faubert thing; looks like we're gonna spend £5M on him. Because he is WORTH that. As for Beasley, we're spending £700k and getting a bargain. See how we have no problem spending that on him, but we DO when it comes to Naismith?

Gotta disagree with your and RFC's evaluation of Naismith - he is GOOD. Even if we only think he is worth say 700k to 1m then just pay it. This 50% now business looks REAL cheap IMO.

Gotta disagree with your and RFC's evaluation of Naismith - he is GOOD. Even if we only think he is worth say 700k to 1m then just pay it. This 50% now business looks REAL cheap IMO.

Furthermore we look like spending 1.5m - 2m on McCulloch!!??

Who has no resale value.

I do agree there. Hence the embarrassment factor.

Nope. Total paper talk and not a single quote from either club or any agents.

Nope. Total paper talk and not a single quote from either club or any agents.

Not true - extensive quotes from Mogadon jeffries.

Its days like this I despair about our club - we are turning into the 1980s Celtic

As I have said previously,Murray is playing a dangerous game. You cannot keep embarrassing the club and its supporters with cheapo type offers.A great club does not behave like this. Unless hes being very clever and we sign Faubert and Cuellar then the support will turn against him. I think we will sign Beasley and McCulloch and one or two lesser names and that will be it. NOT GOOD ENOUGH MR MURRAY.

i agree with danny on this,although i wouldnt say its embarrassing,we are being prudent with the cash we have to spend,walter has earmarked players and will have a valuation that he wants to get each for,i for one am very happy with that,naisy would be a good squad player for us nothing else,did anyone complain that it was only 400,000 we paid for boyd? ,naisy doesnt score as regular as boyd,hes not as natural a scorer,so wheres the sense in paying 1 million or more for a less prolific scorer than what we have already for a lot less money,keep it up walter spend the money wisely :)

Look at the Faubert thing; looks like we're gonna spend £5M on him. Because he is WORTH that.

You think he's worth over five times what Naithsmith is? Mmm...I haven't seen that much of him myself. Did you base this on their comparative ratings in Football Manager or something?

why cant we compare them? both strikers,both young,both come from kilmarnock,id have thought it pretty fair to compare them,althought theres parts of each of their games that differ from each other they are still employed by their prospective clubs to do one thing........................score goals :)

I think we have to be comparing what Sellik want to pay for a player and what we want to pay for a player. Sellik bidding 1.5 or whatever, it was is going to artificially raise the price of a players worth. If Kilie think they can blackmail us into paying over the odds for a typical young Scottish player I think they can GTF. 1.5 is not our valuation for the player, its Selliks valuation of that player.

Im not saying we havent done this in the past when we were rolling in it but Naismith is not worth 2M, no chance.

I don't know about that.

We are paying for potential, nothing more. He's done okay at Killie, but how do we know he could handle the pressure of RFC, Champions League, UEFA Cup, or Cup finals? We don't, so 50% now 50% later is sensible.

Would MUCH rather see the McCulloch cash go to Naisy though.

I don't know about that.

We are paying for potential, nothing more. He's done okay at Killie, but how do we know he could handle the pressure of RFC, Champions League, UEFA Cup, or Cup finals? We don't, so 50% now 50% later is sensible.

Point is though, the 50/50 payment thing won't be based on performance. We'd be paying the other half regardless, so its just us being skint...

I don't know about that.

Point is though, the 50/50 payment thing won't be based on performance. We'd be paying the other half regardless, so its just us being skint...

Is that certain Ex? I thought it was £700k plus add ons, which suggests it would be performance related.

Not true - extensive quotes from Mogadon jeffries.

Its days like this I despair about our club - we are turning into the 1980s Celtic

I meant about McCulloch :)

Look at the Faubert thing; looks like we're gonna spend £5M on him. Because he is WORTH that.

You think he's worth over five times what Naithsmith is?

He's 4 or 5 years older, has played in the CL, and is a first teamer for an excellent French side who remain in the CL.

So, in answer: YES!

Mmm...I haven't seen that much of him myself. Did you base this on their comparative ratings in Football Manager or something?

I don't play Football Manager :lol: