4-3-3

GOAT

I thought he goes 4-2-3-1.

Need to scour some Brentford forums. Two holding, with a playmaker ahead of them with two wingers capable of going outside or cutting inside. Lone man up top supported by the 3 in behind

In an interview one of the lads that does the Brentford fanzine suggested he playes 433 with one holding player and the rest of the midfield supporting the central striker.

GM

In an interview one of the lads that does the Brentford fanzine suggested he playes 433 with one holding player and the rest of the midfield supporting the central striker.

GM

Interesting, will look it out later.

I was kinda half hoping for two ''holding'' mids as I think Murdoch would be perfect foil for a big, athletic, ball winning CDM. Whereas if we play with one, I can't see Murdoch getting ahead of this mystery player.

Interesting nonetheless

I thought he goes 4-2-3-1.

Need to scour some Brentford forums. Two holding, with a playmaker ahead of them with two wingers capable of going outside or cutting inside. Lone man up top supported by the 3 in behind

Been to see Brentford a couple of times last season and this was exactly how he set up. Striker Gray looked like he had a decent touch, turn and a good bit pace, CAM was a young lad called Pritchard who I think might have been on loan from Spurs, also looked like a good wee player - nice touch, pass and two footed. Used opposing footed wingers, left foot on the RW and vice versa which drives them inside while the full backs bomb forward. Had a really attack minded RB who was great going forward, can't remember his name though.

Wasn't too keen on their two CM players though. One big lad just broke up play and there was another player Douglas who I never saw play well but I was told by fans I just saw an unusually bad game from him. One time I was moaning about him all game then he popped up and scored the winner. In fairness, he was off the pace but he never stopped running.

I'd take just about any of the players I've mentioned next season though.

Been to see Brentford a couple of times last season and this was exactly how he set up. Striker Gray looked like he had a decent touch, turn and a good bit pace, CAM was a young lad called Pritchard who I think might have been on loan from Spurs, also looked like a good wee player - nice touch, pass and two footed. Used opposing footed wingers, left foot on the RW and vice versa which drives them inside while the full backs bomb forward. Had a really attack minded RB who was great going forward, can't remember his name though.

Wasn't too keen on their two CM players though. One big lad just broke up play and there was another player Douglas who I never saw play well but I was told by fans I just saw an unusually bad game from him. One time I was moaning about him all game then he popped up and scored the winner. In fairness, he was off the pace but he never stopped running.

I'd take just about any of the players I've mentioned next season though.

Watched a few goals/highlights, and it appeared to me like it was 4-2-3-1, so cheers for the extra info (tu)

Interested in that Pritchard, would be surprised if he came up here, but he has stuck out with what I've seen, Along with Jona (sp) ? Think it's Jona or Jota or something like that, both are probably going to go onto better things that the Scottish Championship, but I can hope Warbs is in their ears as we speak :)

And I do like the idea of left sided wingers playing right side and vice versa, the players need to be talented, quick and tricky, but if done right, with the right front man to feed balls into, it works a treat, Bayern have been the best at this these last few years, Chelsea I've seen utilise hazard in a similar way too.

If it's either a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, both are very attacking formations, but it needs to be fluid and well worked on to get the best out of it. I expect Lee Wallace will continue as our LB, possibly Murdoch in a holding role, I genuinely believe every other position will be filled by new players. Delighted to finally see some forward thinking football being played at Ibrox.

edit - On a further note, How was Warburton on the side line? Was he out, animated trying to get them to play or was he quite subdued? I like a gaffer to be a bit of both, but I get the impression he was reasonably subdued and everything is well worked on during the week and players know what is expected. optimistic loyal :21:

I think the formation Brentford played was something like this:

Warburtonformation_zpsccmomzhu.png

You could legitimately argue that it's a 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, a 4-3-3, or some combination of the three. Good attacking formation regardless, and I'm genuinely excited about the coming season for the first time in quite a while.

Came out of the dugout to give the odd instruction but I think everyone pretty much knew their job. Certainly wasn't out kicking every ball and wasn't screaming at anyone. Seemed very professional, as you'd expect from a city trader I suppose.

There was some nice footballers there, although a few of the forwards were quite small, but worked hard and had nice footwork......basically the opposite of Jon Daly.

We may or may not pick up these exact players, but I'm hopeful he can find some value from the same sorts of places. He seems to have rustled up a few youngsters from the finges of PL clubs with big squads like Spurs and competitive youth set ups like Everton. If we can get these kinds of layers in, get them hooked on the atmosphere and offer regular European football in a couple of seasons I think we could be on to something. Hopefully he can find a route in to first team football for some Murray Park products too.

Came out of the dugout to give the odd instruction but I think everyone pretty much knew their job. Certainly wasn't out kicking every ball and wasn't screaming at anyone. Seemed very professional, as you'd expect from a city trader I suppose.

There was some nice footballers there, although a few of the forwards were quite small, but worked hard and had nice footwork......basically the opposite of Jon Daly.

We may or may not pick up these exact players, but I'm hopeful he can find some value from the same sorts of places. He seems to have rustled up a few youngsters from the finges of PL clubs with big squads like Spurs and competitive youth set ups like Everton. If we can get these kinds of layers in, get them hooked on the atmosphere and offer regular European football in a couple of seasons I think we could be on to something. Hopefully he can find a route in to first team football for some Murray Park products too.

Good to hear (tu)

Be interesting to see what happens with a few of our younger lads. Especially boys like Mckay, who I rate, and think he would fit into a 4-2-3-1 very well. Gallagher, Walsh, Murdoch etc too, I wonder if he'll bring in a few younger players with a view to sticking them in the reserves and looking to play them in a year or two, I think our youth system has been better of late, but it could do with some padding out with talented young players.

Some decent loans to be had from the likes of Spurs or Everton like you say, Davie Weir may have his ear to the ground at Everton.

I know Davie Weir is very highly regarded at Everton, as he is everywhere he played. A friend of mine went to a dinner there a while ago and asked about Weir, the general consensus was "If he'd have had an ounce of pace he would have been the finest defender the premiership has seen."

I think he's regarded as highly for his conduct as for any technical ability.