Warburton Interview On Next Gen

Hate to put a negative spin on things but how successful can a manager really be in Scotland before he high tails it down south?

This is my only concern with MW. If he's as successful as we want him to be then EPL clubs will have their eye on him. I just hope he's stays & see's the challenge of playing in Europe as a reason to stay.

If he get's us back where we belong and wins our first title back at the top, I couldn't begrudge him a move away. That said, we're an infectious lot and I'm quietly confident he'll fall in love with the club.

If he wins the title and gets us playing an exciting brand of football after his contract is finished then good luck to him.

If Warburton lays the foundations for the club by having a clear vision, attacking football, a excellent scouting system and developing youth players then he will have done his job and then some.

(tu)

I don't expect Warburton to be with us long term because I think he will want to manage in England again eventually.

What's important is that while he is here we get an infrastructure in place that allows whoever ends up managing us after him to be able to come in and simply carry on the work he's done.

They get brought up all the time but we have to be like Swansea. They have a structure which was started by Jackett and they appoint managers who operate or expand on that structure without ever truly breaking from it.

That has to the model for us going forward now. All the work Warburton is planning to do will be for notihing if we turn around and appoint a manager who plays route one football and prefers experienced players as his replacement when he does leave.

Thats a mistake that cost this club 4 years of regression & 10's of millions of pounds.... and it's a mistake that I hope we won't make again.

Although I get what you mean, and I'm in no way endorsing DW as the next manager of Rangers, we can't tar everyone related to us with the Ally-brush.

Purely as devil's advocate, who would be the best placed/cheapest option to carry on the successful systems and philosophies instilled by a departing Warburton?

Personally, I want Warburton to succeed here, extend his current contract and build a young vibrant side having a crack at Europe every year. (tu)

Words will mean nothing if we dont get players in and get a pre-season, If this is us preparing for a new season we are on the back foot already.

Lets save the back slapping till he achieves something at Rangers.

You're right, some folk are going on like we won the league already. Right now Warburton has done fuck all and his appraisal in a years time is what matters.