Public Urged To Support Armed Forces Day

Bluepeter9

Im not allowed to wear my uniform in public in the UK due to the current threat and some people find it offensive. In america i wore a tour tshirt. Upgraded to a suite, free meals in hotel, free drinks and vip treatment in all bars and restaurants. Their forces day is when people put on stuff for us. Buddies of mone from tour get big BBQs for them and their families. Free entry into cinema, bowling ,stuff like that, eat for free in certain restaurants and fast food places. Different planet over there. But thanks to all who attend, we do appreciate it.

The middle class fashion to look down on the armed forces is incredibly naive and short sighted. Couple that with our east end malcontents and you have a serious risk of undermining our forces to the point they are ineffective longer term.

Already we find it difficult to recruit.

Unfortunately, not difficult enough.

Attended my local armed forces day at Queens Park, Longton in Stoke on Trent with my family and was a very good turn out. Fun few hours for the kids. Amazing how many people want to have their picture taken with an assault rifle.

Fantastic reception for the parade made up of cadets and veterans.

Hope others enjoyed their local event too.

We are the people!!

God save the queen!!

After 14 years regular sevice and no plans to end it anytime soon I find the whole Armed Forces Day irrelevant really. I would rather the government stop cutting all our manpower, units, support infrastructure whilst handing cash hand over fist to defence contractors (who provide a piss poor service for outrageous amounts of cash) whilst increasing our operational tempo to unsustainable levels. The piss poor treatment of our commonwealth brothers and Gurkas over the years is disgraceful. The general public can alsobon occassion hate the presence of us. Whilst I have no objection to the spirit of Armed Forces Day I would rather it was felt everyday than once a year.

Armed forces having absolutely nothing to do with football. Cut out the crap and stop deluding yourself to think there is a relationship between Rangers and the armed forces.

If some people see there being a relationship, that's up to them, not you.

Attended my local armed forces day at Queens Park, Longton in Stoke on Trent with my family and was a very good turn out. Fun few hours for the kids. Amazing how many people want to have their picture taken with an assault rifle.

Fantastic reception for the parade made up of cadets and veterans.

Hope others enjoyed their local event too.

We are the people!!

God save the queen!!

Fuck the Queen, she is a Saxa Coburg German. I support Rangers not the Queen.

Don't think it's as much the armed forces that people look down on as the warmongering politicians who send these men into wars in an endless battle for natural resources whilst pretending they are pursuing some noble cause.

After 14 years regular sevice and no plans to end it anytime soon I find the whole Armed Forces Day irrelevant really. I would rather the government stop cutting all our manpower, units, support infrastructure whilst handing cash hand over fist to defence contractors (who provide a piss poor service for outrageous amounts of cash) whilst increasing our operational tempo to unsustainable levels. The piss poor treatment of our commonwealth brothers and Gurkas over the years is disgraceful. The general public can alsobon occassion hate the presence of us. Whilst I have no objection to the spirit of Armed Forces Day I would rather it was felt everyday than once a year.

I agree pal. I appreciate everyday. My brother is an ex grenadier guard and I went down with my mrs cousin who served in the navy for 13 years.

Met up with my old neighbour (ex signals) and his son (currently in the signals). All enjoyed the afternoon.

The more events the better and increased awareness of the work done in the armed forces will only increase appreciation

Did I mention that we have a little club here on RM whose sole aim is to support our Veterans' Recreational Needs.

To join it, all you need to do is donate some money, and we will spend it putting smiles on faces and bums on seats.

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/forum/donate.html

John_at_Ibrox_zps7hnewk8y.jpg

E1_zps24ba28d1.jpg

wishing_wall_zpsfaatepfw.jpg