Off The Ball

No, not a plug for a certain crap radio show. An appreciation of an aspect of our play which has impressed me greatly this season - the movement of our players off the ball. In my opinion, this is one of the major improveents in our play.

I have just re-watched our St Mirren match and noted that, throughout the game, our players seemed continually to be moving into space when we had possession, thereby creating available team mates for the man with the ball. This is a vital part of our new style of play and the fact that our team seem to have adapted to this bodes well for the future.

Now, Mr Warburton, shooting practice all week at Murray Park.

100% agree... whats impressed me as well is when we dont have the ball how quick we are to win it back both of these aspects of our play show how much fitter we are as none of these things where happening last season! good stuff!

Its amazing what MW can achieve by applying one of the first basics of football " pass and move " one of the first things any player is taught.Far more difficult to mark or follow a moving player than one standing with his finger up his arse. Keep up the good work W&W