Adam Hammill

Im not so sure - i think we should never close the door on a player loan deal. If he has a good season here and gets regular football and Liverpool sign big and he feels he wont get a game- then Rangers are in a strong bargaining position.

If he is good enough -i have no objection to a loan deal for this guy, if it solves a winger problem before the CL qualifier

Guest The Brown Brogue

I really dont think theres much to gain form these kinds of deal.

If hes a revelation, then either Liverpool will take him back or some pish like Sunderland will put in a 5 million bid.

And if hes crap, a'la Lee Martin, we're stuck with someone elses crap for a few months.

Rangers should not be used to develop other teams youngsters.

Exactly, especially when we have our own young guns like Furman, Lennon etc. Give them a chance FFS.

I really dont think theres much to gain form these kinds of deal.

If hes a revelation, then either Liverpool will take him back or some pish like Sunderland will put in a 5 million bid.

And if hes crap, a'la Lee Martin, we're stuck with someone elses crap for a few months.

I was thinking the same, cos look at anthony stokes... but you never know, if adam turns out to be great and is available for... 1M? 2M? and he falls in love with the club, would be a pretty good buy. I also agree with muff though that we shouldnt be looking at developing youngsters like him for other clubs. However I would be willing to take any of Arsenals youngsters or players on the fringes of their first team eg bardsley, who i think could have been great for the club.

Does it really matter where there from if they're good enough, plenty of teams have taken players on a seasons loan to good effect. Not so long ago Saviola was on a seasons loan at Monaco and if Stokes had stayed he could have easily been SPL top scorer and joining us rather than say Falkirk is a different proposition.

Just think Bardsley and Martin have soured peoples opinions on loans as they didnt work out. But the right loan deal could work for us, no initial outlay, may even save on wages and could get a good player, there are many not getting a game for their team that could easily improve on our own.

I have no problem with loan deals in principal, in certain circumstances they can actually aid the team. Gregory Vignal, for example, filled in a troublesome position a few years back and there was a fairish chance of landing him later on.

I like the look of Adam Hammill, he could be a useful player, and I think we'd have a chance of landing him. IMO he's got more chance of first team football at Ibrox than he'd ever have at Anfield.

Exactly, especially when we have our own young guns like Furman, Lennon etc. Give them a chance FFS.

Absolutely!no more loans please,Webster is one too many already. (td)

Absolutely!no more loans please,Webster is one too many already. (td)

I agree about the others, but Webster is only a loan because of this stupid transfer saga with Hearts, until that's sorted he can't be signed on a permanent basis.