How Players Can Help Us Re Ebts

Literally 90% of ex players don't give a shit about us - cash and themselves is king

True

Very dissapointing that most recipients of EBTs have kept their counsel and not defended their position or spoken up on behalf of the club.

I would like to see them form a group and investigate the possibility of taking legal action against individuals like Spiers and organisations like the BBC for defamation. If these cunts accuse us of winning titles by cheating then it stands to reason they are accusing the players who won those titles as not having done so fairly and squarely.

Any damages to be awarded to the club.

The moneys owed to the Oldco though is it not? its nothing to do with DK is it? And fuck that anyway. The EBTs werent illegal so until its proven they were whoever wants us punished for them can fuck off.

Yes The money is from oldco. The point is that as soon as any one individual repays a portion of EBT then that establishes defacto that it was a loan. HMRCs whole argument stands and falls by them asserting that it was wages and not a loan. Interesting for example when some players including Ally took a wages drop for a while... might have been cleverer to take full wages and repay portion of EBT ( Can remember if Ally had EBT)

So... a single repayment of a part of an EBT adds credence to our assertion that was a loan and weakens HMRC case.

This is not an admission of "guilt". This is a means of negotiating and outflanking HMRC and others who assert they are not loans.

The "legal" argument is not helpful

If you use a tax avoidance scheme which HMRC declare unacceptable then you have to repay taxes.

This may not always be criminal but the punishment is harsh. It is better to argue consistently that they were loans but the weak link in our argument is no repayments. One repayment cra precedent and this is very important in Scots Law.

Its up to the courts to decide if theyre loans though, based on the contracts at the time, you cant expect a player to pay some of it back and then for the Club to go "see!"

Theres nothing we can do now to change whether they were loans or not its for the Oldcos lawyers to challenge and for HMRC to prove.

I cant pay back money my work gave me and just say "see it was actually a loan"