Andrew Shinnie signs a new 3 year deal and

Boab

RANGERS' midfielder Andrew Shinnie has capped a memorable 12 months by signing a new three-year deal with the club.

Andrew ShinnieThe Aberdeen-born youngster played a key role as Billy Kirkwood's under-19 side clinched a league and cup double in 2006/07 and his ability to push forward and score vital goals was of great importance to the team.

Gers' manager Walter Smith has been keeping close eye on Andrew's progress and had no hesitation in pushing him into his first-team squad in the latter stages of the campaign.

The 17-year-old playmaker was then handed his debut as a substitute in a 3-0 home SPL win over the Dons and also featured against Killie on May 13.

Shinnie's agent Charlie Duddy said: "We're delighted to have agreed a new deal with Rangers.

"Andrew's aim is to try and become a part of the Rangers first-team from now on."

Look out for an exclusive interview with Andrew later this week.

jesus i thought he was 18 at least, hes really tall aswell, him and stevie did take the piss out of killie when they came on, makes you wonder had they started what would have happened, they were really energetic and had the crowd bouncing with anticpation and willingness, wanting them to do well. would like to see them break through.

thats wonderful thats us on our way to the title no sweat.

Really no need for the sarcasm, in my opinion Minstral, as we are building for the future = nothing wrong in that

Really no need for the sarcasm, in my opinion Minstral, as we are building for the future = nothing wrong in that

we would be better with a box of lego if we want to build for the future.

No need for that. I think it's good news and I'm sure young Shinnie is on cloud nine.

he wont get a game, nothing against the boy good prospect, but i know how walter works and he wont play him.