Time To Stand Up

bordersbear

According to the match stats we only committed 2 fouls against falkirk.wtf is that about? I'm all for fair play but surely we are far too soft. We need to put the boot in early doors and let the opposition know they are in a game. One or two hard tackles to law down a marker and some timely retribution for fouls against us would give these pricks something to think about. Stand up and be counted for WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

Two phrases I always associate exclusively with Scottish football.

1) "Gerintethum." As in the shout of encouragement often heard at Old Firm Games "Gerintethumfenyanbastarts"

2) "Never mind the ball, get on with the game."

As the whole culture of Scottish football is still rooted in the mid twentieth century, I don't expect it will be made any easier for us to play skilled attractive football on the pitch, but it is the way forward and we must persevere.

On the positive side teams such as Hearts last year, Hibs this year and Hamilton in recent years have attempted to progress the game away from the mainly physical side, but the majority of teams. aided by lenient refereeing are still holding the countries football back.

I still feel the new style of Gers team football could go on to change the whole culture of football in Scotland if allowed to.

But in the short term we do need more muscle, but whose to say skilled players can't be strong enough to compete physically in Scotland as well, problem is they are just a wee bit more difficult to find at present.