Question about live TV football?

mchammer

1 minute ago, Cobham said:

It was finished before the Champions League kicked off.

We would have had the option to kick the game off at 6pm and be finished for the Champs League kicking off to show it on tv.

They kicked-off at 5:30 I believe. 

48 minutes ago, Cobham said:

It was finished before the Champions League kicked off.

We would have had the option to kick the game off at 6pm and be finished for the Champs League kicking off to show it on tv.

By 'we' I mean the SFA.

So you work for the SFA is what you are saying? :pipe:

This is the secret spy that everyone has been looking for on this site!!!! 

3 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

So you work for the SFA is what you are saying? :pipe:

This is the secret spy that everyone has been looking for on this site!!!! 

When I said 'we' I didn't mean Rangers, I meant Scottish Football or whoever has the power to arrange the fixture schedule, which I assumed for the Scottish Cup would be the SFA.

To sum up, no I am not the SFA.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone explain this:

Tuesday 8th March 2016

Hull City v Arsenal

FA Cup 5th Round Replay

19:00

BT Sport 1 / BT Sport 1 HD

Wolfsburg v Gent

UEFA Champions League Last-16 2nd Leg

19:45

BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 2 HD

Real Madrid v Roma

BT Sport Europe / BT Sport Europe HD

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Can anyone explain this:

Tuesday 8th March 2016

Hull City v Arsenal

FA Cup 5th Round Replay

Wolfsburg v Gent

Real Madrid v Roma

They are football matches mate.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The FA were given special privilege from Uefa to allow the match to be on at same time. Complete farce, more favoured treatment to the bigger clubs. This would never have been allowed if it was Swansea, Everton etc. Small clubs like Hivs, Hearts and Kilmarnock were denied TV revenue due to Uefa and they let this occur, not to mention they've also bowed to United over the kick-off time vs Liverpool in the Europa league!

Cheers for that info :541: I could not work out how the game was on TV at the same time as the CL.

Ridiculous decision. :mad:

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The FA were given special privilege from Uefa to allow the match to be on at same time. Complete farce, more favoured treatment to the bigger clubs. This would never have been allowed if it was Swansea, Everton etc. Small clubs like Hivs, Hearts and Kilmarnock were denied TV revenue due to Uefa and they let this occur, not to mention they've also bowed to United over the kick-off time vs Liverpool in the Europa league!

Going from the below, there seems to be nothing set in stone with regard to domestic matches being shown live at the same time as Champions League matches, providing your football association actually care about your teams/game/product etc, and are willing to simply pick up the phone. It really isn't that hard to ask the question but it would seem the SFA didn't even bother to open dialogue with Uefa. Of course, the fact it's Arsenal, a consistent participant in the Champions League, and the fact they are from one of the elite countries, they may be looked at more favourably. However, if the SFA simply picked up the phone, sent an e-mail/letter or at least gave some sort fuck, then the (further) hypocrisy of Uefa would be exposed for all to see. That said, maybe the reason the SFA didn't contact Uefa is because the dates the SFA had always had in place for potential replays was a Champions League night and Uefa would have told them to bolt as their organisation was incompetent at best, and should never had such dates penciled in for possible replays in the first place!

'.......Uefa usually discourage fixtures from taking place on the same night as their Champions League and Europa League competitions but the European governing body have agreed to make an exception for the fifth round tie.

As reported by Standard Sport last week the FA were unable to confirm a provisional date for the replay after the game, with "in-depth and exhaustive" discussions required by the clubs and governing bodies to confirm a date.

Arsenal had been concerned that they would face a trip to the north-east two days after playing Tottenham but will now have an additional 24 hours preparation.

FA chief executive Martin Glenn said: "We want all of our clubs to be part of strong, vibrant domestic competitions, to perform well on the European stage and for the England team to be challenging for international honours.

"To have a better chance of achieving these aims more effectively, it is imperative we resolve the on-going problem of match scheduling together.

“We would like to thank UEFA for taking the time it has to understand our position on this matter.

"Fixture scheduling is an issue for the whole game so let’s build upon the productive conversations we have held with the Premier League and Football League and call upon UEFA to join the discussion to create clear, workable guidelines for the benefit of all.

"This will help our teams in the pursuit for trophies; enable fans to fully enjoy and access all the matches their teams participate in and allow broadcast partners to maximise the TV rights they have purchased."

English football has recently acknowledged the need to offer sides competing in Europe further flexibility in fixture scheduling, embracing the model pioneered by Serie A as Italian clubs close in on the Premier League in the Uefa coefficient rankings.

Should they steal third place from England the Premier League would lose its fourth Champions League spot.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm pretty sure the SFA/SPFL asked years back to be allowed to have league games on TV during CL and Uefa refused, hence why we had to play at St Johnstone at 6pm on a midweek, scum also. Couldn't you say the same for English FA as they have scheduled a replay on a CL night?

I think the rule or whatever it actually is should be scrapped, it's a joke, but this is favourtism as shown by that quote about making an exception. I hope in future we as a club go right at Uefa in a similar situation and use this example as why we can be on TV during CL matches.

The rule, if even such a thing exists, is ridiculous. To be honest I can't remember what happened years ago off the top of my head but the SFA should be doing everything in their power to look after all Scottish clubs for the betterment of our game. If they've been told no before, times change, things move on, compromises can be made via dialogue. They should continually challenge and question such rules, and apparent favourtism. They shouldn't just bend over and accept what's happened in the past. The SFA by not challenging or looking after their Scottish clubs are simply failing every one of us, and are not fit for purpose IMO. 

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Can anyone explain this:

Tuesday 8th March 2016

Hull City v Arsenal

FA Cup 5th Round Replay

Wolfsburg v Gent

Real Madrid v Roma

UEFA withold 10% of the English share of the TV money as a fine because they allow games to be broadcast in direct competition with the CL