Fowler to join Cardiff?

Ibroxblue

Bluebirds ready for Fowl play Fri, Jul 06 2007 14:24

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez insists Cardiff will be getting a "fantastic professional" if they lure Robbie Fowler to Ninian Park.

The Kop chief allowed former England striker Fowler to leave Anfield at the end of last season when his deal expired and a move to either Celtic, Rangers or MLS appeared to be on the cards for the 32-year-old.

However, the Bluebirds are thought to be in talks with the former Leeds and Manchester City hitman - nicknamed 'God' by Liverpool fans - as they look to bolster their strikeforce for another assault on the Premiership.

And Benitez has urged the south Wales outfit to do the deal, telling the Liverpool Echo: "Maybe people don't know how good a professional Robbie is.

"I worked with him, Bolo Zenden and Jerzy Dudek, and the three of them were fantastic. Everyone knows the quality they have, but they were also real professionals."

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/news_details....d=2&t_id=19

By 'Cardiff' you mean 'Rangers'!...........Right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well,big Stevie Thompson has gone into hospital for some operation, it,s clear Cardiff will need a top class performer

to replace the big man.

If Boydie is injured we don't have a natural goalscorer... Fowler would be a great player to rotate with, IMO.

I'm with you Davy, no need to even rotate, Boydie and Fowler upfront would be a good match.

Beasley on the left, JCD on the right

We would be on fire

If Boydie is injured we don't have a natural goalscorer... Fowler would be a great player to rotate with, IMO.

I'm with you Davy, no need to even rotate, Boydie and Fowler upfront would be a good match.

We would be on fire

I disagree with you there...

I think they are too similar to play with each other.

I don't want JCD to be played out of position either.

We would be on fire

I disagree with you there...

I think they are too similar to play with each other.

I don't want JCD to be played out of position either.

I don't think they are similar at all. Boyd is a goal mouth predator, and agreed so too is Fowler. The difference is, Fowler will leave the box to chase the ball and can hold the ball up.

There is nothing wrong with 2 goal mouth predators in the team. Hately and McCoist were very similar in their play and they played upfront fantastically well

I think Fowler would be a good capture. I have no idea what wages he would want but what a player to bring on when

the opposition defence is tiring and you are looking to change the game.

I don't think his wages would be too big a demand. After all he is 32 and his wages have to reflect that. Maybe he would sign for something between 7-10k

I think Fowler would be a good capture. I have no idea what wages he would want but what a player to bring on when

the opposition defence is tiring and you are looking to change the game.

I don't think his wages would be too big a demand. After all he is 32 and his wages have to reflect that. Maybe he would sign for something between 7-10k

I think we would be looking at about 15-20k per week.

He's already said that wages are not a problem any longer. He's made his money, has a few buisnesses and just wants to play at a high level for a few more seasons. If we offered him a deal I reckon he'd take around £12-18k a week.

He's still got the hunger, he's say's he's as fit as he has been in a long time. I think we really should consider making a move for him. If Boyd got injured we'd be left with no out and out goalscorer.

He's already said that wages are not a problem any longer. He's made his money, has a few buisnesses and just wants to play at a high level for a few more seasons. If we offered him a deal I reckon he'd take around £12-18k a week.

He's still got the hunger, he's say's he's as fit as he has been in a long time. I think we really should consider making a move for him. If Boyd got injured we'd be left with no out and out goalscorer.

(tu)

I dont think we have heard the last of Robbie Fowler for Ibrox

I can see him ending up at Ibrox.

Yep - me too

Yep - me too

You've dropped a few subtle hints JR, do you know something we don't ? :Animation44-dont over use:

Yep - me too

You've dropped a few subtle hints JR, do you know something we don't ? :Animation44-dont over use:

Shit - not subtle enough obviously :craphead:

Yep - me too

Shit - not subtle enough obviously :craphead:

:lol: