Gasparotto

8 hours ago, BEE said:

Raging about this, consistently got player of season every time we loaned him out - what's the point in the loan system if we just release the player regardless of performance?

If this is a serious post then I more than agree with you. When have you ever heard of fans getting a commissioned painting of a loan player in their teams kit?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a positive story when you think about it in the context of youth development and how this has improved under Warburton. 

I'm struggling to think of 10 players that have made the step up and genuinely improved our first team over the last 15 years. This is because up until now we've typically let them waste away in the unders/reserve teams.

Putting guys out on loan at ages 17-20 lets us see whether they can improve the first team. If they can't they'll likely leave us to go to a higher level than if they'd wasted away in the unders/reserve teams so everybody wins.

Just now, Fabric said:

1 out of how many??? U should have known that i meant on the whole he doesn't rate what we have at that level. U coming back with 1 player means nothing. 

McKay was immediately made an important first team player so clearly if the gaffer rates you then there is a pathway to the first team,with our whole footballing philosophy changing there will be loads of players who simply cannot adapt to our new style of play,Luca will be far from the last to go

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

McKay was immediately made an important first team player so clearly if the gaffer rates you then there is a pathway to the first team,with our whole footballing philosophy changing there will be loads of players who simply cannot adapt to our new style of play,Luca will be far from the last to go

Listen if it benefits Rangers then it suits me end of. I just think he doesn't rate what we have in the youngsters,only my opinion of course. MW has forgotten more about football than any of us on here know if Luca isn't good enough then so be it we will get someone who is good enough.