Unofficial Merchandise

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Your choice. You're  depriving Rangers by denying MA. Fair dos.  I'm buying my kids what they want and what I want for them. The club earns too and yes unfortunately so does MA. 

Each to their own.

I'm depriving Rangers of a couple of quid, I'm depriving Ashley of about 20 times as much

4 minutes ago, daverfc13 said:

I'm depriving Rangers of a couple of quid, I'm depriving Ashley of about 20 times as much

This is called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Bottom line is do whatever you want with your own damn money :D   I'll be buying my kids their official top for xmas, like every other year.  Neither of us should be told we are in the wrong.

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

This is called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Bottom line is do whatever you want with your own damn money :D   I'll be buying my kids their official top for xmas, like every other year.  Neither of us should be told we are in the wrong.

So your saying my approach will lead to more harm than good for Rangers?

6 minutes ago, daverfc13 said:

So your saying my approach will lead to more harm than good for Rangers?

Well yes.  ( you admit it yourself by saying "i;m depriving the club of a few quid")    Not much in the grand scheme of things, but everytime you spend money on unofficial stuff, none of that goes to the club.  If you buy official stuff, then some of that money goes to the club.  I'd rather they got something than nothing.

This isn't me telling you what to do with your cash FWIW,  I can completely understand peoples feelings on this and why they wouldn't buy from SD. 

8 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Well yes.  ( you admit it yourself by saying "i;m depriving the club of a few quid")    Not much in the grand scheme of things, but everytime you spend money on unofficial stuff, none of that goes to the club.  If you buy official stuff, then some of that money goes to the club.  I'd rather they got something than nothing.

This isn't me telling you what to do with your cash FWIW,  I can completely understand peoples feelings on this and why they wouldn't buy from SD. 

Yeah but who's to say it will lead to more harm than good...? No one really knows how this 1 will pan out. My hope is Ashley realises he's not making much out of Rangers and sells up. Again my approach could do harm, but so could yours .

Just now, daverfc13 said:

Yeah but who's to say it will lead to more harm than good...? No one really knows how this 1 will pan out. My hope is Ashley realises he's not making much out of Rangers and sells up. Again my approach could do harm, but so could yours .

I obviously disagree with you :)

17 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Sorry but for every £2 Rangers gets MA gets about  £40?

Wow can you link this evidence?

There's is no 'evidence' because no one at Rangers will speak about this, but if these figures are wrong I wouldn't think they would be far out

12 minutes ago, daverfc13 said:

There's is no 'evidence' because no one at Rangers will speak about this, but if these figures are wrong I wouldn't think they would be far out

someone tried to work it out on the figures we have available and it was somewhere in the 2 quid for every tenner spent is earned by Rangers.  When those dividends are paid is a different matter, I think we got a 500k payment just recently from Rangers retail.

Personally I feel if we are making anywhere near 20% pure profit from our retail ( and if everyone started buying merch again) then that could be a nice money spinner for the club.  

We probably won't agree on this either :D

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

someone tried to work it out on the figures we have available and it was somewhere in the 2 quid for every tenner spent is earned by Rangers.  When those dividends are paid is a different matter, I think we got a 500k payment just recently from Rangers retail.

Personally I feel if we are making anywhere near 20% pure profit from our retail ( and if everyone started buying merch again) then that could be a nice money spinner for the club.  

We probably won't agree on this either :D

Your right? I can't agree. I just can't accept that if I go and buy the new top for say £50 , Ashley is getting around £40 of that. 

Im on 1 side , your on the other but like you I can totally understand both sides

38 minutes ago, daverfc13 said:

Are the club not obliged to make up a shortfall in sales?  If so, and I admit I am not sure about this, then not buying would lead to more harm than good.

4 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Are the club not obliged to make up a shortfall in sales?  If so, and I admit I am not sure about this, then not buying would lead to more harm than good.

I'm not sure either.. Are you saying for example Rangers have 50,000 tops made, and only sell 25,000. They have to pay for the rest? 

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I'm 40 if it makes a difference which it probably will to some, cue several smart arse replies about men in their 40s wearing football tops 

Im 62 and wear my Rangers top/hoodie/trackie bottoms on my market stall every day of the week.......all bought from the mega store,MA won't be here forever, but the sellers of "snide merchandise " will be, from who Rangers never will get a penny 

31 minutes ago, daverfc13 said:

Your right? I can't agree. I just can't accept that if I go and buy the new top for say £50 , Ashley is getting around £40 of that. 

Im on 1 side , your on the other but like you I can totally understand both sides

What if he paid for the stock, the shops and the staff? Does profit matter?

2 hours ago, daverfc13 said:

Is there an agethatsflimit ffrs tops

Not at all mate, IM just surprised anyone IS looking  to start an arguement on a thread about this, IF you dont want to wear the club colours then dont and If you want to wear fake tops then thats ok IF thats what you want to, just coming on RM and asking you know what would happen.Not your fault just the way It Is on here.