Season Ticket Renewals

sammy cox

2 hours ago, Gartsherriederry said:

A lot of supporters will be waiting till payday to renew then we have public sale to come . Hopefully we can sell the maximum amount possible , is it 42,000 or so I'm not sure 

Most we've ever sold is 44k.

Just now, WGOH said:

Think we could easily beat that number, especially considering recent events. 

I think it was limited to that before, wasn't it? You'd have to sell tickets that excluded sellic games.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I think it was limited to that before, wasn't it? You'd have to sell tickets that excluded sellic games.

Have we actually ever sold out our season tickets? 44,000 would seem an appropriate cut off, as people from the BR can still buy ST's with the bheasts games and there would still be the odd fan who uses paper tickets for selected matches. Surely we won't be far off selling out next season if there is a limited amount. 

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

Have we actually ever sold out our season tickets? 44,000 would seem an appropriate cut off, as people from the BR can still buy ST's with the bheasts games and there would still be the odd fan who uses paper tickets for selected matches. Surely we won't be far off selling out next season if there is a limited amount. 

Yeah, I'm sure we used to have a waiting list.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't break 40k at least.

Just now, Inigo said:

Yeah, I'm sure we used to have a waiting list.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't break 40k at least.

Yes I agree, but the way it is looking, not even payday yet and close to 25k it seems we should break the 40k mark, people will reactivate accounts from the SPL years, public sale and so on. Should smash 40k. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Most we've ever sold is 44k.

Ok cheers , so say we Match that or beat it then how would that work for old firm games , doesn't affect me tho I'm in the Copland but with them getting the full broomie then surely not everyone would get a ticket then because do they not get 8000 seats . I hope we do beat that 44,000 mark right enough 

24 minutes ago, Gartsherriederry said:

Ok cheers , so say we Match that or beat it then how would that work for old firm games , doesn't affect me tho I'm in the Copland but with them getting the full broomie then surely not everyone would get a ticket then because do they not get 8000 seats . I hope we do beat that 44,000 mark right enough 

Yeah mate. Think 44k is a limit, because of OF games. I'm sure when we had 44k there was a waiting list too, so they consciously limited it to 44k. Would expect the same this time.

Calls For Record Breaking Season

STEWART Robertson believes it is possible Rangers could smash their season ticket sales’ record because of the team’s brand of football.

And he is looking to retain the men behind that brand, Mark Warburton and Davie Weir, for as long as possible.

The club’s managing director would like to see the management team stay at Ibrox for the long haul and thinks that will only have a positive effect on crowds.

Robertson said: “Mark and David have been terrific in the year they have been up here and we would love them to stay for a number of years.

“As with any employee who is performing well you look to see if you can retain them for a longer period of time and I noticed in the press there had been some speculation about that.

“We are in constant dialogue with Mark and Davie and I am very hopeful that they will be here for a long time to come.
“People come to watch the football and Mark and Davie have got us playing some magnificent stuff this season.

“The fans will keep coming if we are still winning so we need to keep providing them with a platform to watch that type of football next year.”
Chairman Dave King has called on fans to pack out Ibrox next season and the MD agrees with the South African.

Although he is at pains to stress the board aren’t setting targets when it comes to the number of season tickets sold.

Robertson continued: “The start of June is the deadline for season ticket renewals so I would urge people to renew as quickly as they can.

“Sales are going very well; we were just short of 25,000 as of Thursday morning, so we are delighted with the uptake so far.

“The Chairman has been on record to say he would love to sell a record number of season tickets so we have started very well.

“I would love to get about 40,000, we ended up with 37,500 last season, I think the record is 43,000 and Dave said he would love to see a record number.

“So it’s not a target as such but I’d love to think we could maybe get there with the style of football we play and the signings we are about to make.
“I think the numbers is down to the football and at the end of the day we are a football club.”