On this day.......

JR

In 1995 a certain Paul Gascoigne arrived outside Ibrox greeted by hoardes of adoring fans :clap:

How i wish we could have a signing of that stature to whip up the fans again :pipegreen:

I met the man on a few occasions and he was brilliant, what i would do just now to help him through his problems. I am sure there are many who would help him and maybe he needs to know that. What about the forum sending a card to the great man its the least we can do.

LEGEND

Was in Greece on holiday when it happened...

The days when Rangers could truly compete with any club for any player have sadly gone. They might never return but even so, there are ways of finding the best talents before they become world-class players and that's the kind of avenue we should be exploring.

The days when Rangers could truly compete with any club for any player have sadly gone. They might never return but even so, there are ways of finding the best talents before they become world-class players and that's the kind of avenue we should be exploring.

(tu)

I still have the paper from that day. Gazza was my idol and I still couldnt believe the day we signed him. An absolute genius and someone with his talents and knowledge should be still in the game. Just hope he gets well soon.

murray.jpg

I still have the paper from that day. Gazza was my idol and I still couldnt believe the day we signed him. An absolute genius and someone with his talents and knowledge should be still in the game. Just hope he gets well soon.

murray.jpg

Excellent pic Muff. It was an amazing day when he arrived and one that few bears will ever forget.

He was the highest ever profile player to sign for us imo. :rangers:

Gazza joined because he wanted to play for Walter Smith, not because he specifically was attracted to us as a club.

He is on record as stating he wanted to play for Smith.

Just like Prso - he wanted to join us because he loved Ibrox and STB made the hairs on his neck stand up.

We're not done acquiring great players, we just have to get the luck we have had with examples like the above.

(btw, I would say Beasley is a pretty damn good player and achieved more in club football (got to the CL semi with PSV) than even Gazza did - so it's not all doom and gloom)