Our Forum

Steely

There is on common denominator bears. We ALL love this famous club and if we criticise at times its because we want the best for the club and the Ibrox family.We are a special breed and if we argue amongst ourselves its only because we are the people and we dont want our standards to drop.One thing is for sure,we can and do argue within our community but woe betide any outsider having a go at us and just watch how we can come together as one,and thats really what its all about.So continue to debate but not with malice only in a common bond of brotherhood because we are priveliged to be part of something special - RANGERS FC. :D

Absolutely mate.

This is what my original post was intending.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish, Rangers fans aren't all 'billy boys' in your context anymore.

That's just fact.

Doesn't mean they aren't Bears.

I can quite happily confess to being a 90 minute bigot, but it doesn't make me a bad person. I just recently split up with a RC girl after 2 and a half years.

But, while I don't mind the club signing RC's, the idea of signing Celtic supporters makes me sick.

No offense bud, but this has nothing to do with the thread and its contents

nor did the quote that not all bears are billy boys anymore.Open season on fishy again is it. Do you know what boys, i'm really fearful for our support. I really am. The man is being vilified for his abrupt posts, but to me , i can relate to most of the things he says.He is a staunch bear, with passionate beliefs.He expresses this on a forum where he believes to be in the company of thousands of other bears.For goodness sake, every post he makes gets a shitty reply.We bears come from all walks of life,as this forum itself proves.

But nobody on here should be ridiculed for being different.I also happen to be in agreement with a large percentage of what he says.I believe that the fish's contempt for SDM is down to the non-defence of die hard bears for singing songs.the money side is just a spin off from that.I reckon fishy feels that murray let his people down, as do i.Sir David let down the memory for each life affected by the ibrox disaster, people who died innocently supporting our club in our stadium.It is in memory of those people that Ibrox is the palace it is now.I just hope when SDM is sitting in his seat in the directors box, or if he occasionally takes a walk around the seats of our magnificent castle, i wonder whether he ever stops to think about why those people were bears and why they died being so proud of those principles that were part and parcel to being a rangers supporter, and for me personally, and i only speak for myself before anybody gets on their high horse, still are as much part of me as they were for generations all the way back in my family. This is not a personal attack at anybody on here. it's just my point of view.

My favourite question posed to me has always remained: So are ye a billy or a dan?

When i answered billy,regardless of who asked, it made me feel 100 ft tall and explode with pride at what i am. That will never change for some.I for one certainly hope not. By the way, i don't know the fish from adam, so if i've got this wrong i apologise to him personally.

Rab Wilson

A Billy Boy

And fuckin proud of it!

Fish, Rangers fans aren't all 'billy boys' in your context anymore.

That's just fact.

Doesn't mean they aren't Bears.

I can quite happily confess to being a 90 minute bigot, but it doesn't make me a bad person. I just recently split up with a RC girl after 2 and a half years.

But, while I don't mind the club signing RC's, the idea of signing Celtic supporters makes me sick.

No offense bud, but this has nothing to do with the thread and its contents

nor did the quote that not all bears are billy boys anymore.Open season on fishy again is it. Do you know what boys, i'm really fearful for our support. I really am. The man is being vilified for his abrupt posts, but to me , i can relate to most of the things he says.He is a staunch bear, with passionate beliefs.He expresses this on a forum where he believes to be in the company of thousands of other bears.For goodness sake, every post he makes gets a shitty reply.We bears come from all walks of life,as this forum itself proves.

But nobody on here should be ridiculed for being different.I also happen to be in agreement with a large percentage of what he says.I believe that the fish's contempt for SDM is down to the non-defence of die hard bears for singing songs.the money side is just a spin off from that.I reckon fishy feels that murray let his people down, as do i.Sir David let down the memory for each life affected by the ibrox disaster, people who died innocently supporting our club in our stadium.It is in memory of those people that Ibrox is the palace it is now.I just hope when SDM is sitting in his seat in the directors box, or if he occasionally takes a walk around the seats of our magnificent castle, i wonder whether he ever stops to think about why those people were bears and why they died being so proud of those principles that were part and parcel to being a rangers supporter, and for me personally, and i only speak for myself before anybody gets on their high horse, still are as much part of me as they were for generations all the way back in my family. This is not a personal attack at anybody on here. it's just my point of view.

My favourite question posed to me has always remained: So are ye a billy or a dan?

When i answered billy,regardless of who asked, it made me feel 100 ft tall and explode with pride at what i am. That will never change for some.I for one certainly hope not. By the way, i don't know the fish from adam, so if i've got this wrong i apologise to him personally.

Rab Wilson

A Billy Boy

And fuckin proud of it!

You are definately right with one thing. What fish said in the thread did indeed have nothing to do with the thread at all. If you read further you will notice I asked him to stop posting on the thread as it was nothing to do with the thread title or subject.

Fish in my opinion does what he does on here to wind people up. He loves it, craves it and lives by it. He needs one thing from here, recognition. Unfortunately too many people give him what he craves.

He has his opinions, when he chooses to express them. Unfortunately I don't think that is often. He mostly on here insults fellow members either by name calling or calling them timposters, simply for having a differing opinion.

If that is what you percieve as a giood rangers supporter that is your perogative. I will respect that aspect of your thoughts. I wont agree with it. But I will respect.

Again this is off the original topic and I apologise for that,

We as Rangers fans should be sticking together. Let the in fighting be left to the other side of Glasgow.

Treat each other with respect and everyone will have respect shown.

Insulting people just shows a limited brain capacity

While I understand where you are going with your original post I find this idea that we should automatically respect somebody because he is a Rangers fan as totally unacceptable. Do you really demand that I respect somebody I consider a racist and a bigot? TBO I feel the opposite. I couldn't give a toss if a Tim acts like a complete moron and let's his club down, in fact I love it. If I Bear drags the name of Rangers through the mud I hate it...like the guy who threw the bottle at the Villarreal coach...you want me to respect him? What if some racist bigot goes on a Rangers forum and spouts his bile...I have to be civil and respect his view? Sorry....I feel one 'supporter' like that negates a thousand decent fans and gives our enemies all the ammunition they need to denigrate and reinforce the stereotype. I will never respect that.

We as Rangers fans should be sticking together. Let the in fighting be left to the other side of Glasgow.

While I understand where you are going with your original post I find this idea that we should automatically respect somebody because he is a Rangers fan as totally unacceptable. Do you really demand that I respect somebody I consider a racist and a bigot? TBO I feel the opposite. I couldn't give a toss if a Tim acts like a complete moron and let's his club down, in fact I love it. If I Bear drags the name of Rangers through the mud I hate it...like the guy who threw the bottle at the Villarreal coach...you want me to respect him? What if some racist bigot goes on a Rangers forum and spouts his bile...I have to be civil and respect his view? Sorry....I feel one 'supporter' like that negates a thousand decent fans and gives our enemies all the ammunition they need to denigrate and reinforce the stereotype. I will never respect that.

OK when I am saying treat witih respect. What I mean is common respect. I know where you are coming from here and I have no respect whatsoever for that type of scum.

And I am sure there are bigots on here who I have no respect for either.

What I am trying to say isn't so much as treat with respect. But use your own common respect. Instead of calling someone names and such.

My original post didn't include racism because I haven't seen that much on here. My original post was intended for the child like people on here, who, if someone tells them they don't agree, say they are timposters. I think that type of thing requires more respect.

My original post is being scraped to the limit of examples.

And while I can see the points everyone is raising, my original post only meant that the people in here who have differing views on the way forward for Rangers, should be treated with a little more respect.

In my opinion throwing bottles at a team bus and using racists comments aren't viewed as a way forward for Glasgow Rangers PLC and those peple should be treated with the contempt they deserve

Agree 100%.

If someone is an ass/racist/bigot - they deserve condemnation, and wearing the blue of Rangers doesn't exempt them from this. Indeed, it makes it worse.

OK when I am saying treat witih respect. What I mean is common respect. I know where you are coming from here and I have no respect whatsoever for that type of scum.

And I am sure there are bigots on here who I have no respect for either.

What I am trying to say isn't so much as treat with respect. But use your own common respect. Instead of calling someone names and such.

My original post didn't include racism because I haven't seen that much on here. My original post was intended for the child like people on here, who, if someone tells them they don't agree, say they are timposters. I think that type of thing requires more respect.

My original post is being scraped to the limit of examples.

And while I can see the points everyone is raising, my original post only meant that the people in here who have differing views on the way forward for Rangers, should be treated with a little more respect.

In my opinion throwing bottles at a team bus and using racists comments aren't viewed as a way forward for Glasgow Rangers PLC and those peple should be treated with the contempt they deserve

Fair enough.