Our Forum

Steely

I have to say Steely - I think the Fish has a point in some of what he says - some of the views presented on here are totally out of keeping with what you tend to hear at Rangers establishments - and I appreciate the likes of Boab have their own opinions about matters such as the Union Flag etc ( which does not make them any less of a Bear...before anyone starts) but they certainly dont reflect the opinions and views I hear as part of the Rangers collective - if you get my drift

Yeah, there' no doubt when you rmore likely to meet a Unionist Rangers fan than a Nationalist Rangers fan - it is reflected in the voting results to a small extent after all - but at the same time, the World is moving on and while Fish does often represent some views traditionally, some just can't agree because of the extreme nature of those views. And he fails to realise and accept that Orangeism is less so in the Rangers fraternity than it was so.

I hope I've made my reply with decorum as I'm not actually wanting to row with fellow bears on the best Rangers forum on the web.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say Steely - I think the Fish has a point in some of what he says - some of the views presented on here are totally out of keeping with what you tend to hear at Rangers establishments - and I appreciate the likes of Boab have their own opinions about matters such as the Union Flag etc ( which does not make them any less of a Bear...before anyone starts) but they certainly dont reflect the opinions and views I hear as part of the Rangers collective - if you get my drift

I do get your drift mate and I wan't, in any way, trying to suggest anything to contrary.

My main post was simply to sugggest that we treat the people in the forum with a little more respect instead of bitching, name calling, and suggestions of timposter simply because they have a differing view

Is that too much to ask???

No its not - I rarely agree with Orangedek or Boab - yet we get on very well and often speak privately...and in a friendly manner.

But within such disagreement there is not a constant attempt to play devils advocate/view our club negatively/failure to give Rangers or their support the benefit of the doubt/judge others by different standards.

I do get your drift mate and I wan't, in any way, trying to suggest anything to contrary.

My main post was simply to sugggest that we treat the people in the forum with a little more respect instead of bitching, name calling, and suggestions of timposter simply because they have a differing view

No its not - I rarely agree with Orangedek or Boab - yet we get on very well and often speak privately...and in a friendly manner.

But within such disagreement there is not a constant attempt to play devils advocate/view our club negatively/failure to give Rangers or their support the benefit of the doubt/judge others by different standards.

That's exactly my point mate, so again why do we have to suffer claims of timposter when we differing views??

I use use we collectively meaning the forum as a whole

No it isnt too much to ask - and it is the one thing that the Staff take a very dim view of. We are all on here to share our opinions and perhaps seek views of others - who maybe arent quite the same as ourselves, but share the same common goals as we do.

Namely the success of RFC.

We should all be able to do that with civility

No it isnt too much to ask - and it is the one thing that the Staff take a very dim view of. We are all on here to share our opinions and perhaps seek views of others - who maybe arent quite the same as ourselves, but share the same common goals as we do.

In my humble opinion, we are each one of us, great Rangers supporters. Our reasons for supporting such a great club vary from person to person. Our ideals and beliefs vary from person to person. But not one view is wrong.

We all differ and that is why we debate. And I am sorry but anyone who tries to claim timposter because they can't agree with someone elses views has already lost the argument. They do not have the mental capacity to take in what is said and debate on it, so the resort to just calling said person a celtic fan.

It happens too often on here.

We as Rangers fans should be sticking together. Let the in fighting be left to the other side of Glasgow.

Treat each other with respect and everyone will have respect shown.

Insulting people just shows a limited brain capacity

That's exactly my point mate, so again why do we have to suffer claims of timposter when we differing views??

Well you dont. I think the important word here is "collective"....or pattern...

Well that is true if you mean there is a "pattern" growing on here as to the ones who it

Insulting is refusing to accept blatant facts presented Steely - adopting an entrenched viewpoint - or continually adopting a negative view of the club to the point where a member of admin suggests the "devils advocate" stance is wearing a bit thin.

If you have not followed those threads - fair enough - but in that case please dont attempt to lecture me on how I should treat others who I view as deliberately attempting to vilify our club continually.

The Stuff fish said had nothing at all whatsoever to do with what the thread was about.

He took it upon himself to say what he said, and he most certainly hasn't backed anything up.

Fishy never backs up anything, mate.

He's got internet Tourettes.

Sorry if I've breached the luvv in :kiss1:

we are all rangers fans ,and some people rangers is their life where others dont go that far,but im to old to change my ways, and my father and grandfather gave up so much just to follow the club,and older bears like them have done the same, i know times change but once that special feeling is inside you then thats you hooked,and make no mistake you will soon know if you have that feeling.

Insulting is refusing to accept blatant facts presented Steely - adopting an entrenched viewpoint - or continually adopting a negative view of the club to the point where a member of admin suggests the "devils advocate" stance is wearing a bit thin.

If you have not followed those threads - fair enough - but in that case please dont attempt to lecture me on how I should treat others who I view as deliberately attempting to vilify our club continually.

I haven't lectured you. I haven't even brought your name into anything.

I was making points of what I have seen.

If you feel I am lecturing you then I apologise for you feeling that way

In my humble opinion, we are each one of us, great Rangers supporters. Our reasons for supporting such a great club vary from person to person. Our ideals and beliefs vary from person to person. But not one view is wrong.

We all differ and that is why we debate. And I am sorry but anyone who tries to claim timposter because they can't agree with someone elses views has already lost the argument. They do not have the mental capacity to take in what is said and debate on it, so the resort to just calling said person a celtic fan.

It happens too often on here.

We as Rangers fans should be sticking together. Let the in fighting be left to the other side of Glasgow.

Treat each other with respect and everyone will have respect shown.

Insulting people just shows a limited brain capacity

Spot on (tu)

The Stuff fish said had nothing at all whatsoever to do with what the thread was about.

He took it upon himself to say what he said, and he most certainly hasn't backed anything up.

Fishy never backs up anything, mate.

He's got internet Tourettes.

Sorry if I've breached the luvv in :kiss1:

you are absolutely right mate

we are all rangers fans ,and some people rangers is their life where others dont go that far,but im to old to change my ways, and my father and grandfather gave up so much just to follow the club,and older bears like them have done the same, i know times change but once that special feeling is inside you then thats you hooked,and make no mistake you will soon know if you have that feeling.

I agree with you Minstral. I have been a Ranger since the 70's. Maybe not as long as you, but I know what it emans to grow up in that way.

I respect everyone's differing views on their support of Rangers.

I may not agree with it all. but I will certainly respect it.

No apologies required Steely... I never took it personally...but you did lay out a format for conduct on the boards - I think actually we are talking about 2 different things. You are talking about disagreements between people who have the clubs best interests at heart...I am talking about something entirely different.

No apologies required Steely... I never took it personally...but you did lay out a format for conduct on the boards - I think actually we are talking about 2 different things. You are talking about disagreements between people who have the clubs best interests at heart...I am talking about something entirely different.

You are right I am talking about disagreements between people who have the clubs best interests at heart. But I am also talking about respecting those disagreements even if you can't agree with them.

It is no hard thing to treat someone with respect. Again mate I am not lecturing at all, just putting an opinion across.

There is absolutely no need to call someone a w*nker just because they don't agree with you. There is absolutely no need to call someone a timposter just because their views are different.

They are differing views, but all views are inevitably going towards the same target

They are differing views, but all views are inevitably going towards the same target

Thats the part I am not convinced of.

Well that is the nature of debate mate. No one is convinced of the others cause, because they have their own cause and they believe that to be the true way forward.

So we debate it. Talk about it. Chances are you wont change the other persons mind because you ahve your view and you'll stick to it. But the each others' views should be, at least, respected.

As I said earlier, is that too much to ask.

Am I out of order asking that we respect each other??

Don't get me wrong, I know sometimes debate can get heated, I have seen as much. But at least we could all have a command of respect towards each other, without resorting to caling someone names or questioning their allegience

Well that is the nature of debate mate. No one is convinced of the others cause, because they have their own cause and they believe that to be the true way forward.

So we debate it. Talk about it. Chances are you wont change the other persons mind because you ahve your view and you'll stick to it. But the each others' views should be, at least, respected.

Don't get me wrong, I know sometimes debate can get heated, I have seen as much. But at least we could all have a command of respect towards each other, without resorting to caling someone names or questioning their allegience

And thats where we differ...

I do not see using any available opportunity to discredit our club or support as debate - heated or otherwise.

You have your own conclusions as to how posters should behave towards one another - I have no problem with that or what you suggest - what I disagree with is that every poster on this site is heading towards the same target.

And thats where we differ...

I do not see using any available opportunity to discredit our club or support as debate - heated or otherwise.

You have your own conclusions as to how posters should behave towards one another - I have no problem with that or what you suggest - what I disagree with is that every poster on this site is heading towards the same target.

It could be argued that your view to "discredit," is their view of taking forward. That was what I meant about differing opinons going towards the same goal.

If we all thought the same the threads would be null and void. We each one are different.

I don't know anyone elses view mate, nor do I know yours. I am simply suggesting that both views are going towards the same target.

You don't have to agree with that and I will respect that. You think some people are bringing discredit to the club and that is fair enough. That is your view of the situation. I pray that it is not so.

Harsh would be the day if that were true

It could be argued that your view to "discredit," is their view of taking forward. That was what I meant about differing opinons going towards the same goal.

If we all thought the same the threads would be null and void. We each one are different.

I don't know anyone elses view mate, nor do I know yours. I am simply suggesting that both views are going towards the same target.

You don't have to agree with that and I will respect that. You think some people are bringing discredit to the club and that is fair enough. That is your view of the situation. I pray that it is not so.

D'Art can speak for himself but imo what he is getting at is that some of us are sure that not everyone on this board does have Rangers' best interests at heart.

It is not a disagreement amongst friends in some cases.

D'Art can speak for himself but imo what he is getting at is that some of us are sure that not everyone on this board does have Rangers' best interests at heart.

It is not a disagreement amongst friends in some cases.

That's fair enough mate.

I don't know everyone so therefore can only speculate.

In all honesty I have not spoken to anyone on here that has made me think the do not support rangers. No matter their view point.

I can mostly see everyones point of view. I wont always agree with the point of view, but I can always see it

I wont always agree with the point of view, but I can always see it

It would be my idea of hell to live in a world where everyone agreed about everything.

It would be mines as well mate.

That was why i made the origianl and subsequent threads about respecting other peoples opinions without calling them names and questioning their loyalty

There is on common denominator bears. We ALL love this famous club and if we criticise at times its because we want the best for the club and the Ibrox family.We are a special breed and if we argue amongst ourselves its only because we are the people and we dont want our standards to drop.One thing is for sure,we can and do argue within our community but woe betide any outsider having a go at us and just watch how we can come together as one,and thats really what its all about.So continue to debate but not with malice only in a common bond of brotherhood because we are priveliged to be part of something special - RANGERS FC. :D