Is it a bad sign??!?

3 hours ago, Smile said:

Warburton nullified his own system by buying older less mobile players even watching the League Cup games it was obvious.

I really don't know what's happened to be honest. 

We were playing free flowing, attacking, possession football - even against premier league sides and it was successful.

However, it's like we're keeping possession but have slowed down, which has allowed other teams to come back at as and attack, stifle our attack by getting bodies back and dictate the tempo themselves. 

When we play fast we are dangerous, that's clear, and I cannot see us signing the older players will slow things down too much.

We're not just talking about running around with the ball rapidly, we're talking about fast passing exchanges, are you telling me the likes of Barton, Miller and Niko cannot think and pass fast?

I cannot see the older lads coming into our side changing the way we play in that sense, so I'm confused as to what's happened.

1 hour ago, 55Bear said:

I don't think age is everything. If you feel so then why not look at the squads age as an average?

Rangers average age is 26.2, compare that with the rest of the league and take from it what you will....

St Johnstone - 26.4

Partick - 25.2

Dundee - 24.3

Septic - 25.6

Killy - 22.9

Motherwell - 26.5

Ross C - 27.6

Sheep - 26.2

Hearts - 24.5

ICT - 26.5

The argument wasn't to drop all other high priority team winning components for having the perfect age mixture, it was to include it...

1 hour ago, Smile said:

It's like me comparing Ronaldo to Moh and you expecting to take my point seriously. We have slowed down with the players we are picking now, we would be quicker with Windass or Rossiter over say Barton and Kranjcar but for whatever reason, Warburton has us playing a slower less mobile game.

it is completely different, literally all i am saying is you do not need to be fast to be good in that position. There are many good players in that position that are quite slow, Busquets, De Rossi, Motta, Xabi Alonso.. Or how about Hemdani, he wasn't exactly a pace demon but he was more than comfortable in that position. 

5 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

it is completely different, literally all i am saying is you do not need to be fast to be good in that position. There are many good players in that position that are quite slow, Busquets, De Rossi, Motta, Xabi Alonso.. Or how about Hemdani, he wasn't exactly a pace demon but he was more than comfortable in that position. 

You seem to care more about this point than me to be honest. i gave my opinion whether it agrees with your take on things doesn't bother me in the least.

I never rated Hemdani as he slowed the play down too much but i guess that's another topic not this one.

Dont take threads so seriously like it's life or death they are breaks between wanks for me.

5 hours ago, 55Bear said:

I don't think age is everything. If you feel so then why not look at the squads age as an average?

Rangers average age is 26.2, compare that with the rest of the league and take from it what you will....

St Johnstone - 26.4

Partick - 25.2

Dundee - 24.3

Septic - 25.6

Killy - 22.9

Motherwell - 26.5

Ross C - 27.6

Sheep - 26.2

Hearts - 24.5

ICT - 26.5

For me its not age but pace which is lacking from our team bar the wee glimpse we had of Windass who looked rapid as does Moh.

Pace in key positions is the key i think. Old Players are just not something you build a squad around unless you view your stay here as short term(a bit off topic).

4 hours ago, Smile said:

Warburton nullified his own system by buying older less mobile players even watching the League Cup games it was obvious.

When Holt came on as sub against Peterhead his energy was obvious. Getting in among the players and constantly moving showing great urgency yet he can't get into the team. We are playing a slower game in midfield now. The faster passing game takes a lot of energy and it looks like MW is not keen on it at the moment 

3 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

When Holt came on as sub against Peterhead his energy was obvious. Getting in among the players and constantly moving showing great urgency yet he can't get into the team. We are playing a slower game in midfield now. The faster passing game takes a lot of energy and it looks like MW is not keen on it at the moment 

I think Holts not been fit but i do think we have slowed down whether intentionally on Warbutons part or not, last season at the start of the season we were steamrolling teams with our fast passing game we looked a lot fitter and a lot sharper in every area, hopefully we get back to that as teams just couldn't handle it.