Monitor or projector for console?

j1mgg

I use to use a 22" lg tv, then started to use a projector, and was wondering if lag would be noticeable enough to effect online fps multiplayer

Benq w2000 1080p projector onto a 106" screen sitting 2.4m away

Or should I look a getting a console gaming monitor and go back to the sitting close to the screen, was maybe looking at the benq zowie 24 or 27 screen.

Cheers

8 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

I was also thinking about lag as well, will need to see how I can set up my ps4 with a monitor.

Input lag will lower with the response times.  You can get TVs that has 1mm response times.  If you're concerned about in game lag chaeck out the Netduma Router.

31 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Why would you bother buying a console gaming monitor? I've never had any lag on a 7 year old LG TV

I bought a 50" Plasma to play Call of Duty and it gave me motion sickness.  I ended up sitting pretty far away from it.  I sold it and bought a small monitor and it was much better but that's just my preference.  I know plenty of people who use massive TVs for playing games and have no issue.

I've watched a number of videos on youtube and some insist input lag makes a difference when it comes to twitch shooters.  Although, I'm not convinced this matters to the casual gamer.  Is it worth spending money on a monitor if the primary aim is reducing input lag?  No.

On 09/09/2016 at 10:11 PM, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

These two monitors are very good:

ASUS VG248QE
BenQ XL2411Z

Both have a 1mm response times and have 144hz.  Reasonably priced for the good specs. 

Went for the benq RL 24 inch, as it is for a console I don't need the 144hz. My projector has a 50ms response time, so that rules out the projector for multiplayer.

40 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It honestly felt just like motion sickness.  I sometimes get the same feeling when I go to the cinema and watch those 'found footage' type movies and the cameras all over the fucken place.

You're definitely one massive poof mate if you get motion sickness watching the telly and going to cinema.