40 years ago today

15 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Friendly match - Aston Villa 2 Rangers 0 (abandoned due to exuberance). 

One of the more eventful away trips, anyone else there?

Everything seemed to be in party mode then a fenian tricolor was hoisted in the Villa end and all hell broke loose.
Heard on the way home that it was cunt who attended the special school in Ayr.
 He followed the bheasts and it was supposed to be him who waved the fenian rag and he couldn't get out of the place quick enough when he saw the charge coming his way :mutley::uk:
The snottery cunt died years ago :D   

1 hour ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Everything seemed to be in party mode then a fenian tricolor was hoisted in the Villa end and all hell broke loose.
Heard on the way home that it was cunt who attended the special school in Ayr.
 He followed the bheasts and it was supposed to be him who waved the fenian rag and he couldn't get out of the place quick enough when he saw the charge coming his way :mutley::uk:
The snottery cunt died years ago :D   

I remember that, I think he got to the halfway line then saw dozens of Bears heading towards him and made a sharp exit ?

27 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I remember that, I think he got to the halfway line then saw dozens of Bears heading towards him and made a sharp exit ?

Jeezo!!!
Is that how old I was 40 years ago.
As for the match itself,one old duffer from St Johns Ambulance Service said at the time that he "had been on duty at the Bay City Rollers concert and it was nothing like this".
There we have it people.
We were compared to a BCR concert and I cannot help myself from laughing out loud :party::cheers:

20 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Jeezo!!!
Is that how old I was 40 years ago.
As for the match itself,one old duffer from St Johns Ambulance Service said at the time that he "had been on duty at the Bay City Rollers concert and it was nothing like this".
There we have it people.
We were compared to a BCR concert and I cannot help myself from laughing out loud :party::cheers:

Shang-a-Lang Loyal 

50 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

I was at the game Harland. Trouble was brewing all day, at the match itself it all kicked off when they scored the 2nd. Bottles flying etc. I was down the front and ended up on the pitch. It was a scary experiance, I was only 15 at the time.

Our bus went down with 50 on IT and came back with 48, to be fair the two did get homev3 month later.

34 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Our bus went down with 50 on IT and came back with 48, to be fair the two did get homev3 month later.

Our bus got held back at Kendal service station on the way down. One of the guys robbed the till. Cops called, they were going to jail the whole bus unless the guy owned up to it, thankfully he did and was promptly knicked. Turned out he was one of these guys just along for the ride and to do a bit of thieving, not really a fan. Bellend

48 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Rontnur bus got heend back at Kendal service station on the way down. One of the guys robbed the till. Cops callwastd, they were going to jail the whole bus unless the guy owned up to it, thankfully he did and was promptly knicked. Turned out he was one of these guys just along for the ride and to do a bit of thieving, not really a fan. Bellend

Our had to go via a window repair shop to get 2 windows refitted, the bus was that old they never had a bit to fit so plywood was cut and fitted as IT was side windows, I was lucky as I was IN front of them because the noise and freezing wind coming IN the gaps meant coats hats and scarves for all the guys up the back but T shirts and shorts for the rest due to the heating being on full tilt.

One of the guys jailed never everv went back to the football As his mum woukd have killed him and he must have been 23 vat the time! Sadly he passed away a few years later down the pit where he workedvas a spark.

2 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Our had to go via a window repair shop to get 2 windows refitted, the bus was that old they never had a bit to fit so plywood was cut and fitted as IT was side windows, I was lucky as I was IN front of them because the noise and freezing wind coming IN the gaps meant coats hats and scarves for all the guys up the back but T shirts and shorts for the rest due to the heating being on full tilt.

One of the guys jailed never everv went back to the football As his mum woukd have killed him and he must have been 23 vat the time! Sadly he passed away a few years later down the pit where he workedvas a spark.

What happened to my first sentence there? :D Your post don't look to clever either in parts :D

A lot of buses bailed out after the game, I remember some guys pleading with  us to go with them up to Liverpool Apprentice Boys club as they thought it would be carnage in the city centre that night. We stayed till midnight, the police made all the buses leave from police headquarters.