Has King put any money in?

1ClubMan72

From my calculations Dave King has invested in shares only!

The players brought in amount to our ST money, therefore I think its high time King got out his check book and he did what he said he would over invest & give us a team we deserve. We stood by him and helped him get his position, now its time he repaid our faith in him & his board.

Come on Dave don't be another user like so many others in the recent past.

3 minutes ago, Alec87 said:

The club has (and probably still is) running at a loss each & every month. Who do you think is picking that up ?

The club are, not Dave King,  every time they or anyone puts money in, they get shares for it, or the promise (legal documents) that once a share issue happens they get x amount,  so they are not really putting anything in, they are buying shares. Nobody but us loyal supporters have put in money without asking for a return, except on the field or to the stadium.

We are not in this for ourselves, we are in it for the team & club.

While they are all in it for themselves.

11 minutes ago, Alec87 said:

The club has (and probably still is) running at a loss each & every month. Who do you think is picking that up ?

Well that's the boards fault, its their responsibility to provide revenue streams. 2 what are they doing to change that?

41 minutes ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

The players brought in amount to our ST money, therefore I think its high time King got out his check book and he did what he said he would over invest & give us a team we deserve. We stood by him and helped him get his position, now its time he repaid our faith in him & his board.

Hard to tell if he's put anything in, he made sure there was no nomad and took us off the stock exchange.  No transparency but that was his goal

46 minutes ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

See if you look at the wages were probs dug out to pay diddies such as Barton, Senderos, Doodoo ect and £1.8m for Garner is that not putting money in?

The signings we made in the summer window have all been very poor so far.

Many will disagree but there was a lot better talent we seen last year that we could of snapped up. Personally annoying wee fanny that he is we should of signed Cummings from hibs, not someone who scored 6 goals in 44 appearances last year. 

1 minute ago, BillyG93 said:

See if you look at the wages were probs dug out to pay diddies such as Barton, Senderos, Doodoo ect and £1.8m for Garner is that not putting money in?

The signings we made in the summer window have all been very poor so far.

Many will disagree but there was a lot better talent we seen last year that we could of snapped up. Personally annoying wee fanny that he is we should of signed Cummings from hibs, not some who scored 6 goals in 44 appearances last year. 

I'm not doubting we spent millions, but that's ST money only IMO from my rough calculations, its only ST money & maybe a bit of sponsorship money on top.

Agree with signings not being good too, but had the board gave MW real money IMO he would have done much better.

1 hour ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

I'm not doubting we spent millions, but that's ST money only IMO from my rough calculations, its only ST money & maybe a bit of sponsorship money on top.

Agree with signings not being good too, but had the board gave MW real money IMO he would have done much better.

No idea what they have or haven't put in.

What is the season ticket income? Less than £20m?

Operational costs including wages will probably be near £30m this year.

Season ticket money doesn't cover costs never mind buy players.

5 minutes ago, MasterD said:

You way over estimate the overheads, operational costs, the reason we get players from English 3rd & 4th divisions is they're not on big money, even Halliday etc were not on big bucks before coming here. Barton & Niko might be on big bucks but most of our squad are not.

12 minutes ago, MasterD said:

It covered the costs of what we brought in close season. It's what we survive on herein after that bothers me. It's how king runs businesses!

14 minutes ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

You way over estimate the overheads, operational costs, the reason we get players from English 3rd & 4th divisions is they're not on big money, even Halliday etc were not on big bucks before coming here. Barton & Niko might be on big bucks but most of our squad are not.

I don't, last seasons accounts were £26m operational costs. They will have increased this year. There is more to costs than wages.

Edit, that was 2015 accounts I think. No idea what the latest were but probably similar.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It covered the costs of what we brought in close season. It's what we survive on herein after that bothers me. It's how king runs businesses!

But he said on many occasions "If there is no major investment, 10 in a row is likely" He also said he would invest & over invest if needed.

I think its obv needed. Did he say all those things just to get shares a very low price & himself onto our board?

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

I don't, last seasons accounts were £26m operational costs. They will have increased this year. There is more to costs than wages.

Last year we were in a lower division with a lot less income & a lot less ST money

We also let a number of players go & brought in guys on lesser contracts, so I stand by my opinion on finances.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

They will need to invest at some point this season just to keep things going, doubtful much if any of that will come from King right enough.

They are another hopeless bunch.

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

They will need to invest at some point this season just to keep things going, doubtful much if any of that will come from King right enough.

They are another hopeless bunch.

I wish somebody would do the right thing by us

We are a diddy club that has 50k fans every home game, you couldn't make that up, they also had a chance to up the ST price but kept them at 2012 prices, not very good business but a great PR excuse to wheel out when everything is going south, soundbites, King loves them. Seriously though, we are going nowhere for years under this lot, in fact a lot of fans on here keep reminding me and have already accepted the fact and back King to the hilt to deliver mediocrity for years to come.

14 minutes ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

But he said on many occasions "If there is no major investment, 10 in a row is likely" He also said he would invest & over invest if needed.

I think its obv needed. Did he say all those things just to get shares a very low price & himself onto our board?

Someone bar this wee tarrier bastard.

3 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Someone bar this wee tarrier bastard.

I have no idea whether he is or he isn’t that,  but we desperately need more investment. MW is getting slated here but no manager can deliver results without getting the proper level of finance, and at the moment we are far short of where we should be. We have a management team that could take us very far if they have the right level of finance behind them.