Not at the Races

cushynumber

Not at the Races

Another Old Firm game and another defeat for Rangers.  With  Mark Warburton setting aside his 4-3-3 philosophy for  a more pragmatic 4-4-2 approach in an attempt to make the team harder to beat and avoid another heavy defeat, early signs pointed to a damage limitation exercise for Warburtons team. This proved to be the case and while the score line at the final whistle was not as bad as the 5-1 league game earlier in the season,  this was largely down to a fine display from Matt Gilks on his old firm debut,  combined with no small amount of luck and poor refereeing.

It wasn’t  5-1 - but it easily could have been.

Yet another game goes by where some of Warburtons players who are commanding first team starts, appear simply not up to the job at hand. The inclusion of Barry Mackay - when all previous form this season has suggested he didn’t  remotely deserve a starting place -  defies logic. Yet start he did - and was dully subbed after yet another ineffectual display. One wonders how many chances Mackay is going to get to try and turn his season around.

Read more at:

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/news/index.php/news/matches/cup/185-not-at-the-races

On 26/10/2016 at 11:56 AM, cushynumber said:

Not at the Races

Another Old Firm game and another defeat for Rangers.  With  Mark Warburton setting aside his 4-3-3 philosophy for  a more pragmatic 4-4-2 approach in an attempt to make the team harder to beat and avoid another heavy defeat, early signs pointed to a damage limitation exercise for Warburtons team. This proved to be the case and while the score line at the final whistle was not as bad as the 5-1 league game earlier in the season,  this was largely down to a fine display from Matt Gilks on his old firm debut,  combined with no small amount of luck and poor refereeing.

Yet another game goes by where some of Warburtons players who are commanding first team starts, appear simply not up to the job at hand. The inclusion of Barry Mackay - when all previous form this season has suggested he didn’t  remotely deserve a starting place -  defies logic. Yet start he did - and was dully subbed after yet another ineffectual display. One wonders how many chances Mackay is going to get to try and turn his season around.

Read more at:

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/news/index.php/news/matches/cup/185-not-at-the-races

It's going to be a tough old season now and again we see a wee Glimmer of hope but i think we all know we are not a very good team.

On 26/10/2016 at 11:56 AM, cushynumber said:

Not at the Races

Read more at:

That was a good read, mate. 

I really liked it infact as it pulls no punches, tells a few home truths and is still fairly constructive too.

and what I like best is the fact that it's refreshing to hear someone who writes articles that's published on a stage like that to be critical and honest. On other outlets, platforms, social media, blogs, Twitter's and forums it's people doing rallying, head in the sand, supportive articles basically for the sake of it and likes because it's what people think they want to hear rather than the actual truth - which you've done.

11 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

Yeah, sorry for the delay in getting it to "print", so to speak. 

Unfortunate timing, given the spirit lifting win at the weekend, which may just have lessened the impact a little.

With some of the requisite changes having been made.

Good points though & one swallow doesn't make a summer, etc.

On 31/10/2016 at 11:45 PM, HG5 said:

Unfortunate timing, given the spirit lifting win at the weekend, which may just have lessened the impact a little.

I for one am delighted to see some of the points raised in the the article as it was written at the time,  now being adressed. I don't think it negates  from some of the points - especially  MOH's impact.

The timing is logistical more than anything. 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I for one am delighted to see some of the points raised in the the article as it was written at the time,  now being adressed. I don't think it negates  from some of the points - especially  MOH's impact.

The timing is logistical more than anything. 

I know, can't be easy!

Must say, I'm astonished myself at the apparent turnaround over the week - that could have been published any other week of the season & still been relevant!

We looked to be working harder, but due regard should be given to how bad Killie were.

And we will never ever get as big a helping hand as Stevie Smith's rugby tackle, at a point where we were doing well, but not quite having the scores on the doors that our overall play deserved!

23 hours ago, HG5 said:

I know, can't be easy!

Must say, I'm astonished myself at the apparent turnaround over the week - that could have been published any other week of the season & still been relevant!

We looked to be working harder, but due regard should be given to how bad Killie were.

And we will never ever get as big a helping hand as Stevie Smith's rugby tackle, at a point where we were doing well, but not quite having the scores on the doors that our overall play deserved!

Stevie smith- he's one of our own:pipe:

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Stevie smith- he's one of our own:pipe:

??

I seem to recall thinking something along those lines at the time!

Was going to post elsewhere, when folk were talking about Boyd enjoying his return, he didn't show just as much gratitude as Stevie!

On 01/11/2016 at 0:05 AM, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

At least if you're trying to write a fancy article please proof read it and get the players name right.

First and Second name incorrect for Barrie McKay is pretty poor in my opinion.

Your right with barries name.

But fancy article? 

57 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

At least if you're trying to write a fancy article please proof read it and get the players name right.

First and Second name incorrect for Barrie McKay is pretty poor in my opinion.

Constructive criticism is welcome, but the snide tone, apparently devoid of any humour, is a bit unnecessary and comes across as quite pathetic, especially considering we're all unpaid amateurs, doing it for the love of Rangers in our free time. 

A quick google reveals that multi-billion pound professional sports news outlets have got his name wrong  too. 

Had you made even half the contribution cushynumber has, your criticism would have been seen as far less churlish than it currently looks.

Feel free to prove your own worth in this area should you wish to volunteer your time towards writing an article for us.

7 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

Constructive criticism is welcome, but the snide tone, apparently devoid of any humour, is a bit unnecessary and comes across as quite pathetic, especially considering we're all unpaid amateurs, doing it for the love of Rangers in our free time. 

A quick google reveals that multi-billion pound professional sports news outlets have got his name too. 

Had you made even half the contribution cushynumber has, your criticism would have been seen as far less churlish than it currently looks.

Feel free to prove your own worth in this area should you wish to volunteer your time towards writing an article for us.

(tu) it was a really good article.

Spelling a players name wrong doesn't change that one bit.

If someone doesn't like the article then that's what the forum is here for to discuss it and say why. We're all adults.

As you say, we're all unpaid amateurs. I'm sure he's not claiming to be Shakespeare. 

16 hours ago, HG5 said:

Actually think the opposite.Think it's great timing and shows the stark difference playing the right players in the right positions with the right attitude makes.Also add playing players who show more of a hunger and desire to hold onto their starting positions bringing much needed competition for places.In many ways it highlights just how poor and unacceptable the performances have been up until Killie.

Now we know we have players who can perform we should accept no less effort and professionalism week in week out.The results may not always go our way but the performance level should never drop below last weeks standards.

1 hour ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Actually think the opposite.Think it's great timing and shows the stark difference playing the right players in the right positions with the right attitude makes.Also add playing players who show more of a hunger and desire to hold onto their starting positions bringing much needed competition for places.In many ways it highlights just how poor and unacceptable the performances have been up until Killie.

Now we know we have players who can perform we should accept no less effort and professionalism week in week out.The results may not always go our way but the performance level should never drop below last weeks standards.

Fair point mate?

As you say, that's the benchmark for effort, at least.

Should win many more than we lose if we keep those levels up!

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Fair point mate?

As you say, that's the benchmark for effort, at least.

Should win many more than we lose if we keep those levels up!

My thoughts exactly.Been for me the most frustrating aspect of the performances for a while.The complete lack of tempo coupled with the apparent lack of effort.I am never happy dropping points but if I can see every player has given their all I can accept things just didn't go our way.Thats the great game of football after all.

Personally for me on far too many occassions I have left after a match feeling this wasn't the case.Players were underperforming,not giving their all and unworthy of wearing our great strip.

Last Saturday showed the first shoots of turning this round.Why it's taken so long I am truly mystified but we can only hope the tide has turned.

Performance wise as fans we should not expect any less from now on.As for the players professionally they should be demanding this from each other every game.

As you say,maintain this level and we will win far more than we lose.

2 hours ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

12 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

My thoughts exactly.Been for me the most frustrating aspect of the performances for a while.The complete lack of tempo coupled with the apparent lack of effort.I am never happy dropping points but if I can see every player has given their all I can accept things just didn't go our way.Thats the great game of football after all.

Personally for me on far too many occassions I have left after a match feeling this wasn't the case.Players were underperforming,not giving their all and unworthy of wearing our great strip.

Last Saturday showed the first shoots of turning this round.Why it's taken so long I am truly mystified but we can only hope the tide has turned.

Performance wise as fans we should not expect any less from now on.As for the players professionally they should be demanding this from each other every game.

(tu)

On the money with both your posts mate.

:uk:

1 hour ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

My thoughts too?

On 1 November 2016 at 1:04 AM, K.A.I said:

(tu) it was a really good article.

Spelling a players name wrong doesn't change that one bit.

If someone doesn't like the article then that's what the forum is here for to discuss it and say why. We're all adults.

As you say, we're all unpaid amateurs. I'm sure he's not claiming to be Shakespeare. 

To bea or not to bee that is the questian....