Massive opportunity thrown away

Bruno's Manbun

We had the chance to go joint 2nd in the league tonight, with Hearts going 2-0 down at Kilmarnock, and we fucked it.

First half was outstanding in my option, apart from the obvious early goal given away. We showed pace, intelligence, work off the ball and good forward play. 

One gripe I've had for a while is the players being too static off the ball. One thing I noticed tonight was a lot more movement, but individuals on the ball not opting to use the runners and sticking with the safe pass, usually back into central mid or back to defence. Frustrating to see. 

Good points to take from tonight, MoH, Windass, Forrester and Garner to an extent all showed what they can do. 

Poor points - second half was awful, spineless almost. If it was any Rangers team of old, there would be hamstrings bursting open to drive play forward and create that game winning goal. I saw no such determination from the players tonight. 5 minutes on the clock and opting to pass back to the defence instead of piling forward is basically settling for a draw and it's not fucking good enough. Also, Martyn Waghorn - pretty sure he lost possession every touch he had.

5 home games this season and 3 ending in draws is terrible, and the very reason we are in 5th place instead of 2nd. Every home game should be 3 points in the bag.

We must do better and be a team of 90 minutes instead of 45. 

Y'know this disappointment or whatever over 2nd place is really doing my nut in. I want a winning team on the pitch. No way will I be celebrating getting 2nd place. It might be better than 3rd; 4th etc but so fuck. I want to see a settled side that looks like winning every game. If not 1st I don't care where we finish but I do expect to have optimism for the near future. Get it sorted in January and give us back some hope that we will be challenging for every trophy soon.

10 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

We had the chance to go joint 2nd in the league tonight, with Hearts going 2-0 down at Kilmarnock, and we fucked it.

First half was outstanding in my option, apart from the obvious early goal given away. We showed pace, intelligence, work off the ball and good forward play. 

One gripe I've had for a while is the players being too static off the ball. One thing I noticed tonight was a lot more movement, but individuals on the ball not opting to use the runners and sticking with the safe pass, usually back into central mid or back to defence. Frustrating to see. 

Good points to take from tonight, MoH, Windass, Forrester and Garner to an extent all showed what they can do. 

Poor points - second half was awful, spineless almost. If it was any Rangers team of old, there would be hamstrings bursting open to drive play forward and create that game winning goal. I saw no such determination from the players tonight. 5 minutes on the clock and opting to pass back to the defence instead of piling forward is basically settling for a draw and it's not fucking good enough. Also, Martyn Waghorn - pretty sure he lost possession every touch he had.

5 home games this season and 3 ending in draws is terrible, and the very reason we are in 5th place instead of 2nd. Every home game should be 3 points in the bag.

We must do better and be a team of 90 minutes instead of 45. 

Think you need to change your name!

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Y'know this disappointment or whatever over 2nd place is really doing my nut in. I want a winning team on the pitch. No way will I be celebrating getting 2nd place. It might be better than 3rd; 4th etc but so fuck. I want to see a settled side that looks like winning every game. If not 1st I don't care where we finish but I do expect to have optimism for the near future. Get it sorted in January and give us back some hope that we will be challenging for every trophy soon.

My point is if we had the drive and determination a Rangers team should have, we would have pushed for and got that second goal and driven ourselves 3 places up the table. We lacked that completely in the second half and as a result are exactly where we were 2 hours ago.

But we're learning though. We'll train well,  play the same way and be back here at 5pm on Saturday saying the exact same things. 

This is a squad capable of much more but not being maximised as we have PLG MK. II making the decisions. 

15 games at the start of last season we were good, but now we are that predictable teams play us knowing exactly what they neer to do. 

We are going nowhere jusr now and I don't care if i get slated for it here or not because the performances and results don't lie. 

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

But we're learning though. We'll train well,  play the same way and be back here at 5pm on Saturday saying the exact same things. 

This is a squad capable of much more but not being maximised as we have PLG MK. II making the decisions. 

15 games at the start of last season we were good, but now we are that predictable teams play us knowing exactly what they neer to do. 

We are going nowhere jusr now and I don't care if i get slated for it here or not because the performances and results don't lie. 

But we're learning though. We'll train well - I hope he doesn't come out with this in the post match.

A month ago I would have been the first to back up the gaffer but my confidence is dwindling after every result like this. I just wish he'd adapt game to game and not think we will just walk through opponents because we pass the ball well. And try something other than this 433. I reckon the squad we had tonight playing a 451 would have been a lot more effective.

12 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Press Rangers and slow the game down. Simple. At least a point.