Why wasn't it a red card when...

Torontoblue76

15 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Cynical as fuck but they were all yellows.

RC did what they had to do to earn a point.

We didn't do what we had to do and lost 2 points.

I'd agree except one against Windass where the guy had had his arm around his neck...that deserves more than yellow.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

simple yellow.......all 6 of their cards were for calculated fouls.....but they were still yellows

Not reading all the replies but if taking one for the team through a tackle, like legs on legs (it is football) then perhaps a yellow, but fucking hooking someone round the neck ffs

Red all day long

13 hours ago, Inigo said:

I'd maybe propose something radical for challenges like the blatant ones from yesterday. A yellow and a free kick given inside 25 yards from wherever the attacking team want to place the ball, including the penalty area. You'd need to decide what scope of challenge it covered though, and how to describe the offence.

Agree, and sin bin.

When a yellow is dished out for foul play then the advantage of having fouled is still with the offending team. If that yellow results in a tot-up ban then the next opponents of the offenders get the advantage.

A yellow for foul play should have the player sent to the sin bin and thereby the offended team get the advantage. Same as rugby. The constant fouling by the persistent wankers in football will soon disappear, or the wankers will disappear from the team sheet.

Yesterday could have seen us play 11 v 7 players if we toughen up on the cunts ruining the game.

Our performance is another question entirely.

8 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So run quicker that's it. 

I agree we should still be able to win the game, but that doesn't take away from the fact they cheated to gain an advantage. 

The laws of football mean the foul is open to interpretation. But most refs in Scotland would only issue a yellow, the fouls came when 2 of our players left theres for dead. That itself tells me to carry on the same way going through the middle as they could either risk a red card or let the Rangers player skip past them. If a defender then does it, it restricts a goal scoring opportunity and is a straight red.

well never know ofcourse but I think it's highly likely a red would've came if we never persisted with going down the wings and getting no fruition

8 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

Not reading all the replies but if taking one for the team through a tackle, like legs on legs (it is football) then perhaps a yellow, but fucking hooking someone round the neck ffs

Red all day long

That wasn't my post.  I had replied to that post and was stating red cards should have been dished out.