Kris Boyd says it as it is

jintybear

On 13/11/2016 at 10:50 PM, AlCapone said:

So if we needed rangers players in the Scotland squad to show the winning way, how come Scotland never qualified for anything for the previous 14 years?

Exactly!  Boyd talking pish. Even when we were winning everything Scotland were shit. Stupid journalism

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/11/2016 at 8:36 PM, ZZed said:

Scotland will succeed when we have enough Scottish players with the talent to succeed. I think the Kris was talking about a winning mentality that vanished when we went to the 3rd. Septic had the league in the bag before a ball was kicked, with no one to fear the whole level of the top league dropped. This drop in level meant that we had less Scottish player used to having to win week in week out and it is showing in the Scottish performances. I think he has a point but we as a club and country have not been producing enough talented players since the early 90s. I think this is a reflection on a focus on hoof ball football and big lads running around kicking the ball and other players hard at all levels. To get skill we and the Tims needed, we had to get them from abroad as we could no longer produce them our selves. Neil McCann was the last truly talented Rangers player who was Scottish that I can think of.

If I recall correctly; the SFA wanted us to stay but if we had to go down it was to the Championship. The SPL voted to send us out and the SFL said that if we went to thier league then it was to the 3rd. The SFA were guilty of delaying giving us our licence to play and sign players.  

Same nonsense. Who did we have that would light up a Scottish team? This argument is futile. That Scotland are shit is v little to do with our issues and all to do with the idiots at the SFA