Kris Boyd says it as it is

jintybear

Amazing how a couple of haters always twist things towards their hatred of former players - especially in an article like this that is both honest and supportive but Some RM members seem to support a 'Hate conquers all' position. 

On boyds comments he is spot on - having Rangers in the lower divisions has generally weakened the pool of players a Scotland manager has to pick from - we all know it was to Scottish footballs detriment what happened ( except a few deranged souls ) 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Amazing how a couple of haters always twist things towards their hatred of former players - especially in an article like this that is both honest and supportive but Some RM members seem to support a 'Hate conquers all' position. 

On boyds comments he is spot on - having Rangers in the lower divisions has generally weakened the pool of players a Scotland manager has to pick from - we all know it was to Scottish footballs detriment what happened ( except a few deranged souls ) 

I have all the time in the world for Boyd regardless of his second spell and the poor form that came with it ,but I ju don't agree with his point . Scotland were still shite even when we were constantly in Europe and going to the last day with Celtic competing for the title a good few times . Our demotion has probably played a part but I doubt things would be too different with Scotland had it never happened 

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Boyd was never a great player, never had to be.

Would rather a retired Boyd than Miller tbf.

Can't agree there 

Boyd thrives in amongst a decent team who can supply him with plenty of balls around the box , as a natural finisher he will be bound to put them away when he was in his prime . Kenny on the other hand doesn't seem to need a strong team to do his business , look at what he has done this season and that is him at 36 

8 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Is it though? just seems on par these days with vogts and Levien time in charge of Scotland , the smith and mcleish years raised hopes that a major tournament was round the corner for the tartan tadgers but apart from that it has been same old same old for the last 18 years 

That's because they actually used Rangers players in the Scotland team, whereas the rest (vogts aside) either use mainly tim players or ex-tim players. 

The SFA tried to keep Rangers in the premier league, or at least in the 2Nd tier at worst - that's a fact. 

It was the SPL, it's hate filled chief executives and their fans campaigning and pressure that ensured that wouldn't happen. Then of course all the sfl members clubs accepted us but only on the bottom rung. It actually had little to do with the sfa in the end. 

Look at it this way- did you ever hear the threat of Scottish Cups being stripped from us? No you didn't because that's the sfa's tournament- the titles are the SPL'S 

I don't care what Kris Boyd says.  Guys was an absolute coward for us in the Championship and is partly responsible for us staying down a year longer than we should have.  Also, I'm glad the Scottish national side is shite and I hope it continues for a very long time. 

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Who are you referring to?

So Hanley is pish, Scotland are pish and the demotion of us to the lowest tier of football is at least partly to blame. Ground breaking stuff.

But where are the Scotland players that would be playing for Rangers right now? would playing for us have made them better? would Brown, Forrest, Gordon and griffiths be better players playing for Cellic than going elsewhere because they have a "winning mentality"?

I accpet that us being demoted has dented the Scotland team - to an extent - but there are real flaws in his argument in my opinion. The general standard of scottish player is pish and saying that playing for us or Cellic rather than the lower half of the EPL will make them better, is actually just so much rubbish when you think about it.

I just don't give a fuck if Scotland lose indeed i'd go one further and say i was quite chuffed to see them gubbed at Wembley. Also a relief knowing they won't be going to any world cup anytime soon thereby saving us from the embarrassing neds on display in Trafalgar Square humilating the country AGAIN. Those wee cuddly Scotland fans that everyone loves eh..whit they like. So sorry Boydy...couldn't give two fucks about any consequence our demotion brought on the national side. The fact is there was a concentrated effort to destroy and kill our club off and that is all i think about the last four years. Scottish national side? Couldn't give a toss and hope they continue to fail while the other home nations progress. 

4 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Can't agree there 

Boyd thrives in amongst a decent team who can supply him with plenty of balls around the box , as a natural finisher he will be bound to put them away when he was in his prime . Kenny on the other hand doesn't seem to need a strong team to do his business , look at what he has done this season and that is him at 36 

Was hoping for a bite with the second part mate.

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I don't care what Kris Boyd says.  Guys was an absolute coward for us in the Championship and is partly responsible for us staying down a year longer than we should have.  Also, I'm glad the Scottish national side is shite and I hope it continues for a very long time. 

Just like every player that season.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

That's not true.  I remember a young guy called Haris Vuckic coming in a doing very well for us.  How Boyd only managed to score one goal in the Scottish Championship I'll never know. 

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Was hoping for a bite with the second part mate.

Said before. If every player had left at the end of that season along with Boyd would anyone really have gave a fuck and I include Wallace and Miller in that as well.Every one of them were pish not just Boyd. Ffs you had an ex Rangers captain saying on national tv that the team couldn't string five passes together.Really and what did this ex captain do about that.Did he insist on his team mates staying for extra training until they got it right? no he and ALL the others not just Boyd fucked off home and thought they had all done a good job.Ye right oh.

3 hours ago, B1872 said:

Was it not the SPL member clubs that voted us down? 10 voted us down and Killie abstained or something? SFA have been infiltrated by Rangers hating scum but I don't think us being demoted was their fault.

It shouldn't have went to a vote in the first place.  The SFA and SPL should've made the decision themselves on whether or not to keep us in the SPL, but shat it under pressure from Lawwell and his puppets.