Brand of football

bombaybadboy08

4 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I was one of many slating Walter Smith then more recently Ally McCoist over the utter shite and boring style of football. Granted the former delivered a bag load of trophies and memories that will never fade but the football made me want to prise my eyes out. Before Warburton came along some even admitted that Le Guen maybe should have been given more time at Ibrox. 

Fast forward to the present day and we have a manager who believes in a style of football we have been crying out for, but can't produce the results required of a Rangers manager. 

Is the general consensus as Rangers manager now..

"Fuck the style of football, just win" ?

Just wondering as when we get back to where we should be as a club will we be hearing that we are boring etc? Threads for new managers to play exciting football?

I don't know where I stand right now tbh, I just cling onto the hope that we can play great football and win trophies but obviously when it comes to the crunch I want us as Champions and in the Champion's League . 

Total agreement, but the first thing we need to be is competitive and right now we are not.

I would love to watch us playing cavalier attacking football and be competitive in Europe and we are so far from this as to be fuckin pitiful.

If we had a continual improvement from up to last Xmas everyone on here apart from the Tim trolls would be happy, but we've regressed.

Everyone knows how to set up knowing they'll get a couple of chances to get in about us.

Sad state of affairs, loathe for any man to be sacked let alone a Rangers Manager but he really needs to come out now and show some mettle because it's becoming embarrassing.

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The 4-3-3 can work if you have the players but we simply dont.

Warburton is trying to fit the players into his system instead of finding a system that suits the players at his disposal..

That criticism would be just as valid if it was other people's players he was trying to crowbar into his pet formation. More damning that they're his choices.

I'm all for attractive football but feel now is not the time for it.  We don't have the finances to go toe to toe with Celtic playing the same formation, system, and brand of football.  We need something that can counter their tactics on a budget and that means big guys and direct play.  We have a number of players who could play a 3-5-2 which I think would suit us but we just need to bring in more physicality and start battering teams. 

5 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I was one of many slating Walter Smith then more recently Ally McCoist over the utter shite and boring style of football. Granted the former delivered a bag load of trophies and memories that will never fade but the football made me want to prise my eyes out. Before Warburton came along some even admitted that Le Guen maybe should have been given more time at Ibrox. 

Fast forward to the present day and we have a manager who believes in a style of football we have been crying out for, but can't produce the results required of a Rangers manager. 

Is the general consensus as Rangers manager now..

"Fuck the style of football, just win" ?

Just wondering as when we get back to where we should be as a club will we be hearing that we are boring etc? Threads for new managers to play exciting football?

I don't know where I stand right now tbh, I just cling onto the hope that we can play great football and win trophies but obviously when it comes to the crunch I want us as Champions and in the Champion's League . 

Smiths sides played to their strengths,  which was disciplined and counter attack.  We have a few gifted players that gave us the creativity we needed to break teams down. Warburton doesn't have the same level of quality that Smith had. 

If we want to be honest,  Mccoist attempted,  at least at first,  to adopt a similar style of play to Warburton but he was on a hiding to nothing through lack of ability and the players he had were for the most part were fucking woeful. 

If barrie on the left and Tav on the left of midfield could work with either haliday / Forrester / rossiter in the middle we might have a creative outlet.  

Up front we should be able to get direct balls to garner if he plays through the middle with guys like dodoo and moh at either side of him.  Regardless of what I think about the current squad I do believe that mw is capable and will get 55, 56 and possibly 57 for us....  Not necessarily in a row but I think he will get them.