What exactly are we "building"

K.A.I

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

How can you possibly say we have failed with the scouting? Macparland is in the door one year :lol: fuck sake mate calm doon.

We have failed so far as our scouting has been terrible. Are you denying this? seriously ....

and I won't calm down.  

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Rated highly by who? because we get fed all this shite about him being the best in the business by Warburton it makes it true? that man talks more shite than anyone else I can think of.

Having McParland scout players in the lower leagues of England is not a scouting network. That's one of the key area's we've failed on - I don't know how anyone can try and say we are doing good work there. 

I'd say the creation and success of the NextGen series justifies any self-appraisal from Warburton in regards to youth football development. You really can't deny that although I suspect you will.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

For argument's sake, we'll struggle to find another manager that will be able to change our youth system in the same manner that Warburton can. If someone comes in and undoes all of his work in that respect then I'll find that very damaging for Rangers. I'm not saying keep him for the sake of this because I think his time is sadly up, but let's not kid ourselves and act like we know better simply because of meaningless results in a failed youth league.

This is the guy who founded the NextGen series before UEFA saw £££s in it and tore it down to use as their own. After Smith, we all cried out for a 'one-size fits all' ethos from the senior team down to the U10s.

(tu) I honestly think this is what he is best at.

Just now, Essandoh said:

I'd say the creation and success of the NextGen series justifies any self-appraisal from Warburton in regards to youth football development. You really can't deny that although I suspect you will.

Head in the sand brigade starting to come into the fore now ...

Why are you talking about NextGen series? what's that got to do with what he's doing at Rangers? he's the manager of Rangers not a kids football side project.

What a way to attempt to deflect. 

32 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

I thought we could maybe stop them if we got them at home in the SC,  after last night I'm not sure we can even match Motherwell

The lop faced ladyboy and his plastic teeth gleaming in front of the 3 trophies makes me feel sick, our current manager is not going to stop them, I doubt he feels as queasy as we do about this ghastly prospect 

In my eyes we need to forget about them for the time being , fuck them and their treble . We have done it double the times they have and we WILL do it again sometime in the future , not trying to be uber staunch here or whatever but my priority is rangers and getting a team which is worthy of our name again , let them have their wee gloat because it won't last forever but it is up to this board to put their money where their mouth is and make sure it does not happen for too much longer . For now though I think it's back to the drawing board and using the second half of the season as a stabilising and building period for next season . we need to get back to having a consistently winning rangers , that right now is the priority . Once you have that in place the trophies and title challenges will happen . 

I am am not too certain what the answer is right now to find that formula again but it certainly is not this method and "project" we are embarking on just now 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I was talking about McParland ... but I never heard of Murty being highly rated or not tbh. Jury is still out on him. 

Well, if I argued about McParland that would have been easier perhaps. McParland sees players xyz, according to a budget. You know how these things work, identifying a player according to affordability etc? We have no money, relatively speaking; certainly with the clubs we compete for players with. We are recruiting potential mainly, with the emphasis on training. Graeme Murty is a sign of the kind of improvement we have made in coaching and developing players.

Just now, K.A.I said:

We have failed so far as our scouting has been terrible. Are you denying this? seriously ....

and I won't calm down.  

Frank Mcparland was employed as our chief scout at the end of last October. He inhereted a scouting network of precisely zero scouts. He has to build it from scratch.

6 months ago we were saying Windass, Crooks and Rossiter were superb signings? now its a terrible system? All of them have suffered from injuries but if even one of these lads eventually makes it (and Windass looks a decent bet at this stage) its a success.

Dont fuckin calm doon then. Its your blood pressure.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Well, if I argued about McParland that would have been easier perhaps. McParland sees players xyz, according to a budget. You know how these things work, identifying a player according to affordability etc? We have no money, relatively speaking; certainly with the clubs we compete for players with. We are recruiting potential mainly, with the emphasis on training. Graeme Murty is a sign of the kind of improvement we have made in coaching and developing players.

McParland won't know our budget - he will identify players in markets he's comfortable with and hand them over to the manager. That's how it worked before. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

McParland won't know our budget - he will identify players in markets he's comfortable with and hand them over to the manager. That's how it worked before. 

That is nonsense. McParland will know exactly what his remit is and who we are in terms of affording a player. You're not hurting more than me by the way, but both of us have no easy answer to all of this. We should at least agree on that.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

McParland's scouting ability is well documented and won't be damaged because of his work in two transfer windows (one in January) on a shoestring budget. He was a fantastic appointment and again if he was to leave then I really worry for Rangers going forward.

If Warburton has to go because of his failures in dictating on-the-pitch matters then that's a harsh reality we have to face regarding his tactical project of how the game 'should' be played. However, the worst thing we could do is then destroy all of the off-the-pitch infrastructures he's created around Auchenhowie and Ibrox. That is the absolute worst thing we could do.

The idea of some dinosaur like Davies coming and undoing all of that work is heartbreaking. We'll be back to where we were under McCoist.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Frank Mcparland was employed as our chief scout at the end of last October. He inhereted a scouting network of precisely zero scouts. He has to build it from scratch.

6 months ago we were saying Windass, Crooks and Rossiter were superb signings? now its a terrible system? All of them have suffered from injuries but if even one of these lads eventually makes it (and Windass looks a decent bet at this stage) its a success.

Dont fuckin calm doon then. Its your blood pressure.

You weren't before, but I think you are now one of the head in the sand brigade. Do you believe most of that? 6 months ago I never said anyone would be superb signings ... if you think back a few months ago when the user YerMaw made a thread about Rossiter is he what we need as he slows the play down I agreed with him on that and said I've my reservations and the 3/4 games he's played for us I don't think he's anything special ... Crooks and Windass ... again I said I had my reservations but it's a low risk gamble. Windass looks OK when he's fully fit and what I've seen of Crooks he looks shite although it's early.

I asked what exactly McParland has done for us and what makes him so good and people told me, on here that he persuaded Nico and Barton to sign. That's a glowing reference. 

The reason I'm saying we don't have a decent scouting network is because it's focused at one market only - we are missing out big time. That's undeniable.

I totally agree we need more, qualified scouts to expand our markets but we don't have that - so how am I wrong saying we aren't laying down good scouting foundations when, as you've just admitted, we don't have a scouting network ? 

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

McParland's scouting ability is well documented and won't be damaged because of his work in two transfer windows (one in January) on a shoestring budget. He was a fantastic appointment and again if he was to leave then I really worry for Rangers going forward.

If Warburton has to go because of his failures in dictating on-the-pitch matters then that's a harsh reality we have to face regarding his tactical project of how the game 'should' be played. However, the worst thing we could do is then destroy all of the off-the-pitch infrastructures he's created around Auchenhowie and Ibrox. That is the absolute worst thing we could do.

The idea of some dinosaur like Davies coming and undoing all of that work is heartbreaking. We'll be back to where we were under McCoist.

I think we need to keep Warburton, exactly for those reasons you state. I, however, agree with you and have my doubts about him lasting the season. I find it hard to appreciate, but it's possible.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That is nonsense. McParland will know exactly what his remit is and who we are in terms of affording a player. You're not hurting more than me by the way, but both of us have no easy answer to all of this. We should at least agree on that.

I do agree with your point at the end but regarding affording players - we've been in for players before and couldn't afford them ... that guy with the surname D from Brentford that went to Leeds. We couldn't afford him - do you think McParland would have done work on him if he knew we couldn't afford him?

Or the American forward in the summer we couldn't afford, either. 

I think we need to keep Warburton, exactly for those reasons you state. I, however, agree with you that I have my doubts about him lasting the season. I find it hard to appreciate, but it's possible.

Unfortunately I think he's more than likely out the door after Saturday. I can't defend him any longer if we lose yet another big game. It will be Hell in and out of Ibrox if Aberdeen win for the first time in 26 years.

Just now, K.A.I said:

I do agree with your point at the end but regarding affording players - we've been in for players before and couldn't afford them ... that guy with the surname D from Brentford that went to Leeds. We couldn't afford him - do you think McParland would have done work on him if he knew we couldn't afford him?

Or the American forward in the summer we couldn't afford, either. 

There is a slight caveat to that deal. We thought we had a realistic chance of signing him when we looked at him. We were right, but a higher bidder came in,

There is a slight caveat to that deal. We thought we had a realistic chance of signing him when we looked at him. We were right, but a higher bidder came in,

That's not true ... Leeds gave Brentford what they wanted. We never. It wasn't a case of highest bidder got him and Leeds pipped us. 

You weren't before, but I think you are now one of the head in the sand brigade. Do you believe most of that? 6 months ago I never said anyone would be superb signings ... if you think back a few months ago when the user YerMaw made a thread about Rossiter is he what we need as he slows the play down I agreed with him on that and said I've my reservations and the 3/4 games he's played for us I don't think he's anything special ... Crooks and Windass ... again I said I had my reservations but it's a low risk gamble. Windass looks OK when he's fully fit and what I've seen of Crooks he looks shite although it's early.

I asked what exactly McParland has done for us and what makes him so good and people told me, on here that he persuaded Nico and Barton to sign. That's a glowing reference. 

The reason I'm saying we don't have a decent scouting network is because it's focused at one market only - we are missing out big time. That's undeniable.

I totally agree we need more, qualified scouts to expand our markets but we don't have that - so how am I wrong saying we aren't laying down good scouting foundations when, as you've just admitted, we don't have a scouting network ? 

again, these things take time. Its not dont overnight. when he came on Macparland was at pains to say that Liverpool had 30 scouts throughout europe - and that he has to start building that.

The last thing I have is my head in the sand - by neither am I looking for every negative I can find off the back of a shite result.

That's not true ... Leeds gave Brentford what they wanted. We never. It wasn't a case of highest bidder got him and Leeds pipped us. 

How would they know? The market drives the price, but we made a realistic approach to that deal. We thought he was within our range, and he wasn't. There is a difference to that and suggesting McParland doesn't know the budget. We stayied within our budget, and we lost out on the player.

Wait a minute :lol:

You asked who rates him highly in regards to youth development and why he would consider himself one of the best in the business. I then answered your question by bringing into discussion his founding of the NextGen series - the most successful pan-European youth development programme before UEFA's youth league sham was introduced - that he created...and that's deflection?

The pattern never changes with you. Shout louder and hope for the best. Indeed, thank fuck I did block you.  

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

again, these things take time. Its not dont overnight. when he came on Macparland was at pains to say that Liverpool had 30 scouts throughout europe - and that he has to start building that.

The last thing I have is my head in the sand - by neither am I looking for every negative I can find off the back of a shite result.

I really wish it was only one shite result. Apart from humping killie, I can't think of another convincing footballing display this season. 

1 minute ago, thegambler said:

I really wish it was only one shite result. Apart from humping killie, I can't think of another convincing footballing display this season. 

I don't agree. I think, apart from last night, that this team where growing into the demands of this league. It hasn't been pretty, but last night was our first defeat in the league since September.