When you are losing by 2 goals ... and bring off your best player ...

Ryju84

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

It's was a fucking disgraceful decision. Not only did he score, he was keeping the tide at bay in midfield. As soon as he went off we totally collapsed. 

Makes you wonder why he did it,  did Mark chuck the game thinking we weren't going to pull it back and was thinking of the next Game?  Or did he really think the boy looked knackered (he clearly didn't). 

His decisions are baffling 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The Godfather said:

Makes you wonder why he did it,  did Mark chuck the game thinking we weren't going to pull it back and was thinking of the next Game?  Or did he really think the boy looked knackered (he clearly didn't). 

His decisions are baffling 

Honestly mate I have no idea. I think it was a pre planned MW decision before the game and he just stuck to his plan rather than see we were in danger of getting fucked and that we needed this lad on the park.

Totally bewildering. 

Dont known if this is fake or not, saw this on twitter 

"The pitch out there is so heavy. We've got a responsibility to his parent club. We have got to look after their asset." @MarkWarburton9 ??

what about your fukkin responsibility to the club that's paying your wages???

1 minute ago, Billythebear77 said:

"The pitch out there is so heavy. We've got a responsibility to his parent club. We have got to look after their asset." @MarkWarburton9 ??

That's not fake. He actually said that in the interviews

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Halliday was hitting stray balls all night. And then he gave away a daft free kick in a dangerous area not much before they scored. He should have been subbed.

We have been saying the same things for a while. Kiernan is staring games despite giving goals away on a gamely basis, 1 from a cross again then gave away a daft free kick that lead to another.  Tav has been brutal while Hodgson is overlooked despite being a better defender 

Warburton has consistantly done that all season, you know he ll take off the best player on the park, i really question him as a manager. You dont take a player off to protect him for his parent club, u keep him on to win games. Shockin management

2 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

He did say that. It's not really in the context it's portrayed as he was clearly stressed, but he did say it. 

I would say watch the clip then make up your mind re his intent.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We have been saying the same things for a while. Kiernan is staring games despite giving goals away on a gamely basis, 1 from a cross again then gave away a daft free kick that lead to another.  Tav has been brutal while Hodgson is overlooked despite being a better defender 

Hodson should have been played, and Kiernan has nothing to his game whatsoever, I thought Halliday was a certainty to come off, because he was out of his league tonight.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

He did say that. It's not really in the context it's portrayed as he was clearly stressed, but he did say it. 

I would say watch the clip then make up your mind re his intent.

If he said that, and in the interview I saw he didn't say that, then he was wrong to say it.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I can imagine the context, but is a huge mistake to say that.

It was almost like an afterthought,  and in the whole clip he comes across more stressed that I have ever seen him. He is talking fast, he is saying things that he shouldn't be saying etc. He done the interview too soon after that game for his own good.

3 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

No words for it

His words were that he needs to look after the player for the long term, heavy pitch n that plus he's only 20. That dick Sutton made the point that he is treating us like development team. Cant argue with that. He should be more concerned about winning the game at hand not about protecting fucking loan players... That was the final straw for me.

Just now, cushynumber said:

It was almost like an afterthought,  and in the whole clip he comes across more stressed that I have ever seen him. He is talking fast, he is saying things that he shouldn't be saying etc. He done the interview too soon after that game for his own good.

It's funny how we see things differently. I didn't see the pain of defeat that I ve seen before; it almost convinced me that he is for leaving between now and the end of the season. I agree he was talking fast etc, but I found it interesting that there didn't appear to be any anger there. I remember in the past when we lost, and he looked furious. That appeared to be absent tonight. 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's funny how we see things differently. I didn't see the pain of defeat that I ve seen before; it almost convinced me that he is for leaving between now and the end of the season. I agree he was talking fast etc, but I found it interesting that there didn't appear to be any anger there. I remember in the past when we lost, and he looked furious. That appeared to be absent tonight. 

I can't ever remember him looking furious after a defeat.

15 minutes ago, Dunny_01 said:

Warburton has consistantly done that all season, you know he ll take off the best player on the park, i really question him as a manager. You dont take a player off to protect him for his parent club, u keep him on to win games. Shockin management

It wasn't only that, but the obvious worst player in midfield wasn't subbed.