New Manager Suggestions

MacBoyd

Say de Boer is out the equation, is McInnes really that bad a suggestion? 

Builds decent teams with next to no budget, was there when we clinched 9IAR so understands what it means to stop their 10 and of course would weaken the sheep. 

I know he's not the most popular choice on here but compared to some of the others such as McLeish and Davies who seem most likely I'd take Mcinnes over them all day long. 

Compensation could be a stumbling block though. 

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, mabawsa said:

Placed Sky bet on Davies at 6/1..... him with wee Spenny as his assistant. Davies been getting more airtime on Rangers games last few weeks and John Spencer has returned from the US. 

At least your winnings would help cushion the blow

MWs days are numbered

Will probably get slagged for this but mccleish would be my appointment till the end of the season with the possibility of a rolling contract

His football was brutal but we need solidity and a bit of experience right now

Would rather him over billy Davies every day of the week

1 minute ago, AyrshireBear1872 said:

MWs days are numbered

Will probably get slagged for this but mccleish would be my appointment till the end of the season with the possibility of a rolling contract

His days here are already over.

34 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Builds decent teams with next to no budget, was there when we clinched 9IAR so understands what it means to stop their 10 and of course would weaken the sheep. 

I know he's not the most popular choice on here but compared to some of the others such as McLeish and Davies who seem most likely I'd take Mcinnes over them all day long. 

Bottle merchant 

5 minutes ago, AyrshireBear1872 said:

MWs days are numbered

Just pissed myself! ?

Im guessing you've just logged on and haven't checked the epic 'Rangers accept Warburton's resignation' thread! 

39 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Why pay the compensation for McInnes when you could appoint guys of similar ability in the form of McLeish or Davies for nothing?

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Why pay the compensation for McInnes when you could appoint guys of similar ability in the form of McLeish or Davies for nothing?

After positing this I read it's going to be McLeish or Davies till the end of the season so the permanent appointment won't be till the summer. 

McInnes doesn't really excite me but I can't think of any ther realistic candidates. 

8 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

After positing this I read it's going to be McLeish or Davies till the end of the season so the permanent appointment won't be till the summer. 

McInnes doesn't really excite me but I can't think of any ther realistic candidates. 

That's the problem, realistically at this moment in time it's going to be people whom we are not going to be really that happy being in charge. It's the wrong time of year and we're not the best financially, so sadly we have to look at less exotic people.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

That's the problem, realistically at this moment in time it's going to be people whom we are not going to be really that happy being in charge. It's the wrong time of year and we're not the best financially, so sadly we have to look at less exotic people.

Probably correct to wait till the summer, can't afford to get this one wrong. 

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

Probably correct to wait till the summer, can't afford to get this one wrong. 

That's why I'm saying calderwood might be the best option, it sounds silly I know, but being realistic he's the only one that would accept a short term contract and still love the oppertunity - he's done it plenty times before. McLeish might accept a short term contract as well, Mcinnes? Nah, don't see it, he'll want in for a longer time.

I'd rather be with calderwood than managerless until the summer, then we can get someone else in.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

That's why I'm saying calderwood might be the best option, it sounds silly I know, but being realistic he's the only one that would accept a short term contract and still love the oppertunity - he's done it plenty times before. McLeish might accept a short term contract as well, Mcinnes? Nah, don't see it, he'll want in for a longer time.

I'd rather be with calderwood than managerless until the summer, then we can get someone else in.

According to David Edgar the only 2 candidates are Davies or McLeish then see where we are in the summer. I'm guessing they'd both accept it and treat it as an audition to get it full time. Not sure which one I'd prefer if I'm being honest.

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

According to David Edgar the only 2 candidates are Davies or McLeish then see where we are in the summer. I'm guessing they'd both accept it and treat it as an audition to get it full time. Not sure which one I'd prefer if I'm being honest.

I know what you mean, I wasn't a huge fan of McLeish tbh. Always got frustrated with him playing players out of position. The whole thing is like choosing which turd doesn't smell the most shitty.

1 minute ago, minus22 said:

Neil McCann 

Sorry, no ex player should be given the role - look at mccoist. 

We cannot risk our future by frivolously giving it to someone who is an ex ranger and talks well in the media. More qualifications and experience is required. Has to be a tried and tested manager.

Otherwise we could very well be in a world of pain.