Rangers Strip Colour Combination

19 hours ago, Dietspam said:

Our Adidas strips in the 90s were the best ever IMO. Some unbelievable tops in that era. 

Got to disagree, i don't think Adidas gave us one truly memorable strip in five years or however long the deal was.

Adidas to me is the iconic simple self colour with a contrasting three stripes down the sleeve. Think 1970s West Germany, Ipswich or Forest. Instead we got that "Equipment" gimmick, the abomination that was the "Gazza" one with the round neck, and finally a rip off of the France effort. I suppose we were just with them at the wrong time.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 9:32 PM, cushynumber said:

my favourite strip ever was this one. I must have been 10 or 11 when i got it. 

Im crying just looking at it

37408208_l.jpg

It was red though mate, was never orange. Cracker of a top though. 

9 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Got to disagree, i don't think Adidas gave us one truly memorable strip in five years or however long the deal was.

Adidas to me is the iconic simple self colour with a contrasting three stripes down the sleeve. Think 1970s West Germany, Ipswich or Forest. Instead we got that "Equipment" gimmick, the abomination that was the "Gazza" one with the round neck, and finally a rip off of the France effort. I suppose we were just with them at the wrong time.

Spot on. The 70s/80s Adidas strips were design classics. Loved the cross over collar on say the Bayern Munich shirt, plain red with the 3 stripes and old classic trefoil logo. Unfortunately the 90s were an abomination for kit design by all manufacturers. There are probably 2 reasons a strip is remembered well, A) it was quite literally a design classic, or B) A team wore it during a successful season. I think the Adidas France strip we had in 97 falls into the latter category because of 9iar as opposed to it being a great design.

On 28/03/2017 at 9:32 PM, cushynumber said:

my favourite strip ever was this one. I must have been 10 or 11 when i got it. 

Im crying just looking at it

37408208_l.jpg

The home top is my favourite home top.  Absolute stunner, but were is the Umbro sign?   Got a home top with the Umbro badge and proper badge with no11 on the back, not original but a hell of a copy. 

14 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Take that back you monster

5 hours ago, JamieD said:

Take that back you monster

This guy?:hairout:

Never liked it, Jamie. From that thick round collar with the manufacturer's logo at the throat, to the jumble of RFC crests all over it like spaghetti, to the three rings around the sleeves and shorts instead of the classic three vertical stripes, it did nothing for me.

Great memories of the time in our history it was worn, sure. Gazza's 8 in a row game masterclass, Laudrup destroying the tarriers at Hampden, and many more. But never a strip I look back on fondly.