Senderos to sporting director(Grasshoppers)

It's weird how he's only 32 and how much his career has regressed. He essentially peaked at Arsenal and done a decent job at Fulham but fuck me since about 28-30 he just looks like he can't actually play football. It's amazing how players completely fall off a cliff with regards to form then you look at defenders like Terry who up until this season was consistently one of the best if not the best defender in the premier league season after season for the past decade. 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What's the score with his latest injury?

Think I read online that he has a calf injury now, was on the bench on Saturday but couldn't be brought on as we knew he'd only last 15/20 mins??? :confused:

Apparently the calf injury is an ongoing thing that has been an issue since before Caixinha arrived.

The injury preventing him even playing for the 15/20 mins now was a fall at training.

I was hoping that managers nowadays would know enough to spot when a player was just trying to top up his pension. Obviously not. We signed a player who couldn't actually run anymore based on the fact that he had once been good - and that would make him a superstar in Scotland. MW isnt the first Rangers manager  - or player for that matter - to fall into that trap. 

Interestingly (or maybe not!) when we signed this guy was the first time alarm bells started ringing for me with MW. It was an obvious panic buy.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I was hoping that managers nowadays would know enough to spot when a player was just trying to top up his pension. Obviously not. We signed a player who couldn't actually run anymore based on the fact that he had once been good - and that would make him a superstar in Scotland. MW isnt the first Rangers manager  - or player for that matter - to fall into that trap. 

Interestingly (or maybe not!) when we signed this guy was the first time alarm bells started ringing for me with MW. It was an obvious panic buy.

Philipe has a fantastic CV.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

I found that a strange remark from Warburton.

it was just a get out. "Look at his CV!" rather than focus on what he is doing at the moment. At the time I dont think he had kicked a ball in months. Then asking for backing from the board to support his signing because they werent keen on it...

poor poor judgement

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

it was just a get out. "Look at his CV!" rather than focus on what he is doing at the moment. At the time I dont think he had kicked a ball in months. Then asking for backing from the board to support his signing because they werent keen on it...

poor poor judgement

Internal politics i think.

He wasn't Warburtons first choice.