Update on our long term injuries

I am sure the young lad will come good and be a force for us, he is a tough little bastard but maybe his mind is also playing with him now as well as he has been off for so many injuries.

Let him get back into the groove and on the park and judge him then, personally I am not going to write the boy off, there is something gifted in there.

17 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I know all about it mate!, Back in those days when I played there was virtually nothing known about the effects of spinal damage that then affected other parts of the body. Getting scudded from a 15 stone hammer thrower of a defender coming right through the back of you didn't help matters; but by fuck I'm certainly paying for it now.

I feel your pain. I'm 54 with tight hammys and calfs and lower back pain.....and I thought it was auld age!

5 hours ago, tyabb bear said:

I feel your pain. I'm 54 with tight hammys and calfs and lower back pain.....and I thought it was auld age!

Naw mate! It's more to do with the battering the body takes from playing football in an era where if you stayed down in a tackle after having your legs halved in two behind the knees from a big dirty cunt of a defender and you had no body parts missing, your team mates would have told you to get fucking up and get on with the game.

Wait until you hit the 70 mark and every bone in your legs and feet are fucked and you can hardly walk at times.:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

Naw mate! It's more to do with the battering the body takes from playing football in an era where if you stayed down in a tackle after having your legs halved in two behind the knees from a big dirty cunt of a defender and you had no body parts missing, your team mates would have told you to get fucking up and get on with the game.

Wait until you hit the 70 mark and every bone in your legs and feet are fucked and you can hardly walk at times.:facepalm:

And if you did stay down the trainer would run on with a bucket of ice cold water and a sponge!

Just now, tyabb bear said:

And if you did stay down the trainer would run on with a bucket of ice cold water and a sponge!

That's a fucking nightmare of a memory especially when you got the skin removed from your shins (no shinpads in those days) and the trainer was rubbing that icy sponge on your bare bleeding bones :nailbiting: Rule 1 for a player...never tell the trainer you copped it in the baws :justno:

I wonder if rossiter finds himself with a similar fate to prodan did. Arriving with an injury, then the club realise if he plays they will incur further payments that they do not want to make. On the balance of things decide no to play him. That might explain the mystery injury.