Remember Davie Wilson?

1 hour ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

In this picture is the greatest Rangers team to ever grace the jersey and Davie Wilson is one of them ! PS - And the greatest strip ever !

image.thumb.jpeg.5c44eb0b04c2cd705373bd249d4183c2.jpeg

image.gif.f66c0b83ad7c91ab73289296a03607ad.gif

Agreed!, that and the short sleeved version, is the strip I remember Rangers wearing when my dad started taking me to see them, and also the first strip I got for Christmas. I have one of those jerseys hanging in my wardrobe, I bought it a few years ago, from Toffs I think it was.

They actually look classy in that strip, jerseys tucked in, polished black boots, epitome of Rangers.

4 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Davie Wilson was a great player and not afraid to go down in the box and 'ask a question of the ref'.  Quite handy at left-back as well as England supporters of a certain vintage may recall.  

I remember a game (possibly Clyde) when Davie got tripped about 10 yards from the penalty box and went down screaming for a penalty :rofl: It wasn't given but by fuck it was hilarious.One of the funniest true stories involving Davie was when he was manager of Dumbarton and into his 50's.The reserves were a man short for a game against Celtic at Boghead, so Davie thought he should come off the bench and play;  Bobby Tait was the ref and Davie said to him: ‘Bob, I wouldn’t mind a wee penalty today’. and Bobby Tait replied; ‘Jimmy,if you can make it into the Celtic box at your age, you’ll get one’.  Davie made it into the box and he got his penalty kick. :thumbsup: What a player the wee man was.