Time To Back The Manager.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

van Gaal wasn't great, no. Mourinho hasn't been brilliant but at least got them into the CL and lifted a European trophy.

Rodgers was shite at Liverpool. Which is why he got the sack and couldn't get a sniff of a decent job.

Moyes done well at Everton but has since been wank at United, Real Sociedad and Sunderland.

Caxhinha or Moyes? 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Yes. Making a team much worse than they already were, and breaking the wrong records galore. Surely that's sackable?

He had Warbiola's team of League One megastars and used the two months he had to suss out what they were capable of. I keep seeing folk go on about these records and then often see the same folk suggest McLeish return despite the records he broke.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He had Warbiola's team of League One megastars and used the two months he had to suss out what they were capable of. I keep seeing folk go on about these records and then often see the same folk suggest McLeish return despite the records he broke.

I'd rather not have him, but would prefer him to Caixhina. He also won a double, a treble, and two cups, as well as last 16 on his side.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

I'd rather not have him, but would prefer him to Caixhina. He also won a double, a treble, and two cups, as well as last 16 on his side.

and had the longest losing streak, longest run without a win, longest run of defeats to celtic and longest run of games against them without scoring in history. Oh aye and he also got papped out of Europe by a shower of shite no-one had heard of (or heard from since). 

I'll take losing to Aberdeen at Ibrox much sooner than going six games without even scoring against Celtic.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

and had the longest losing streak, longest run without a win, longest run of defeats to celtic and longest run of games against them without scoring in history. Oh aye and he also got papped out of Europe by a shower of shite no-one had heard of (or heard from since). 

I'll take losing to Aberdeen at Ibrox much sooner than going six games without even scoring against Celtic.

What Frank said.

8 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

McLeish obviously had a lot of failures but he had as many successes to balance it out, Pedro has nothing going for him. Huge difference.

Look at the difference in the teams they had. Pedro has only just built his own side this summer

Just now, The Dude said:

Look at the difference in the teams they had. Pedro has only just built his own side this summer

He's shown nothing to suggest he's the man to take us forward, here or at any of his previous clubs. The longer we delay the inevitable the longer it will take to get it right. The guy hasn't got a clue.

Whether we want him to stay or want him to go the fact is he won't be sacked just now. He won't be sacked for both football and financial reasons. The football reasons being that what manager worth his salt would come in at the 11th hour with an untried team and no or limited funds to bring their own players in? It would also cost a few quid to get rid of the manager and his staff.

As I'm sure we will, we need to be united from the word go and back the team including the management. If the results, not caring about performances, aren't early doors then we can make our voices heard.

9 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

He's shown nothing to suggest he's the man to take us forward, here or at any of his previous clubs. The longer we delay the inevitable the longer it will take to get it right. The guy hasn't got a clue.

You watch much Mexican or Qatari football?

10 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

:tu:I've said this a hundred times. If there was any reason at all for optimism or positivity, I'd grab it with both hands. But there isn't, not one.

If Pedro paid any attention the criticism he's getting from the fans ATM he'd be the first to say that it's warrantied. How could he not?  Overall,we have been very unimpressive since he started and he'll know all eyes are on him put out a team that wins and are also hard to beat.  I hope he can but the least he should be given (and expect) is a proper assessment at the end of the year, both formally and informally. If we're not proud of our team at that time the fans can put enough pressure on the board to get him fired if he doesn't do a deal to leave. So I'd give him another five months to prove his critics wrong. 

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

If Pedro paid any attention the criticism he's getting from the fans ATM he'd be the first to say that it's warrantied. How could he not?  Overall,we have been very unimpressive since he started and he'll know all eyes are on him put out a team that wins and are also hard to beat.  I hope he can but the least he should be given (and expect) is a proper assessment at the end of the year, both formally and informally. If we're not proud of our team at that time the fans can put enough pressure on the board to get him fired if he doesn't do a deal to leave. So I'd give him another five months to prove his critics wrong. 

So, the end of October comes, sitting 3rd or 4th, pumped by the taigs, beat by the sheep, looking like a lost cause, he deserves until January?

8 hours ago, MrMckee said:

First game is against Motherwell so will hold judgement until than.. part of me thinks he may surprise us 

I think the surprise will be new record lows for us, doubt he could top Niederkorn, but he does have the surprise element. Seriously, he needs to be gone before our season is well and truly wrecked.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So, the end of October comes, sitting 3rd or 4th, pumped by the taigs, beat by the sheep, looking like a lost cause, he deserves until January?

He should have been sacked for gross misconduct after that result in Luxembourg. I'm not tolerating this guy at all, and hope when he is gone that our season isn't over by the October international weekend.

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

No one does, cos it's shit. And he's performed averagely amongst the shit that nobody is interested in.

LigaMX is FAR better than the SPFL. Christ, there was a Mexican team streamed a reserve game on facebook and got 500k domestic viewers (we get around 1m in the UK for an old firm game) but aye, naebody is interested.

Just now, The Dude said:

LigaMX is FAR better than the SPFL. Christ, there was a Mexican team streamed a reserve game on facebook and got 500k domestic viewers (we get around 1m in the UK for an old firm game) but aye, naebody is interested.

Well obviously Mexicans are interested in Mexican football. :lol: And Mexico is huge and Scotland is tiny, so comparing domestic viewing figures is pointless. But apart from that, you've convinced me, he's a genius.